TB Gallop Thresholds Adjusted?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: TB Gallop Thresholds Adjusted?

Post by Nena Olson »

"have a longer career if you want. This horse looks to be a late bloomer." seems like whenever I get the longer career comment, its on a late bloomer.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago "have a longer career if you want. This horse looks to be a late bloomer." seems like whenever I get the longer career comment, its on a late bloomer.
I think "durability" may be a trait? At least I had a big enough number of Karazhan yearlings getting the "can have a longer career", on both "late bloomers" and "peak" offspring, for me to start thinking about it.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 1 year ago
Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago "have a longer career if you want. This horse looks to be a late bloomer." seems like whenever I get the longer career comment, its on a late bloomer.
I think "durability" may be a trait? At least I had a big enough number of Karazhan yearlings getting the "can have a longer career", on both "late bloomers" and "peak" offspring, for me to start thinking about it.
I think this goes to how long a horse can maintain its peak level of ability, which may be saying the same thing as you. I'm not sure it exactly correlates to late bloomer, although it wouldn't surprise me if there's some overlap. But some horses maintain top form for one to two seasons, while others can do so for three or four. I think this info plays into when you are trying to decide whether to retire a horse, or push for one more season on the track.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

I was just going over the Stud book, with certain divisions the gallop abilities appear to be balancing out. This is a good thing. It’s nice to know how competitive your freaks really are. ESPECIALLY for the new sires. :D
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 1 year ago I think this goes to how long a horse can maintain its peak level of ability, which may be saying the same thing as you. I'm not sure it exactly correlates to late bloomer, although it wouldn't surprise me if there's some overlap. But some horses maintain top form for one to two seasons, while others can do so for three or four. I think this info plays into when you are trying to decide whether to retire a horse, or push for one more season on the track.
I would think it has very little or nothing to do with at which age the horse matures, but rather - as you're clarifying - for how long the horse may be racing without dropping in quality.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago I would love a little clarification on the thresholds for these. For instance, I just went to put an Allowance LB colt on the sales page, and he had the "I would insure this one" comment. is that a comment that has a threshold of an Allowance level gallop? (in which case I'll generally ignore it because I only insure Stakes/Freaks) or is it giving insight into his future value as a stud? Does the "hope to see this horse in the shed" comment on a filly mean she'll ultimately be Formidable or up?

If this change stays permanent and the actual talent level showing goes away next year (as stated, that showing is a mistake) it would be nice to have a better idea of the actual meaning behind each comment.
I'm wondering if "I would insure" might mean they're due for a large jump in ability, possibly first/second start? I *think* I only got those comments for alw+.

Curious to gallop a few again tomorrow and see if they all have the same comments or if they're going to reveal more than one thing about each horse eventually.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Not sure if others have noticed this as well, but while I haven't checked individual horses just looking at the numbers it seems only my freaks and stakes 2yos were downgraded. As I have the same number of productive, solid and claimer gallopers as I did before. So while our stakes and freaks may actually be comeptitive in stakes races now I'm guessing I'm still going to have a whole lot of allowance gallopers running in claimers.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Calia Mendez
Miler

Post by Calia Mendez »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Not sure if others have noticed this as well, but while I haven't checked individual horses just looking at the numbers it seems only my freaks and stakes 2yos were downgraded. As I have the same number of productive, solid and claimer gallopers as I did before. So while our stakes and freaks may actually be comeptitive in stakes races now I'm guessing I'm still going to have a whole lot of allowance gallopers running in claimers.
I had the same observation with Arabians; the only horses that went down were stakes gallopers (I had no 2 year old freaks to regallop). Everything else was exactly the same.

It's a bit of a shame for Arabian sprinters, where I'd found the Stakes comments to actually be very reliable- 5/9 of my Stakes galloping racers are stakes winners, and the rest have consistently placed in stakes/come close to winning- but Arabian routers have badly needed an adjustment for a while. It makes me all the more excited for the yearling Stakes LB and the many Allowance LB sprinters, I suppose.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Not sure if others have noticed this as well, but while I haven't checked individual horses just looking at the numbers it seems only my freaks and stakes 2yos were downgraded.
I had an allowance yearling downgrade to a productive 2yo.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Laura Smith wrote: 1 year ago
Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago I would love a little clarification on the thresholds for these. For instance, I just went to put an Allowance LB colt on the sales page, and he had the "I would insure this one" comment. is that a comment that has a threshold of an Allowance level gallop? (in which case I'll generally ignore it because I only insure Stakes/Freaks) or is it giving insight into his future value as a stud? Does the "hope to see this horse in the shed" comment on a filly mean she'll ultimately be Formidable or up?

If this change stays permanent and the actual talent level showing goes away next year (as stated, that showing is a mistake) it would be nice to have a better idea of the actual meaning behind each comment.
I'm wondering if "I would insure" might mean they're due for a large jump in ability, possibly first/second start? I *think* I only got those comments for alw+.

Curious to gallop a few again tomorrow and see if they all have the same comments or if they're going to reveal more than one thing about each horse eventually.
I have a stakes progressive with that comment. I’m fairly certain it’s to do with breeding ability, though to be fair if you don’t insure them and they get injured, they become a stallion or mare so maybe not?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
I have a stakes progressive with that comment. I’m fairly certain it’s to do with breeding ability, though to be fair if you don’t insure them and they get injured, they become a stallion or mare so maybe not?
A colt has to win at least 1 race to stand, according to the rules. You're correct that with fillies, if they get injured, you can still breed them, but if they get injured too young, you'll have to wait a year or two, because they have to be at least two years old to breed.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

My interpretation of the new comments are there a few different types of comments you might get

Heart
Running Style
Soundness
Insure or not
Breeding potential
Durability

The latter two at least based on what I've seen thus far only seem to have one type of comment (durable hose, good in shed) whereas the others seem to have different comments for different horses. I'm guessing it will rotate randomly as you gallop horses into which type you get. To me the insure or not seemed to be anything allowance and above might get "insure" whereas anything below might get "don't bother insuring" I saw it more as a well if you don't have a gallop comment to know who your best horses are to insure this is an alternative. I hadn't thought it had anything to do with breeding ability/improvement potential, though admittedly I've yet to get it in one of my peak horses.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Here's some hope for everyone with stakes gallopers. I talent checked Mandalorian, who was a freak.

Mary Weather Says:
"'Mandalorian' is a stakes quality horse. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!"

He ran 2nd in the SC Juvenile and is probably one of the Derby favorites, so either he's just totally finished now, or stakes gallopers can actually perform in stakes races with the change.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago Here's some hope for everyone with stakes gallopers. I talent checked Mandalorian, who was a freak.

Mary Weather Says:
"'Mandalorian' is a stakes quality horse. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!"

He ran 2nd in the SC Juvenile and is probably one of the Derby favorites, so either he's just totally finished now, or stakes gallopers can actually perform in stakes races with the change.
I'm liking that news!!

Also if that is the case those top allowance LB horses may be a surprise too
Last edited by Anthony Zappulla 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago Here's some hope for everyone with stakes gallopers. I talent checked Mandalorian, who was a freak.

Mary Weather Says:

Apparate spoke to him for you, told me that Mandalorian told him that Mandalorian was done, wanted to retire young so he could enjoy his family, and that you should just retire him now.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚