I'm losing track!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

I'm losing track!

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Everyone's changing their name and I'm losing track of who y'all were! Except for Mr. Lord Derby...that's an easy one.

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: I'm losing track!

Post by Nena Olson »

Glad I am not the only one who is confused. I know who Pete and Danny are though.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I've just been sitting here, hating that I picked mine soooo randomly, going...wait we can change our names?

Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I don't even understand why it's allowed. Maybe there is a disclaimer that should be attached. Something like Mr. Lord whatever he's called, "the player formally known as Pietro Vella". Oh and "formally also known as Pete Vella". They obviously have to have it done by the Steward. Doesn't she have better things to do? I looked all over the site and I don't see a way to change it ourselves. Maybe we should have a special button so we can all get in on the stupidity and we can all change our names. Every day if you want. Wouldn't that be fun.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Brad Fabman wrote: 1 year ago Doesn't she have better things to do?
Yes she does, and it's irritating because it's a pain to change it in the database and in the forum and it doesn't affect past records so all your horses still say the old name in their histories, but there's no rule against it and apparently people are having fun with it? So okay. Usually people change their names because their real life work busted them on the SIM, ha.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Yes she does, and it's irritating because it's a pain to change it in the database and in the forum and it doesn't affect past records so all your horses still say the old name in their histories, but there's no rule against it and apparently people are having fun with it? So okay. Usually people change their names because their real life work busted them on the SIM, ha.
Thanks for the explanation Mrs. Lady Steward!
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I mean ok, I understand what the steward is saying that she doesn't have time, valid point, but I don't understand why it is such a big deal?
Why does it matter what my name says? You can easily see on my profile who it is.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

It's just that in a game like this you get to know who players are after awhile. You know who you are playing against with just a quick look. You get to know the best players in the game, which obviously you are. Even the mediocre ones, the category I fall into unfortunately. Hey look, I hate the name I chose. I would never think to change it though. If you choose a name, pick wisely because it should follow you around forever. How I figured it out is that I have you on my buddy list because we did some business awhile back. I guess at the end of the day, it's whatever. Carry on. LOL
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Honestly it was just a fun little thing a few of us friends were doing, new name new silks. Wasn’t meant to cause any harm.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

For the record, I used to be Lily Wilkins. I've actually been meaning to change my name because using my real name began to make me uncomfortable. Seeing other's funny names simply inspired me to finally make the change.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I still have the letter in my Hotmail from 15 years ago, when I wrote to Em and asked her if people here had to use real names or could go by usernames...because when I looked, it seemed like everyone was using their real name.
I joined once she confirmed I could use a user name. : )

-------------------------
My e-mail to Em, 12-28-2006 (some info redacted)

To: Emily Hufford

I was thinking about joining your horse racing sim-game...but I'm pretty
private when it comes to my real name being put on game sites.

If I register will my real name show up in any way that others there would be
able to see it? It appeared that way to me when I looked at the owners
lists...that people were using their real names and not 'user-names/made up
names' Perhaps they are not as paranoid as I am about that? lol.

I have a user name I use quite often in forums and games...and that would be
the only one I would want to have anyone see.

Thanks,

---signed my real name---

"StormyPeak"...if I end up joining ;)

---------------------------------------
I actually wanted my name to be one word...StormyPeak rather than Stormy Peak, but that was a very minor thing.

-----------Em's reply............

People do often use their real names, but most of the time they make up a
human name. The rules state you must have a first and last name... You can
be Joe Bob, Fred Smith, Laura Turner, whatever you like.
Whatever suits your fancy! Stormy Peak will even work...
We have a Seattle Stew!

Otherwise, your real name never shows up anywhere, it's all about your
choice. If you ever purchase any game points through PayPal, however, you
must show your real name to me there.

Hope you sign up, you'll love it!

Emily Hufford

--------------------------------

She wasn't wrong about the 'You'll love it' part. : )
I joined the same day I got her reply.

------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Well now...I didn't mean to whack a wasp nest with a stick and all...the names are clever and I got the sense that there was a theme going on with some folks. I reckon I'm just getting older and running out of cells in my brain to store things like having to remember silks and player names...and my own kids' names and what day it is...etc. Y'all go on and have fun with it...no harm, no foul.

Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I think the real question is can Pete's silks get the Million Dollar Championship belt added to them?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Garret Folsom wrote: 1 year ago I think the real question is can Pete's silks get the Million Dollar Championship belt added to them?
Nena did such a good job on my new silks. They are spot on. Didn’t think about the belt though, but honestly I think I like the exactly the way they are.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 1 year ago
The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for the explanation Mrs. Lady Steward!
:shock: :o WOW I LIKE HOW IT LOOKS Mrs. Lady Steward VOTE FOR CHANGE PLEASE :P