Malcontent

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Malcontent

Post by Stormy Peak »

Malcontent

I wanted to race her in the the Grand Pellegrini, but have decided to skip it - although it's not what I wanted to do. :(

I hate to pass up a chance to earn some of that huge purse, but the track is going to be pretty wet, and she likes dry, plus she hasn't had a nice long rest in a while - although in Wk 4, rather than racing she was in a barrier trial that was less tiring than a race, but a bit more than a work.

I did find a 1 1/2 mile, Grade 1 in London on Wk 8 Day 5. It's an open race, so she would be facing the males again.
On Wk 9 there is a Grade 1 race for fillies and mares in California...but I have no clue yet as to what the weather condition will be like.

I went ahead and entered her into the London race, but if the Wk9 California race's weather condition will show up by then and it's a dry track...I might then scratch her race against the boys, give her that week for rest and go on to California.

Also, I will have an entry in the Pellegrini with my horse Tuck Everlasting.

He likes it muddy...so I hope he can collect a little of that purse money for me. He's a freak, but peaked last year. He won 2 Grade 1 races last year, but so far this year, he's not showing much, so he might be on that downhill slope. ???

I sometimes think I like my goobers better...they don't stress me out as much as my big stakes horses. :lol:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Malcontent

Post by Stormy Peak »

I sometimes think Malcontent is out to give me a heart attack with her come from behind rush to the wire finishes.

Since the Pellegrini was going to be on a wet track and Malcontent likes it dry, I decided to run her in a Grade 1 against the boys in London.

The London Cup, $300,000 purse

She won by a 1/2 length
Antton, owned by Luis Polar, finished 2nd
Henry VII, owned by Carole Hanson, coming in 3rd, just a 1/2 length behind Antton, so it was a close finish for all three.

I watched the race viewer...and that heart attack I mentioned...at one point she completely disappear from the screen and I thought...oh no...she's not going to finish well if she has to make up that much distance. :P Then she showed back up on the screen again, I was, at that point, just hoping she could go fast enough to get 3rd...then she caught the leaders and passed them.

I'm very proud of her. Also, in winning this race, Malcontent's earnings went over the $2 Million mark and she now has a career earnings of $3,125,000

------------
Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

What a filly!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats on a super nice win, Stormy! Those are the kind of races I can't watch; it makes my BP go too high!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Big time!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

So glad to see her back in the winners circle!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Congratulations and what a awesome girl!

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats