Versatile question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Versatile question

Post by Louise Bayou »

This horse is a stakes galloper. I checked him and he is versatile. After trying AWM and TR as the secondary surface/distance neither seem to be it. I've also checked him as a chaser which was a no go. Any thoughts to what I am missing? These types are super frustrating!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Versatile question

Post by Nicole Marie »

I believe versatility can also mean the horse can run different distances on his preferred surface? (I could be wrong. I often am.)

EDIT: Oh I see you've already tried other distances on his preferred surface. I'm stumped too then.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Maybe try a mile on the turf?
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I would try a longer distance on the turf, 10f or better; he seems to like that distance pretty well as an AWR. That's all I got.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Champion is/was versatile and he was pretty mediocre at a mile but his AW works were trash, so maybe it doesn't mean the second one is superstar level? I dunno but I wasn't impressed LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago Champion is/was versatile and he was pretty mediocre at a mile but his AW works were trash, so maybe it doesn't mean the second one is superstar level? I dunno but I wasn't impressed LOL
Wasn’t it confirmed somewhere that versatility means they’re the same level on all their surfaces/distances that they are versatile at?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago Champion is/was versatile and he was pretty mediocre at a mile but his AW works were trash, so maybe it doesn't mean the second one is superstar level? I dunno but I wasn't impressed LOL
Wasn’t it confirmed somewhere that versatility means they’re the same level on all their surfaces/distances that they are versatile at?
Not sure but Champion’s mile speed figures are not the equivalent to his route ones
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago
Not sure if that was confirmed but I like Nena was very underwhelmed at the performances of my 2 versatile horses at distances other than their preferred ones.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

This is a stakes versatile I've experimented with and she's fairly underwhelming also. She cannot jump, sprint, or run well on all-weather it seems so I guess her versatility is mile/route on turf. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1365933
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

My findings, and this is with Paints since that’s all I have, is the first generation of horses to be versatile via the versatility check aren’t actually very good at other distances, better than a specialized horse trying other distances but not as good as they are at their main distance. However they can produce fairly well rounded versatile foals.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k