TB Gallop Thresholds Adjusted?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: TB Gallop Thresholds Adjusted?

Post by Laura Ferguson »

My plan is to work all my yearlings at a correct workout distance, without equipment (checking the no equipment box), weeks 5-6. Since I actually have the gallop comments, that'll help me see what the range of unequipped workout times are and how they do/do not correlate with those gallop comments. Then weeks 7-8, I'm going to stop working my lesser yearlings, add equipment for the better galloping yearlings, and see how much their workout times drop compared to the no equipment works.

Honestly, this error is a golden opportunity to try this, so that in case the intent is that there will not be gallop comments for Y63 yearlings (ie, this "error" will be fixed), there is a chance to get a baseline to work off of. Doing this will also show whether workouts could be in a position to take over as a source of information, or whether there are problems that need to be better addressed before going that direction (sprinter Arabians, whose workout times are historically useless at predicting ability, I'm looking at _you_).

I'd encourage other players to do the same thing for a workout or two before switching over to whatever they normally do for workouts.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago
David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago Nothing to Regret' is pretty timid. I'm not sure she has a truly winning spirit. We'll see. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.
This makes me wonder of a horse improves from late bloomer to peak, is it possible for them to overcome being timid and become brave?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I haven’t read the whole thread yet
:P Hello, no problem I think the comments have even more to give, it is a mixed combination that takes you to one more point there is every time they can be executed, well it is what I think

I have several incredible comments, well I believe in several horses and most are productive, the alLowwance have less pleasant comments

Well I am confused now this is the new comment of this Colosal horse

Yesterday (Y62-Pressaeason Trainer: Courageous, Brave, Bold, and read to Fight ... i'm Really printed with colosal's heart!

Today (Presaeson Trainer: 'colossal' is your run of the mill racerse that can probability handle a normal schedule. This Horse looks to be a late bloomer. You Should Bring Bring Him Along Carefully.)

Now it is true that I don't understand anything hahahaha :cry:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago
David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago Nothing to Regret' is pretty timid. I'm not sure she has a truly winning spirit. We'll see. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.
This makes me wonder of a horse improves from late bloomer to peak, is it possible for them to overcome being timid and become brave?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I haven’t read the whole thread yet
:P Hello, no problem I think the comments have even more to give, it is a mixed combination that takes you to one more point there is every time they can be executed, well it is what I think

I have several incredible comments, well I believe in several horses and most are productive, the alLowwance have less pleasant comments

Well I am confused now this is the new comment of this Colosal horse

Yesterday (Y62-Pressaeason Trainer: Courageous, Brave, Bold, and read to Fight ... i'm Really printed with colosal's heart!

Today (Presaeson Trainer: 'colossal' is your run of the mill racerse that can probability handle a normal schedule. This Horse looks to be a late bloomer. You Should Bring Bring Him Along Carefully.)

Now it is true that I don't understand anything hahahaha :cry:
Now other comments from the heart came out, now I understand the heart has nothing to do with Galope's, I have a common horse, but with a heart of Leon Hahaha that is strong is like saying I am poor, more with a wealthy heart
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago I feel like a good horse that's timid will be not nearly as good as the workouts and gallop say, and say it's a freak while it may win a big race here and there because of the sheer ability it won't be contestant at all
The last real horse I can recall that I felt like this was the case was Twirling Candy, he raced in Cali mostly. I felt like this horse could have been special if it just wanted to race
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 1 year ago So far I've only seen the shed comment on claimers and solids.
I haven't seen a shed comment on anything higher than productive, but they're mostly on solids for me.
I have at least one shed comment on an Allowance level.
I have a stakes with that comment.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 1 year ago My plan is to work all my yearlings at a correct workout distance, without equipment (checking the no equipment box), weeks 5-6. Since I actually have the gallop comments, that'll help me see what the range of unequipped workout times are and how they do/do not correlate with those gallop comments. Then weeks 7-8, I'm going to stop working my lesser yearlings, add equipment for the better galloping yearlings, and see how much their workout times drop compared to the no equipment works.

Honestly, this error is a golden opportunity to try this, so that in case the intent is that there will not be gallop comments for Y63 yearlings (ie, this "error" will be fixed), there is a chance to get a baseline to work off of. Doing this will also show whether workouts could be in a position to take over as a source of information, or whether there are problems that need to be better addressed before going that direction (sprinter Arabians, whose workout times are historically useless at predicting ability, I'm looking at _you_).

I'd encourage other players to do the same thing for a workout or two before switching over to whatever they normally do for workouts.
This is a fantastic idea
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Do you think that the don't insure colts are worth gelding right away? Or do you think its only based off of the current comment aka gallops.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago Do you think that the don't insure colts are worth gelding right away? Or do you think its only based off of the current comment aka gallops.
I'm not taking any immediate action on what has just rolled out, besides insuring a few yearlings that I was waffling on insuring last year that received the insure comment. I am watching those comments, and may eventually go that route - aka, geld colts with that comment - but I don't want to do anything irrevocable now until I better understand what they truly mean, and how accurate/reliable they are.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Laura Smith wrote: 1 year ago
Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago

I haven't seen a shed comment on anything higher than productive, but they're mostly on solids for me.
I have at least one shed comment on an Allowance level.
I have a stakes with that comment.
So that particular comment bears no relation to ability.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 1 year ago My plan is to work all my yearlings at a correct workout distance, without equipment (checking the no equipment box), weeks 5-6. Since I actually have the gallop comments, that'll help me see what the range of unequipped workout times are and how they do/do not correlate with those gallop comments. Then weeks 7-8, I'm going to stop working my lesser yearlings, add equipment for the better galloping yearlings, and see how much their workout times drop compared to the no equipment works.

Worth a try. Thanks for sharing Laura :)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The Breeding Shed and the Insurance comment are not correlated either

(She is a claimer)
Y62-Preseason Trainer: I'm really hoping to see '61 Tame Your Love' in the breeding shed one day! This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.

Y62-Preseason Trainer: I wouldn't bother insuring '61 Tame Your Love' right now, unless you're attached to the pediree. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Ok so they do better on consistency as far as the other breeds . So I assume workouts remain tied to eq.. I have no gallop comment to rely on and want to get an idea of this horse can run, the comment says to insure which is a positive indicator but nothing more .. I set my 3 furlong at 35 seconds , one horse does 34.90 another does 35.22.. the 35.22 horse is a 2 piece eq who’s one piece will not give out in a gallop .. I won’t bother to eq, too slow .. the 34.90 horse eq check says no eq needed , the 2 eq horse I never bother to eq would have run 34.80 fully equipped, I lose.. so as things stand horses that need less equipment will have an advantage which should be meaningless but not in this game
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

If nothing is said or changed you have to play more with what is a good time for 2 piece and what is good for 1, and when u have atleast one piece figured then u will know

So really u wont know until a few week past week 5 unless u ask for one piece to be reviled
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1580576

This colt is a "Don't Insure" but wants to be "Breeding Shed" and is a productive Late Bloomer. Sir you have a lot of work to do if you want to be in the breeding shed
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1580576

This colt is a "Don't Insure" but wants to be "Breeding Shed" and is a productive Late Bloomer. Sir you have a lot of work to do if you want to be in the breeding shed
Maybe it means his hormones are raging and he wants to be in the shed BUT on the track he is just going to follow behind the fillies and never try to win. Fillies will drive a colt crazy
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K