Obligatory GALLOPS Thread!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sherry Crow
Derby Contender

Re: Obligatory GALLOPS Thread!

Post by Sherry Crow »

I bred 153 total between all. 5 stakes, 34 allowance, 48 productive, 15 solid, 52 claimers and 1 DC (thats says progressive humm)

stakes were:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1518495 AWS Ghostly Forensics
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1505223 DR Galaxy's edge
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1510163 DR DMB
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1509603 quarter horse
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1542292 Paint

Sherry
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

1 freak (Zibanejad) and 11 stakes 8 of the 11 are LB so its about 10% overall stakes or better , 41 allowance 25 of which are LB, also had 3 allowance upgrade to stakes including an Ollie Wolf filly,
Enpea Racing
Sprinter

Post by Enpea Racing »

Just finished my gallops!

I bred 60 horses (only 1 mixer this year)

No Freaks :(

Stakes - 6 (AWR by Wootton Bassett, 3 TM's by Pepper Jack Boudin, Tithanos, and Racing Heartbeat, TS by Feather's Shadow, and my sole mixer Arabian DR by Faramir)
Allowance - 16
Productive - 25
Solid - 3
Claimer - 9
Different Career - 1 (Steeplechaser - first one I've bred!)
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Pure trash from 253 breedings. Now how do I get rid of all this expensive junk? Very disappointed.
Oncu Kaan
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Oncu Kaan »

TB 214
7 Stakes (Owlpha Romeo - Improvisational - Poet’s Corner - Red Balloon - Deputy Governor - Kingdom Come - Dave Matthews Band)
66 Allowance
48 Productive
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

overall VERY pleased! I bred 120 foals in all and produced 7 stakes TB's in all! It was a very pleasant crop and I'm very excited.

- 60 Blessed : The dam of this filly was an insanely kind gift from Louise Bayou. She was 16 when I got her so I thought I'd only get one crack at her but was delighted when she survived the birth of her first filly with me- yet saddened when it didn't gallop spectacularly. This year, I tried her with Mahler and again- she prevailed! AND produced me a lovely Stakes bloomer. So excited for this one.

- 60 Glamorous : This one is out of a daughter from the mare above, and is another incredibly kind gesture from Louise who I asked if she had any See You Monday mares to spare since I was eager to try one with Talus but struggled to find one available. I'm very happy I asked as it gave me a Stakes Bloomer!

- 60 Good Set : This filly was out of a fairly hefty lease, and with an untested stud. It was a bit of a risky move with such cool bloodlines as Goodwill and All Good but with all the talk around Owligator I thought it'd be a fun breeding to try and I'm happy to say this also galloped Stakes Bloomer!

- 60 Kiss Me You Fool : This is another foal from an Owl-themed stud, this time being Owlpha Romeo. All hail Saratoga! This dam side is that of stakes winners and nice producers so I'm really happy with this!

- 60 Sunset Blvd : Dave was kind enough to give me another nice one this season after making me a Stakes last year with Winn Dixie. This filly is a 3/4 sister to millionaire When The World Ends so I'm excited to have her!

- 60 That's Not My Name : this Stakes Bloomer is by DMB son Best Revenge and out of a James Dean mare with a solid line of mares and fillies. I'm very happy to have bred this colt- I haven't bred a stakes colt since my debut crop in year 57 so he's very welcome!

- Love Or Be Loved : one word to describe this? HALLELUJAH! This was my last horse to gallop and I sat back and embarrassingly enough I prayed that she'd be nice so I could end on a really exciting note. Much to my surprise and delight...she did! I was very happy to have bred her, a near full sister to my G1 winning homebred Like Or Like Like; their dams are twins and bred to the same sire. So happy that this big filly an inch taller than her sister is just as successful. Pretty neat that both mares hardly produced before this stud.

120 foals, 7 stakes, 27 allowance, 49 productive, 19 solid, 20 claimers

overall: 9/10, a little sad I didn't breed a fresh freak, and a little sad my in house stud didn't give me a stakes, but overall very much satisfied.
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I forgot about improvers!!

2 noteworthy ones:
Queensational (Improvisational x Kingscape (Kingsmen))-Stakes Late Bloomer--->Freak Peak

And most importantly...

Moon On Fire (Improvisational x Fiery Eyes (Moon Faced))-Stakes Late Bloomer--->Freak Peak

My 3yo DR Freak, Honour Among Thieves, remained Freak Progressive and there's nothing else noteworthy
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Definitely a stranger crop, and definitely a couple of disappointments, but there's some really nice stuff here!

2 Freaks:
My Cat Cleo, a turf miler(!) out of Hempstead and Kitten.
The Longest Journey, a dirt router out of Parts Unknown and Brilliant Adventure
8 stakes: The most interesting stakes galloper might be Marowak, who was bred as an AWS but is versatile! Also Salamence and Fistofthenorthstar, who I thought both had huge chances of being freaks, ended up here
24 allowance
23 productive
9 solid
11 claimer
1 different career (bred as a Steeplechaser so, like, no surprise)

This is just thoroughbreds. Also bred two freak mixers, an appy sprinter and a potentially tri distance paint!

Also had two thoroughbreds improve to freak:
Catjam, a turf router who is a grandson of Nyan Cat; and Zog, a weirdly bred turf sprinter from the Cat Named Boots line!

Also had a QH sprinter improve to freak as well, which is cool because she's coming off of a second place finish in the Steward's Cup!
I have a stable full of cats
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago I forgot about improvers!!

2 noteworthy ones:
Queensational (Improvisational x Kingscape (Kingsmen))-Stakes Late Bloomer--->Freak Peak

And most importantly...

Moon On Fire (Improvisational x Fiery Eyes (Moon Faced))-Stakes Late Bloomer--->Freak Peak

My 3yo DR Freak, Honour Among Thieves, remained Freak Progressive and there's nothing else noteworthy
Excellent. Improvisational improvers
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Post by Aaron Tonning »

I bred 545 TB (Non-Chasers) ended up with 2 Freaks and 8 Stakes

60 End All Wars - Palace Pier (Peaceful) - Freak Late Bloomer - TM
60 Five of Us - Karakontie (Dirk Provin) - Freak Progressive - TS
60 Moon Axis - Japanese Majesty (Axis Mundi) - Stakes Peak - DR
Air Force Star - Under Stars (Air Force Blue) - Stakes Late Bloomer - TM
Arizona Canyon - Arizona (Marvel) - Stakes Late Bloomer - DM
Franzia Street - Franzia (Street Cry) - Stakes Progressive - AWR
Kentucky Celeb - Kentucky Storm (Doctor Who) - Stakes Peak - DM
Michigan Wolverine - Franzia (Advance to Go) - Stakes Progressive - AWR
My Colored Glasses - World of Color (Shadowkin) - Stakes Progressive - DR
Winning Interest - Fearless Spirit (Beauty Only) - Stakes Progressive - TM

Overall
Freak - 2 (0.37%)
Stakes - 8 (1.47%)
Allowance - 105 (19.27%)
Productive - 170 (31.19%)
Solid - 82 (15.05%)
Claimer 178- (32.66%)

Kentucky Trouble - Stayed Freak Late Bloomer
Natasha Yar
Miler

Post by Natasha Yar »

Bred my first TB dirt route stakes/late galloper, so that’s exciting.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Gavin Guile wrote: 2 years ago One freak: Waiting on a Miracle

Can’t complain overall but disappointed in Bonecrusher who is allowance. Considering how close that horse is to The Evil Empire
He is worth waiting for Miracle
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

Only 1 Freak a D/R Filly by Witted who is a late bloomer.

6 Stakes ( Nighteyes , Farseer , Zoffany , Spectrum , Owlpha Romeo and Yang Wenli )

Not overly pleased that some of my better race mares are not producing much in the shed so far.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

67 Thoroughbred foals

3 Freaks (4.5%)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1495662 (Karazhan x Sun Sets For You - Conquerer)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1504184 (Nokk x Xhtari - Allonsy)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1529652 (War Like Me x Sing Back Louder - Hold Above)
Thank you Kris Bobby for the lease of Sun Sets For You

11 Stakes (16.4%)
Follow Your Fate (2), War Like Me (2), Ahtohallan, Arizona, Karazhan, Mr. Wonderful, Poet's Corner, The People's Horse, Ziggy Stardust
Thank you Cleo Patra for the lease of This is the Way

22 Allowance (32.8%)

Older horse upgrading to freak, or within the freak category
Rei (Happy This Way x Sing Back Louder - Hold Above)
Volatile (Talus x Lyrium - See You Monday)
Zahraji (That Voodoo Youdo x Xhtari - Allonsy)

Also Nimble (Mr. Wonderful x Guiding Her Home - Man of Mystery) who's on a generous lease from Cleo Patra
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

This was not my best season, but I will attribute it to being less prepared than normal. Due to the lack of time.

Out of 33 TB Yearlings...

Stakes (1)
Oddities Japanese Majesty x Aero Thru My Heart (Outlander) DR - PR

Allowance (4)
Holland Road x Frosted Window (Stand) DM - LB
Osario x Grave Robbin (Kilgrave) DR - PR
Galaxy's Edge x Reckless Decisions (Reckless) DR - PE
Award After Award x Sloppy Janes (Good Samaritan) AWM - LB

The rest Productive->Different Career... I'll be testing the different careers to see if they have chaser ability once they turn 2.

17 Late Bloomers
10 Progressive
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON