Am I Crazy.....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Am I Crazy.....

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Not sweating it lol. I could afford it and being I have taken the leap into the durn world of DR TBs I thought what the heck. Of the 3 he had for sale he had the fastest workout with no equipment set so I jumped in. With the breeding it has I am just hoping to make my fake sim dollars back and maybe just maybe he becomes a future stud that could help me become competitive in the world of DRers.

PS he has his correct equipment and when he is fully fit we will find out how fast he actually is.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Since we are somewhat on topic about workout times and stakes horses cam someone tell me if this is normal or a glitch?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1495972

This is a stakes horse, fully fit with correct equipment and yet her workout times are real bad

Help please!?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

I am not an expert by any means on w/o times converting to racing. But the best horse I have ever had a QH by the name of Jeaux never had a work in the top 50 and went on to become the first QH at any distance to run a 100 sf. He is also the ONLY QH to ever win the "Star of Stars" 3 times and he did it 3 years in a row. So in my way of thinking some horses just work slow but on race day turn it up a notch.

I also own the fastest working Appy sprinter at 350 yards who is a freak that is very hit and miss "Whiskey Patient".
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Craig.
I'm no expert on Dirt Routers...but I've had plenty of turf route stake horses, who's workout times were not all that outstanding, but they still managed to outrun some nice freaks.

Mal was one such, he never became a freak.
His fastest 5f work, never dipped into the 57 second side of the line -- with 0:58:07 being his fastest work.
And early on as a yearling and a 2 year old, his 5 furlong works were around 0:59:40 and even slower than that, which is super slow for a turf router. Still, Mal won $5,761,000 in purses.

So workouts sometimes don't tell you how well the horses will do on the track.

Your horse also has a nice pedigree, with the wonderful racing and broodmare Owl Let You Know, as well as the great sire, Dave Matthews Band, so hopefully those two will be a strong influence. But it is really difficult to get a high quality stallion, even if they do well on the track and have quality lineage.

I think sometimes that risk taking is a good thing....you sometimes end up with something super special. Chances are, it might not happen, but hopefully at the very least, your horse will earn back his purchase price, plus a lot more and at best that happens, and he retires and ends up being a respectable stallion for you.

Best Wishes with him.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Ok something to look forward to then, thanks Craig!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: