Auction Idea

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Auction Idea

Post by Danny Derby »

An idea I had, wondering if anyone else agrees or disagrees.

What if only one auction is allowed to close at a time? So if you select July 1st at 5PM PT as the end time for your auction, no other auction can end at that time. One could end 30 mins earlier or 30 mins later, but not right on top of yours. Think this would be useful to make sure that the people holding the auctions can have full attention on their sale at the time of closing, and let people bidding not have to frantically jump between two different sales closing at the same time.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Auction Idea

Post by Carole Hanson »

I think that’s a good idea
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Here Here!! I'm on board with that!

Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I also think this is an excellent idea
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Agree!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

I don't think it is a good idea.
There will be a race for the pre and post results time slot that are most popular giving an unfair advantage to someone who always ends auctions pre/post results time when a lot of folks tend to be on line.
Simultaneous auction end times create fairness in a way. You really want a horse, you'll have to be on your toes in that auction to get it so to speak.
More work for the Admin.

I can't remember the last time I requested Two Small Things or asked the ADMIN for changes, but if I were to request something related to this request, I'd ask that the auction end time be random. Worldwide awareness and fairness for auction end times! jX
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I personally hate auctions that end around results time because I’m asleep then. There’s always someone that is affected negatively by some of those timings because it doesn’t suit their time zone, but we just deal with it. At least with Danny’s proposal, everyone gets a fair look at their auction rather than say for example if an intermediate player had to compete with a Danny Derby or Laura Ferguson auction.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

If auction end times were selected at random, then more European, Pacific Islanders, Antarcticans (ha!) may well benefit by a more appealing auction end time.
A second benefit in my opinion would be that bidders who really want to be successful in their bid would place a bigger initial bet or set a huge top bet in order to be more successful in obtaining their horse(s). jX