Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Danny Derby »

Tim Matthews wrote: 2 years ago The rule that you have to pay $3m for a steward-bred slot before purchasing an extra steward-bred should go away, especially if the goal is to remove money from the game. If the money is removed from your account automatically upon purchase, then there is no risk of just losing $3m. Therefore, more players would purchase more extra steward-breds, and more money would be removed from the game. I understand that the risk is the point of the rule, but I do not understand what good it does.
100% upvote on this. Being asked to spend $3M just for an opportunity to bid is actually insulting. Charge it when the horse is acquired, but I will never use this feature for an auction as it currently exists.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The option to select G1 Winner on the search page please. Would love to be able to search up how many Grade 1 winners a stallion has produced.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Would it be possible to make it so leased horses returned to their assigned custom barn when the lease is terminated? Pretty please?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago Would it be possible to make it so leased horses returned to their assigned custom barn when the lease is terminated? Pretty please?
I second this.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Could we make it such that claiming races just split the second they go over capacity rather than needing 3 additional horses? As my schedule has gotten crazier I've switched to entering my horses 3 weeks after they last ran to save time, as I can guarantee I only need to look at races for a horse once to get it entered. However, in doing this I more frequently come across races I'm interested in that are already filled :( this is particularly true for paint claimers, so I have to either enter my horse and hope for the best that it splits risking they don't get to run (I do not have the mental capacity to remember to recheck before race day) or just put them in an unpreferred race. In some situations like maiden claimers for horses over 2 the races are few and far between so it stings when one is available but already filled. I realize there was some malfeasance around race splitting for-profit a while back, but I believe that was with 50k allowance races. I feel people aren't going to get rich quick off mixer claimers with 10k purses and the change would make it easier for those players grinding it out in the claimer ranks to keep on grinding.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago The option to select G1 Winner on the search page please. Would love to be able to search up how many Grade 1 winners a stallion has produced.
Upvote
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago Could we make it such that claiming races just split the second they go over capacity rather than needing 3 additional horses? As my schedule has gotten crazier I've switched to entering my horses 3 weeks after they last ran to save time, as I can guarantee I only need to look at races for a horse once to get it entered. However, in doing this I more frequently come across races I'm interested in that are already filled :( this is particularly true for paint claimers, so I have to either enter my horse and hope for the best that it splits risking they don't get to run (I do not have the mental capacity to remember to recheck before race day) or just put them in an unpreferred race. In some situations like maiden claimers for horses over 2 the races are few and far between so it stings when one is available but already filled. I realize there was some malfeasance around race splitting for-profit a while back, but I believe that was with 50k allowance races. I feel people aren't going to get rich quick off mixer claimers with 10k purses and the change would make it easier for those players grinding it out in the claimer ranks to keep on grinding.
Alternative suggestion that couple maybe work for all races. Up the max field size by 2 and then split at 1 over. So the race still splits at the same number of horses, but no one ever gets left out.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago Could we make it such that claiming races just split the second they go over capacity rather than needing 3 additional horses? As my schedule has gotten crazier I've switched to entering my horses 3 weeks after they last ran to save time, as I can guarantee I only need to look at races for a horse once to get it entered. However, in doing this I more frequently come across races I'm interested in that are already filled :( this is particularly true for paint claimers, so I have to either enter my horse and hope for the best that it splits risking they don't get to run (I do not have the mental capacity to remember to recheck before race day) or just put them in an unpreferred race. In some situations like maiden claimers for horses over 2 the races are few and far between so it stings when one is available but already filled. I realize there was some malfeasance around race splitting for-profit a while back, but I believe that was with 50k allowance races. I feel people aren't going to get rich quick off mixer claimers with 10k purses and the change would make it easier for those players grinding it out in the claimer ranks to keep on grinding.
Alternative suggestion that couple maybe work for all races. Up the max field size by 2 and then split at 1 over. So the race still splits at the same number of horses, but no one ever gets left out.
14 horses running for 10k?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Down vote 14 horse fields
;p
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I’d rather run against 2 more horses than not get to run at all, but it seems I’m in the minority of being frustrated over not being able to run in bread and butter races due to full fields
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I run a lot of horses and I just feel like if a race is full, I find help to get it split or find another race.
I would rather not see fields changed from 12-14 unless the purse money is increased.

14 horses for 10K purse just seems silly to me.

Removing the 14 horse split requirement on small purse claim races sounds like a better option.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Pietro Vella wrote: 1 year ago I run a lot of horses and I just feel like if a race is full, I find help to get it split or find another race.
I would rather not see fields changed from 12-14 unless the purse money is increased.

14 horses for 10K purse just seems silly to me.

Removing the 14 horse split requirement on small purse claim races sounds like a better option.
Now we have First Class Shipping it seems a lot of players enter just before the 24 hour deadline leaving those in a different time zone (asleep) no chance to re enter or get help to split.

I prefer the removing the 14 horse split too, on all races.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Could I pretty please request that when you're looking at your entries (from Entries page) - highlight with a new color any races that are over the filled race 5 horse number?

Would help those of us that are using fillers :D
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Any chance if a player has 2 horses entered in a race and the race splits that automatically 1 horse goes to each race instead of being left together in the same race?
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago Any chance if a player has 2 horses entered in a race and the race splits that automatically 1 horse goes to each race instead of being left together in the same race?
+1, with so many races split just before closing it would really help.