Which Week 6 horses are you excited about?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Which Week 6 horses are you excited about?

Post by Danny Derby »

Week 6 Friday is arguably the most exciting date on the Sim calendar each year, anchored by the Louisville Derby but supported but so many other opportunities for players to pick up major wins. There's more races I can keep track of, so thought it would be fun for an official brag about your Week 6 Friday hopefuls thread, which after Friday can turn into a complain about your Week 6 Friday performances thread :lol: .

I'll kick off with my Derby hopeful Show Yourself. This half sister of Steamboat Willie and Blue Bayou is 3-for-5 on her career and although she's done amazingly well so far, she hasn't been the dominant force that some of her works had suggested she might be. I probably should be running her in the Oaks but my name is Danny Derby so I'm taking a shot here, hoping that the 1-1/4 is more to her liking and that she's able to show her A game against the colts.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Which Week 6 horses are you excited about?

Post by Nini Panini »

Most SC Juvenile Filly champs lose the Oaks, so I'm preparing for the worst with Lovestruck, especially after she ran a lackluster race in what was supposed to be her Derby prep. Bummed we aren't going to the big one, but it is what it is.

Not a very exciting Week 6 for me this year.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Malcontent is the big horse in my stable, so I'm excited to see how she will handle herself in the Turf Classic.

I think she was exhausted during SC race, and still a bit tired in the Pegasus. I didn't race her in a full out race Week 4, but I did run her in a confidence building barrier trial, so she wouldn't tire from a full race, but also not just sit from Week 2 to Week 6.

It might be a false feeling, but I am, at this moment in time...feeling like she's going to do quite well in her race.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I'm very fond of my six year old Sing Back Louder-daughter Hope (James Dean), and I would like her to run well in Scott Eiland's memorial. It's a race I would very much like to win at some point. I never had the chance to get to know Scott, but I heard he liked marathoners, and I love them too.
I have had fillies coming in second (Lost You Later), third (Mezzanine) and third again (Mezzanine), but I've yet to win.
Hope is joined by fellow marathon filly Teine (Castles Crumble) . They both ran well in the Ladies Route last year and seem to be in good shape. So maybe.
Then Hope's younger brother Deshaan (Gladiator) is running in the Derby. He ought to benefit from the added distance, and he has done well hitherto.
Last edited by Ash Tarasin 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I have a fair few in big ones, but 2 3yo colts stand out. Moon On Fire in the Louisville Bunbury (his dam won the race), and Honour Among Thieves being my first ever runner in the Louisville Derby. Very excited, and very nervous! Brings me back to the days when every Grade 1 race made my heart beat just that little bit faster as I checked results :D
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am excited for I Am Nightraider to try the top turf horses, while being very nervous at the same time. I am still new to having stakes-level horses and don't really know how to tell what I've got, so it's all guessing and luck at this point. I have another 4yo filly in a G1 in Asia Friday morning as well.

I would like to say I am feeling confident but on Monday my runners all seemed to have the worst-ever case of barn flu, dropping about 20 speed figure points and poking along like nags. Time will tell.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Through some odd twist of fate I have the only undefeated horse in the Oaks in One More Light; I blame that more on the schedules of the other fillies because she hasn't been throwing out 99's in each race but it's a neat place to be in. The song she's named after is super special to me and it'd be amazing if she did manage to win the Oaks. I'm actually pretty happy with her prep for this race; it was a really nice run considering she fell on her face coming out of the gate

BSB is running in the Dubai Millennium mile against what might be the best field the race has ever seen. I very much want to win this race with him, his sire won it once and his sire's dam won it twice. If BSB could please stop breaking like a dingdong that would honestly be lovely
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

With Philadelphia Blue, I went back and forth between entering him in the Desert World Cup or the more crowded Scott Eiland Memorial. His being 2x3 to Hold Above was the deciding factor to go for the longer distance. I'm hoping for a big performance against a stacked field.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Eric Gray wrote: 2 years ago With Philadelphia Blue, I went back and forth between entering him in the Desert World Cup or the more crowded Scott Eiland Memorial. His being 2x3 to Hold Above was the deciding factor to go for the longer distance. I'm hoping for a big performance against a stacked field.
I would be tempted for the Desert World Cup, only because there isn't much speed in the race
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Well, I was interested to see how Regal Maverick would do in the Millennium Mile...but then all of the good horses he's already lost to showed up.
Guess now my only hope is with Shadow Spawn in the Desert Duty Free. He's up against a good field, but being a closer, I think he might be well placed for a late stretch move. Not sure the distance is right for him...he may want lots more ground, but he's won a G1 at mile and eighth before, so what the heck...let's see.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Thought I had a loaded hand for the Oaks coming into this year with three fillies who looked to have some star quality. I ended up with one entry but have now bailed entirely.

Stuck Atlas Falls in the Derby. Considering how slow his figures have been since his maiden compared to the rest of the field, not sure he belongs at all and am considering also bailing out of that, too. As of now, he's in. Umm, yay?
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 2 years ago Thought I had a loaded hand for the Oaks coming into this year with three fillies who looked to have some star quality. I ended up with one entry but have now bailed entirely.

Stuck Atlas Falls in the Derby. Considering how slow his figures have been since his maiden compared to the rest of the field, not sure he belongs at all and am considering also bailing out of that, too. As of now, he's in. Umm, yay?
Atlas has only run as fast as he needed to, in his most recent races.
He has plenty left in the tank.
He'll be fine.
Barring a troubled trip :(
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Would you take serious sales inquiries then? :D
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Double Dog Dare Ya in the Louisville Bunbury and Zahariel in the Exhibition Stakes
I'm just here for the fun of it
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 2 years ago Thought I had a loaded hand for the Oaks coming into this year with three fillies who looked to have some star quality. I ended up with one entry but have now bailed entirely.

My view is, if you have them, run them. I'm not sure when/if I'll ever get a nice enough horse to even have a chance, so I've always told myself that when I get one, I'll try and enter and hope for the best. With that said, I feel like I have two that have a chance (even if it's slightest of slight), so I'm running Onyx and Nightwing in the Derby - first time I'm here and who knows when I'll be back (not next year - that I know!)

I'm also excited for Wolfborn to try again against some of the best in the Derby Mile