Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ren Marston wrote: 2 years ago i'd love to be able to turn first class shipping on for individual horses
Management have said in the past they won’t do this as the point of it is to draw out as much money as possible.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I have small barn so it's easy for me to turn on and off
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

On the Stud Book I'd like to see an addition to the Gallop % field that will also give us an idea on how studs do with different quality broodmares.

Example:

We should select formidable broodmare, and from there see how that stallion has procuded with formidable broodmares. ie:

Claimer: 60% (number of foals)
Solid: 20% (number of foals)
Allowance: 15% (number of foals)
Stakes: 5% (number of foals)
Freak: 0% (number of foals)

Whereas with Blue Hen, we may get something like:

Claimer: 20% (number of foals)
Solid: 30% (number of foals)
Allowance: 20% (number of foals)
Stakes: 20% (number of foals)
Freak: 10% (number of foals)

This would give us some visibility on the quality of broodmares a stud is seeing for their overall numbers, and which studs might be better at improving lower comment mares.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago On the Stud Book I'd like to see an addition to the Gallop % field that will also give us an idea on how studs do with different quality broodmares.

Example:

We should select formidable broodmare, and from there see how that stallion has procuded with formidable broodmares. ie:

Claimer: 60% (number of foals)
Solid: 20% (number of foals)
Allowance: 15% (number of foals)
Stakes: 5% (number of foals)
Freak: 0% (number of foals)

Whereas with Blue Hen, we may get something like:

Claimer: 20% (number of foals)
Solid: 30% (number of foals)
Allowance: 20% (number of foals)
Stakes: 20% (number of foals)
Freak: 10% (number of foals)

This would give us some visibility on the quality of broodmares a stud is seeing for their overall numbers, and which studs might be better at improving lower comment mares.
I seriously second this. This would also help add diversity as it would aid to supporting 'smaller' studs that aren't as popular due to gallop percentages, which may be explained through the broodmare quality the stud has seen!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

I have a very simple request that would save all players some time.

On the SHIPPING page can we have a column added where we can set the home location as well? That way we can set the home location and then ship. It could also be added to the Home Location page as well. Or just combine both pages into one page. lol

Just a thought. :)
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Erin Erskine
Miler

Post by Erin Erskine »

I would seriously pay something to somehow get a reminder to ship my horses :?
Not a user of autoship - I like to check the competition, then ship... Haven't started this year off too strongly!!
Sophie O'connor
Two Year Old

Post by Sophie O'connor »

As a fan of breeding stats irl, I would love to see a page for broodmare sire stats for each stallion, maybe similar to the current “top progeny” table but instead of listing the broodmare sire, it would list the sire of each of the top horses. Hope that makes sense. I’m still fairly new to breeding but one of the first things I do when breeding is look at what stallions work with mares by the same sire, it would make searching for those stats much easier.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Probably not a small thing, but a withdraw or scratch button for when you (me) accidentally put a horse in a race on back to back weeks. I believe the races are “run” as soon as they lock, but maybe a button to pay a certain fee/gp to avoid injury and the button is only available for the 24 hours between when they lock and when they post.
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

Not that I will win any of these...but more trophies for races like.
Baltimore Oaks, Long Island Acorn, Arima Kinen, Beverly B, Star of Stars, Moon of Moons, etc.

Also a way to set the preferred workout distance and surface so it does not have to be selected each time.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

When you use game points to pay for equipment it would be great if equipment was then automatically set for each horse. If this just happened when you used game points it would also be an incentive to get people to do that. It is shocking me how long it is taking me to set all my yearling’s equipment and I don’t have even have that many. No idea how the mega stables do it
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago When you use game points to pay for equipment it would be great if equipment was then automatically set for each horse. If this just happened when you used game points it would also be an incentive to get people to do that.
Sign me up! Especially because I forget by the time I get to the equipment set page, then have to go back and read their history…Perry much every time 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

We might as well have a button that just enters our horses for us too. Pay the gp and click. Then we can walk away from the pc until race night. Lol
;p
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I would like an Extraordinary Auction for The Steward as a gift to the community, I know she does, and has done a lot for her all the time, but I think this would help the less productive stables have the opportunity to have a good or excellent Product in your barn, as a runner, and player is female, or male

she raised product of mares already disappeared, it's great

what if she takes 100 all time great mares, and breeds foal, with a 100 sale auction, to pick just one, and buy just one, this would help stables that don't have a quality bloodline, to get to have that opportunity of a good runner, and a good player

100 sons of 100 large breeders in an Extraordinary auction one choice, one buy all 100 in a single auction three days the time of sale

I think a lot of money would be placed in that auction

and why not place studs from the past that also have their rate in GPS, and $ Sim something that will surely help the bloodline for everyone, and the money from the studs to the account of the Steward

I really think that these 2 ideas, or wishes would be great for a better balance for many

I just hope that The Steward will be encouraged, and try it even if it's just once, and if it has good results, do it every so often, but I think that the activation of stallions from the past would also be of great help to everyone
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Late nominations. For a very very steep price, someone could late nominate their horse to a nomination required race up until the time entries close.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The rule that you have to pay $3m for a steward-bred slot before purchasing an extra steward-bred should go away, especially if the goal is to remove money from the game. If the money is removed from your account automatically upon purchase, then there is no risk of just losing $3m. Therefore, more players would purchase more extra steward-breds, and more money would be removed from the game. I understand that the risk is the point of the rule, but I do not understand what good it does.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’