Big Time Mistake

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Big Time Mistake

Post by Garret Folsom »

I made a big mistake for the 2nd time in my SIM career. I went to gallop my 2YO TB routers yesterday to get them prepared for their upcoming debuts, unfortunately, I clicked the wrong button and didn't pay attention to the "warning" message and ended up equipment checking 245 horses, costing myself 122,500 game points that were acquired for renewing Portlandia Park. Luckily, I had enough money to use the exchange to get those game points back. Unfortunately, it cost my $2.75 million to do so. I did this a few years back on a smaller scale.

This is a friendly reminder to you all, don't rush through things when you're doing anything with a large number of horses. Make sure you're clicking the right buttons and reading the messages...
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Big Time Mistake

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Is this a custom barn thing? I haven't seen this option

Sorry to hear this
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 2 years ago Is this a custom barn thing? I haven't seen this option

Sorry to hear this
No, if you group work a bunch of horses and click check equipment, you can mass check equipment as well.

Also, ouch :( That sounds painful, Garret :(
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Yes, unfortunate thing to happen, but luckily I could cover the mistake. I’ll earn the money back, just will breed fewer foals this year. My lease auction may have some better mares for everyone though!!!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Normally I might say “bet you won’t do that again”…
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Ow! Did you at least take some pics of the results screen so you can apply all the equipment eventually without having to check each history one by one?
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Normally I might say “bet you won’t do that again”…
Yeah, I figured that I wouldn't do it again the first time. Unfortunately, it was an unusually busy day and I tried to fit in the gallop quickly and it cost me.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I did not take a picture, but I always check the history page for equipment notes before sending a horse off for it's first race.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Silver lining: when all those claimers eventually improve to freak they’ll be fully equipped already.
;p
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Thank god for that, Andrew. There are a lot of claimers in there!!!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

OUCH!

My midweek gallops I schedule in advance when I do the weekend gallop (part of my Sunday morning chill time).
I'm just here for the fun of it
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Oh, man. That hurts.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I hate it when that happens!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I want to say thank you to whoever sent the $600K donation!!! I really appreciate it!

The good news is that I'll be fine and my stable will survive. I can get back to the bank balance that I had, I just need to either breed fewer foals (which I should probably do anyway) or use my own studs more often (in some cases, I probably should do that anyway!)