TBS Auctions ending at exact same time?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS Auctions ending at exact same time?

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 2 years ago I guess other question would be that this counts as two auction for the rules regarding how many stewardbred auctions there can be in a season. Does this mean there cannot be a stewardbred foal auction this year? If I understand the rules correctly, believe that the answer is Yes.
You are correct, but let's get real, I haven't been breeding enough foals for an auction for several years... I just breed them all during the break like a maniac. I sadly don't see that changing.... Ha!
Not looking to cause any drama here, just bumping this for clarification regarding the Steward Update regarding mares just posted. My understanding on that post is that there's going to be an auction for offspring of those mares later this year, but we've already hit the auction limit. Shouldn't that auction come in Y62 based on that? I know there's people who used their Steward-slots for this year already based on the info above. Thanks!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I actually thought about including a whole disclaimer (in the original thread posting in the Steward's Notices forum, not here) about "Yes, this would change the current auction limit for the year by one..." but left it out. Technically via the rules, I could auction them to Intermediate and lower but I'm guessing the rest of the SIM population wouldn't love that!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago I actually thought about including a whole disclaimer about "Yes, this would change the current auction limit for the year by one..." but left it out. Technically via the rules, I could auction them to Intermediate and lower but I'm guessing the rest of the SIM population wouldn't love that!
i'd love it
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Me too
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago I actually thought about including a whole disclaimer about "Yes, this would change the current auction limit for the year by one..." but left it out. Technically via the rules, I could auction them to Intermediate and lower but I'm guessing the rest of the SIM population wouldn't love that!
I am not at my steward bred limit this year so having another auction this year definitely benefits me. With that being said, I think it's fairer if these horses get held back until next year. Lots of players bought 2 already thinking it was their only shot (per the rules). I don't see any reason why these horses would need to be sold this year.

I'm sure you all now can peacefully and kindly discuss without any drama....
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 years ago
I am not at my steward bred limit this year so having another auction this year definitely benefits me. With that being said, I think it's fairer if these horses get held back until next year. Lots of players bought 2 already thinking it was their only shot (per the rules). I don't see any reason why these horses would need to be sold this year.

I'm sure you all now can peacefully and kindly discuss without any drama....
Just based on recent history, why don't we just let the Steward make this decision, and not discuss it. It doesn't really hurt anybody, so why continue something that will cause more headaches.
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I don't mind holding them til next year (or having a few just for Int and lower this year as well).

But, LEASE auctions are not part of the 4-auction limit, and that is going ahead no matter what this year. I'm gonna need to move the younger lease babies to get some earnings this year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG