Training equipment question/frustration

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Training equipment question/frustration

Post by Stormy Peak »

I am So Irritated in galloping yearlings and 2 year olds, that already got an equipment piece via a gallop...and then it's like about every 3rd gallop they get the same equipment clue.

Meanwhile... I have yearlings and 2 year olds that I gallop 16 to 24 times and Cannot get a clue with a gallop.

When a horse gets it's equipment...why can't it be blocked from a repeat equipment check, so that those without equipment have a better chance at galloping an equipment hint. ???

I'm so frustrated by this.

I just had 3 horses, (all 2 year old routers) in a row get repeated equipment hints.

Last week, I galloped like 40 horses without equipment and not one got an equipment hint, but a more than several got repeated hints.

Would blocking repeated hints actually increase the chances of the remaining ones of getting a hint?
Can something be done in regard to stop wasting equipment hints on horses that already have them and help out those that don't?

Rant over.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Training equipment question/frustration

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Lol For all the newer players reading this, you only get one piece from gallop and or one piece from vet even if the horse requires two of either.

If the horse only needs one piece you’ll never get that from vet or gallop. Same with no equipments.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Lol For all the newer players reading this, you only get one piece from gallop and or one piece from vet even if the horse requires two of either.

If the horse only needs one piece you’ll never get that from vet or gallop. Same with no equipments.
They may also give tips on if the 2nd piece is trainer or vet related
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Andrew you are totally not understanding what I was saying.

I feel like my horses that have NO gallop hints are not getting a chance to get them, when horses I Already KNOW the gallop hint to...end up getting HINTS when it's not needed. Why is the computer telling us stuff we already know about the equipment?

I do re-gallop all my horses once they turn 2 years old..to see if they upgraded, or peaked...and I get gallop hints on them that they Already HAVE. Yet... I can gallop 40 with out hints and not get 1 hint.

This isn't about discovering the other piece. I've been here for 16 years...and know about the 1 hint per gallop and the no equipment stuff for much longer than you've been here.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

I understand your frustration, Stormy. I have it too. As soon as a horse gets their hint I won't gallop them again (because I don't want to get excited that a horse gets a hint, when it is someone who already has GOTTEN their hint).
I miss the time when the trainer said " I think he needs one other piece of equipment too, but I will have to observe this horse in training to try to figure it out" or the FAV and best comment "I think he needs one other piece of equipment too, but I don't think I can help you with that" comment. Sadly these comment is gone and it is frustrating to say the least. To get hints today is so hard and tedious work.

I have many 2 year olds who refuse to get the hint, despite 20 gallops at the least. FRUSTRATION delux.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 2 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Lol For all the newer players reading this, you only get one piece from gallop and or one piece from vet even if the horse requires two of either.

They may also give tips on if the 2nd piece is trainer or vet related
Well that costs GP.

You’re right stormy! I’m not following your rant, its just going in circles and would appear confusing to someone that doesn’t understand how the comments actually work. What’s it matter if the trainer repeats comments? If you want a better chance ago revealing them you pay for equiarmor.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago I understand your frustration, Stormy. I have it too. As soon as a horse gets their hint I won't gallop them again (because I don't want to get excited that a horse gets a hint, when it is someone who already has GOTTEN their hint).
I miss the time when the trainer said " I think he needs one other piece of equipment too, but I will have to observe this horse in training to try to figure it out" or the FAV and best comment "I think he needs one other piece of equipment too, but I don't think I can help you with that" comment. Sadly these comment is gone and it is frustrating to say the least. To get hints today is so hard and tedious work.

I have many 2 year olds who refuse to get the hint, despite 20 gallops at the least. FRUSTRATION delux.
My trainer still says those comments, that's how you know if it's a vet or trainer for 2nd piece
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago I understand your frustration, Stormy. I have it too. As soon as a horse gets their hint I won't gallop them again (because I don't want to get excited that a horse gets a hint, when it is someone who already has GOTTEN their hint).

My trainer still says those comments, that's how you know if it's a vet or trainer for 2nd piece
I have not gotten any of those comments since equiarmor came (I believe). Is it different from Intermediate Players and Veterans? Because those comments does not show up for me. At all :/

(I do not have equiarmor, since 1mil is waaaay too much for my budget. So I'll have to do it the old fashioned way, which is harder now it seems than before.)
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago

I have not gotten any of those comments since equiarmor came (I believe). Is it different from Intermediate Players and Veterans? Because those comments does not show up for me. At all :/

(I do not have equiarmor, since 1mil is waaaay too much for my budget. So I'll have to do it the old fashioned way, which is harder now it seems than before.)
You get the Trainer or Vet piece hint when you pay for the 1st piece of equipment via the equipment check. So you pay for piece #1 and are told (if the horse needs 2 pieces) if piece #2 is training or a vet piece

Equipment piece #1 is the piece you pay for
Equipment piece #2 is the free piece either gallop or vet

Horses that get no equipment will obviously not give any equipment hints
Horses that get 1 piece of equipment will never give a free gallop/vet piece, you must pay for the piece
Horses that get 2 pieces of equipment will have the piece you pay for and the free gallop/vet piece which will be hinted to you at the EQ check as "I'll have to observe the horse" (gallop piece) or "I don't think I can help with that" (Vet Piece)

Not every horse needs 2 pieces of equipment, so you will not get a gallop piece for every horse, I forget the statistics on this, Regina did an article on it forever ago. For sake of round numbers, I'm guessing, say 60% of horses need 2 pieces, there are more gallop pieces than vet pieces so say 2/3rds of those get a gallop piece. That's 40% of your overall crop, so statistically less than half of your horses should have a gallop equipment piece

Found one of Regina's articles on equipment:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... leID=16854
Last edited by Jo Ferris 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Jo Ferris wrote: 2 years ago
Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago

You get the Trainer or Vet piece hint when you pay for the 1st piece of equipment via the equipment check. So you pay for piece #1 and are told (if the horse needs 2 pieces) if piece #2 is training or a vet piece
Thank you, Jo! That explains it. Thank you :)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Maybe this will simplify it enough for you to understand, Andrew.

I wish that horses with gallop hints be eliminated from the gallop hint process, because I find it irritating to have a horse getting five or more hints telling me that he needs lasix.

I would rather have the chance of those other 4 hints go out to horses that don't have a hint.

I'm poor in real life. I just can't go out and buy GPs that often. In spite of that I still have managed to sink about $150 a year into this game for 15 years....so I do try to support this game as much as I'm able.

I use the exchange when I can, but it's expensive and I also need Sim money to keep my stable in the good.
I have though, spent millions in the exchange to get GPs....and I don't want to use them to buy hints for my goobers...those horses that run for peanuts, but still make a nice yearly profit as a group.

I try to buy equipment only for my freaks, and stakes, and some of my allowance types.

As of the moment, I have 88 Turf Router 2 year olds.
Of those 88 two year olds, there are still about 46 that haven't got a gallop hint.
But...I've had so, so many of those with hints...that just keep getting peg time and time again with a hint that's no longer needed.

I've been galloping them since they were yearlings, and still have about 46 without a gallop hint?

Also it's not that often that a horse ends up with no equipment, and I'm also not saying that every single horse should get a hint, but I think the odds of getting them should be a LITTLE BIT better than what it's been without having to increase the chances by a larger percent.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago As of the moment, I have 88 Turf Router 2 year olds.
Of those 88 two year olds, there are still about 46 that haven't got a gallop hint.
But...I've had so, so many of those with hints...that just keep getting peg time and time again with a hint that's no longer needed.
Sounds like all of the horses that need a gallop piece have it, that's more than half your crop, willing to wager the 46 left don't need a gallop piece, instead either need no equipment (least likely, but a few might), 1 piece or 2 pieces where the 2nd piece is a vet piece
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I use custom barns to sort my equipped and not equipped horses. If you don’t have custom barns, use a horse type. Aka set all of your yearlings to their own type plus Steeplechaser. When they gallop and get a piece, remove them from the steeplechase type. Then you can sort your barn by steeplechasers and only gallop that group.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Figuring out equipment makes the game challenging. Many of us do it with hundreds or thousands without ever paying. Totally fair to vent frustrations, I feel you when it comes to those stubborn ones. No need to cry poor mouth like you have to pay to play this game, you just gotta know how to work it. Then everyone hollers for easier options, give me a button, give me better chances; but where’s the fun in that? You find the equipment and race the horses, people still complain about losing all them races too.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Just point me in the direction where Bob is and I'm good