TB Gallop Thresholds Adjusted?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: TB Gallop Thresholds Adjusted?

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Yea, oh and heart comment obviously is meaningful
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago The owner of game says u can use workout times to get an idea of your horse. Not sure how you can't do that?
Sure you can do that , but you are missing the fact that horses that need no eq are going to work significantly faster than those who need 2 even though they might actually be equal and totally equipping all your horses is prohibitive , even all my allowance and stakes would be, so the workouts become relatively useless and I’ve not heard a single response to this issue that changes that fact .. when I do , I’ll be happy to not keep bringing it up
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago The owner of game says u can use workout times to get an idea of your horse. Not sure how you can't do that?

The main one so far that I see that has real meaning is the shed comment, if it's paired with a good horse
So far I've only seen the shed comment on claimers and solids.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago
Sure you can do that , but you are missing the fact that horses that need no eq are going to work significantly faster than those who need 2 even though they might actually be equal and totally equipping all your horses is prohibitive , even all my allowance and stakes would be, so the workouts become relatively useless and I’ve not heard a single response to this issue that changes that fact .. when I do , I’ll be happy to not keep bringing it up
Steward said workoyt times are being reworked, I'm sure whatever that work involves will make it so nothing is confusing, no?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I heard they were going to be more consistent, nothing about the eq effect in fact the first comment was work the horse without eq and expect slower time but that does not resolve a horse with no eq and multiple eq , has anyone heard anything that the workout times will not be affected by eq?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Nope, but I think the wording was more accurate. But I forget lol
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

If I recall correctly, Em commented about the workouts when it was supposed that we weren't going to see the usual gallop comments such as stakes and productive. That way, come week 5 and we finally could work the yearlings, the time might give us an inkling as to the gallop level and then we could decide whether to spend GPs to find out the equipment from there.

Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago
The most expensive way to correctly equip a horse is GP, which costs at most $1.50 or $1 if you buy on GP+1/2 day. We can gallop, or get GP on the exchange, or work the horses and ultimately pay in SIM$ if none of the above work. We have a lot of options, which is pretty generous of Em. She has to pay for the costs of this game in cash, so she needs some money coming in, yet she still gives us choices so that the game stays accessible.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Oh ok so it’s for inklings , I have 172 yearlings which if there is no gallop is 172 dollars before companions simperior , etc .. it’s really not a difficult question if the workouts are going to be eq dependent that’s all I need to know and like I said that makes them of limited value. Which was the contention to begin with. Now I have a stakes horse that’s “ timid” so there goes one of the very few stakes I got lol , not a complaint but I just will know how to better place the horse
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Steward will have to answer that and if not we will find out by week 7-8 with a little playing around we will know
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Dave Trainer wrote: 1 year ago So far I've only seen the shed comment on claimers and solids.
I haven't seen a shed comment on anything higher than productive, but they're mostly on solids for me.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 1 year ago So far I've only seen the shed comment on claimers and solids.
I haven't seen a shed comment on anything higher than productive, but they're mostly on solids for me.
I have at least one shed comment on an Allowance level.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

In the other thread Gavin Guile has a freak LB!! DS
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago Nothing to Regret' is pretty timid. I'm not sure she has a truly winning spirit. We'll see. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.
This makes me wonder of a horse improves from late bloomer to peak, is it possible for them to overcome being timid and become brave?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I haven’t read the whole thread yet
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

I feel like a good horse that's timid will be not nearly as good as the workouts and gallop say, and say it's a freak while it may win a big race here and there because of the sheer ability it won't be contestant at all