TBS Auctions ending at exact same time?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

TBS Auctions ending at exact same time?

Post by Danny Derby »

Both of the Sim $ TBS auctions are currently set to end at 9AM PT on March 13th. Is this intentional?
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS Auctions ending at exact same time?

Post by Xander Zone »

yuck that is super early est time
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

?? 12 pm? That’s perfect, I love it
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It is kind of odd. I have one SB slot left this season and I am eyeing up horses in both auctions. How will the computer determine which horse I win if I end up having high bids on horses in both auctions?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yes, the auctions are meant to end at the same time.

Here is how the whole story went, since so many are curious: I added all the yearlings to an auction save the few GP babies. Then I posted it. Then I sat back and admired my handiwork. People started bidding. But wait! I realized only 50 got added, because I must have selected the wrong auction size. It is almost impossible to add those other 56(ish) yearlings into the old auction, so they went into a new auction. Now I have two auctions. Okay, good save, no one will know that was a giant fail, AND since people already bid we don't have to delete their bids and start over. But wait! Now people, who were supposed to only be able to win ONE yearling (all horses in one auction, limit one) can win two, with two different auctions. That means instead of 106 different winners, it's possible there will be like, 60. That's no good either. What can be done? End them at the same time! Can one person still win two? Sure. Is it a lot harder? Yes! Was that person probably going to buy a pinhook 5 minutes after the auction ended anyway? Also yes! Is it a great solution? No! Are we sticking with it, Yes!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

I guess other question would be that this counts as two auction for the rules regarding how many stewardbred auctions there can be in a season. Does this mean there cannot be a stewardbred foal auction this year? If I understand the rules correctly, believe that the answer is Yes.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Gavin Guile wrote: 2 years ago I guess other question would be that this counts as two auction for the rules regarding how many stewardbred auctions there can be in a season. Does this mean there cannot be a stewardbred foal auction this year? If I understand the rules correctly, believe that the answer is Yes.
You are correct, but let's get real, I haven't been breeding enough foals for an auction for several years... I just breed them all during the break like a maniac. I sadly don't see that changing.... Ha!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Let’s be honest here,

;p
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

What happens if someone wins a yearling in the GP auction, but has bids in both of the regular auctions, and doesn't buy the extra slot in between? Kind of similar to Carole's question.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Whatever auction processes first (I assume it's the one with the lower ID number), that horse will count, and the second (or third or whatever) horse in the other auction will have the bids removed/go to underbidder.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I'm still broke from breeding mares last year, as usual. LOL so I can't afford one anyway... unless by magic an underbid comes up lucky, fingers crossed :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

If I am understanding the process correctly, a person without enough slots can still show as the high bidder? So for example if someone used their last slot on the GP stewies, in theory that person could show up as the high bidder on 2 horses in each of the other auctions, even though they will actually win 0 more horses unless they purchase slots?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

If you have 0 slots available, I'm pretty sure you can't have a high bid. Not sure what happens if you have 1 slot available - if you can have high bids in both auctions, or just a high bid in one (prior to auction closing; obviously if you have a high bid in the first auction to process, you'd then be at your limit and your bids discarded in the second auction, so an underbidder would get the other horse).
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 2 years ago If I am understanding the process correctly, a person without enough slots can still show as the high bidder? So for example if someone used their last slot on the GP stewies, in theory that person could show up as the high bidder on 2 horses in each of the other auctions, even though they will actually win 0 more horses unless they purchase slots?
I am pretty sure the only time the game has oversight into auctions is when people are bidding and when the auction closes, so if someone had a high bid and then used up all their slots elsewhere I don't think anything would happen to their existing bid until the auction closed (at which point the computer would notice they weren't eligible for another stewardbred and instead give the horse to an underbidder), however, if they tried to place a new bid they would likely get an error saying they did not have any available stewardbred spots.

Though that's just what I think I don't actually know anything to back that up
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

This could all add some real suspense to the results, will be fun to see.