Public Service Announcment

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Public Service Announcment

Post by Art K Stables »

Not helpful and deceptive to new players .. some improve plenty , some improve little , there’s plenty of examples of both happening , I guess it’s an attempt at humor , but if people less experienced in the game believe this then I guess the “pros “ can rip them off, even on April 1st
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

And just because a horse is a stakes and a stakes peak from beginning to end, doesn't mean you can't win the Steward's Cup Classic ;)
Crayon was a stakes peak as a 1 year old, and he remained a stakes until the end of his racing career, never leveling up, nor down! So. A stakes horse can do more than you think sometimes: D
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes. If you get insider info tips to run your horse in sc classic
;p
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Yes. If you get insider info tips to run your horse in sc classic
The steward reached out to 2 other players too and asked why their horses wasn't entered (because sometimes the steward reaches out to players and ask why a certain horse isn't in a race, or why a certain horse is in a race, nothing new about that). Besides, the steward doesn't know how a horse does in a certain race until the races are closed for registrations and then it's too late to scratch. Crayon could have come last for all that we knew even if the steward wanted him in the race.
I took a risk at entering him. Just because the steward wants a horse in a race, doesn't mean the computer wants the same.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

The gallop change always meaning little is nonsense , dr estimate ran 4th in a field of 4 as a 2yo and did little else, became a freak and a multi grade 1 winner, ypsirk did the same, they became different horses when their gallop improved , other horses who staked to a freak remained just decent stakes horses so people are drawing false conclusions here..
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Just speaking from my own experience Art. I have freaks who can't win NW3's.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Yes. If you get insider info tips to run your horse in sc classic
:o
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

You've all twisted this into something it's not. I never said that horses don't improve and become superstars. I am just saying that the overwhelming majority of the time that doesn't happen, and even if they do they most often aren't much better than they were before. People should keep that in mind before losing all common sense when they see "late bloomer" on a horse.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

So better to have inside info then a late bloomer? Noted!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago horses don't improve and become superstars.
How dare you Danny. I can't believe you said that
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Sometimes I miss being at the center of sim forum drama.

Then I remember no I do not.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Nini Hunter wrote: 2 years ago Just speaking from my own experience Art. I have freaks who can't win NW3's.
and there are stakes who win grade 1s too.. My only point is that suggesting late bloomers is next to meaningless is not true, and when some do it can make all the difference.. but I think the division can be different, since it seems stakes horses in dirt route seem to be struggle in allowance races but stake horses in the sprint divisions usually fare better.. So an improved gallop there from allowance to stake might be marginal.. its just not true everywhere however.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Last year I won a G2 with an allowance peak TR https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1347767 and I have seen a range of results from improvers, but not yet a "double jump" or one that becomes a superstar. There are always exceptions to a rule and I don't think that was Danny's point. He is merely stating that nothing is guaranteed.

One of the first things I was asked by a vet when I got here was which division I wanted to try. Maybe there should be a newbie article about the divisions and the difficulty level of each, although perhaps that is somewhat subjective. Also, I don't know if any one player could write the article if most barns specialize. I see a lot of DR and Chaser disposal auctions and it always makes me wonder if they would have had a better experience if they had tried starting in an easier spot.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 2 years ago There are always exceptions to a rule and I don't think that was Danny's point. He is merely stating that nothing is guaranteed.
It was a bit more of a downgrade than that but the only point I would make is if I sold allowance late bloomers at stake prices, that would be one thing, if I sell allowance late bloomers for a bit more than allowance peak or progressive, that is a difference worth charging for and saying its next to nothing, thereby saying its a worthless distinction is incorrect.. That's my only point
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

There are horses that pay bills and they are admired in my barn!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: