the weirdest and most wonderful thing to happen so far in my sim career maybe??

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

the weirdest and most wonderful thing to happen so far in my sim career maybe??

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

so I decided a couple a seasons ago when a nice dr broodmare came up for lease to give it another go with drs
I bred that mare and got a stakes progressive and from other leases also some alowance galloppers one late bloomer and one peak

fast forwarding to this year i noticed a couple of dr colts stakes late bloomers up for sale and bought them both which meant I now had

whatacolorfulworld stakes late bloomer bought from Danny Derby
Mr. Call Boy stakes late bloomer bought from Dylan Christensen
Blue Dabadeeda stakes progressive (homebred)
Empathion allowance late bloomer (homebred)
Zarabi conquerer allowance Peak ( homebred)

I was happy with that line up even though I knew that stakes are not the best in dr but I Had hopes they might be able to be competitive once the late bloomers bloomed somewhere around age 3 or 4 hopefully

week 9 came along and surprise surprise Whatacolorfulworld now turned to freak peak
If that was all that happened I would be happy

week 10 came and my routers would make their debut

Zarabi conquerer ran a maiden claimer and ran 4th pretty much as expected
Blue dabadeeda ran a msw and ran 4th also pretty much expected
Whatacolorfulworld ran a msw and won with an 88 speed figure glad he won but kinda hoped as freak he would have ran a 90 +
Mr. Call Boy ran a msw and won which was more than expected and then I checked his speed figure a 93 whaaaaaat
last but not least
Empathion ran a msw only because he is late bloomer and might improve so I did not want him claimed he wins that msw and I was like whaat already then i checked the sf and my allowance late bloomer ran a 92 ??????

just because of all that happened I decided to gallopp Mr. Call Boy and empathion once more
Mr. Call boy is still a stakes late bloomer
Empathion however is now a freak late bloomer I just had to laugh at this cos this means I have now bred a freak dirt router which with my dirt router barn is kinda absurd
so I realise they might never be what I hope but its fun nonetheless

for conclusion here is a link to everyone how they look right now

Empathion https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1431790
Whatacolorfulworld https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1430443
Blue Dabadeeda https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1401887
Mr. Call Boy https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1417074
Zarabi Conquerer https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1394128
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: the weirdest and most wonderful thing to happen so far in my sim career maybe??

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: the weirdest and most wonderful thing to happen so far in my sim career maybe??

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Happy for you. But you know it's a lure, right? Soon the gravity of the DR vortex will just suck you right in :lol:

Seriously, congrats and good luck wishes!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The SIM gods are smiling upon you, Sten!! Congrats, and I hope they all give you many wins and much fun!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Congrats on that nice string of horses !!!

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Sten: I could not be happier for Empathion and for you. Good things happen when one leases ones mares. It is uncanny and it is a very real SIM phenomenon. My mare Empathy has 13 progeny. I own 11 and the highest rated galloper I have is alw. with a lot of other dreck. I leased Empathy the last two years and Empathy is now 2 for 2 with stakes or better from leases. Nice - jX
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Congrats! Fun read. It's never too late to give up the DR dream, lol! 😄
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Wow that's a really cool jump in ability! Congrats!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

thanks for all the kind words everybody

'dont get me wrong I have no illusions of them being all that great but its fun nonetheless and if one turn out pretty good then all the better
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I LOVE Empathion!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Me too but I wonder how long ut Will last lol
Hes not stew cup nominated either As I nominated Horses early week 10 and empathion was still allowance then