Festivus Disappointment

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Festivus Disappointment

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 1 year ago I have to say... I'm not that dissapointed. I was at first, until I realized that the Steward had modified the numbers down. Of course, it' not funny to get 12 Chase Freaks, when I had 103 2 y old Chase Freaks last year. But it was a very needed thing to do! And I personally love the change and the new comments! But of course, I didn't get ANY flatracing freaks at all this year. And I´ve spent millons on breeding, and I personally thinks I'm breeding better and better horses. (at least A- in TBs, and mostly A+ in mixers) But well, I have to use what I have, and it usually goes pretty well...

*have to continue racing "clever" and use unfilled races and so on...;) *
What a relief to hear that chaser thresholds got adjusted. Finally jumped the 22 chasers I bred two years ago and the best ones were chase allowance :lol: I thought with everyone talking about how stakes are for claimers and nothing below stakes is even worth running, I thought I had locked in the Worst Chase Breeder of the Year award.

It's funny really, every year it seems almost everyone has the Worst Gallops Ever, and two years later they've somehow found stakes winners and champions in their Worst Crop anyway. For all my garbage crops, and nice blue hens throwing solids/productives, I've still squeezed several G1 winners out of my stable. If everyone is having bad crops all the time, we're all on the same level at the end of the day when it's time to race!
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago
Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 1 year ago I have to say... I'm not that dissapointed. I was at first, until I realized that the Steward had modified the numbers down. Of course, it' not funny to get 12 Chase Freaks, when I had 103 2 y old Chase Freaks last year. But it was a very needed thing to do! And I personally love the change and the new comments! But of course, I didn't get ANY flatracing freaks at all this year. And I´ve spent millons on breeding, and I personally thinks I'm breeding better and better horses. (at least A- in TBs, and mostly A+ in mixers) But well, I have to use what I have, and it usually goes pretty well...

What a relief to hear that chaser thresholds got adjusted. Finally jumped the 22 chasers I bred two years ago and the best ones were chase allowance :lol: I thought with everyone talking about how stakes are for claimers and nothing below stakes is even worth running, I thought I had locked in the Worst Chase Breeder of the Year award.

It's funny really, every year it seems almost everyone has the Worst Gallops Ever, and two years later they've somehow found stakes winners and champions in their Worst Crop anyway. For all my garbage crops, and nice blue hens throwing solids/productives, I've still squeezed several G1 winners out of my stable. If everyone is having bad crops all the time, we're all on the same level at the end of the day when it's time to race!
I had chase freaks (3 y olds) that became chase allowance, so, don't be to dissapointed! ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Steward "I'm going to get rid of gallop comments on yearlings because you all take them way to serious and freak out when you don't like them"

Players "No you're ruining our lives"

Gallops accidentally still show on some pages

Players "OMG my gallops are low you've ruined our lives"

See also

Players "I have all these dud freaks, gallop comments are meaningless"

Steward adjusts gallop comments to make more meaningful

Players "I don't have enough high gallop comments, you've ruined my life"

How she doesn't rage quit is beyond me.
Seriously.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Good thing is now we know what comments mean for what label if they ever disappear in future
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

git gud scrubs
;p
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Steward "I'm going to get rid of gallop comments on yearlings because you all take them way to serious and freak out when you don't like them"

Players "No you're ruining our lives"

Gallops accidentally still show on some pages

Players "OMG my gallops are low you've ruined our lives"

See also

Players "I have all these dud freaks, gallop comments are meaningless"

Steward adjusts gallop comments to make more meaningful

Players "I don't have enough high gallop comments, you've ruined my life"

How she doesn't rage quit is beyond me.
This x100000000000

<3 you Em
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ryan Whitehead wrote: 1 year ago Always good when you breed 5 freaks and 4 get downgraded as 2 yr olds.
Wouldn't you rather know that they're stakes horses than be disappointed when they turn out to be 'sad freaks'?
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I haven't galloped anything yet but Tammy's comment sums it all up...lol!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I think you may have a super crop Flizan. I went from 27 Chase Freaks last year to just 1 this year. Or I’m in for a really rough next year lol
yeah
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Could someone please explain what :
"has shown she comes from the clouds and needs a pace to run at" means.

Not being 100% ( if any !) up in horsey speak, I'm guessing she's not a front runner. If that's the case how do I control that anyhow ?

ta muchly....
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Jimmy Jewell wrote: 1 year ago Could someone please explain what :

Not being 100% ( if any !) up in horsey speak, I'm guessing she's not a front runner. If that's the case how do I control that anyhow ?

ta muchly....
Check the other entries in races that you want to enter her in. If a lot of the other entries have led all the way in their wins, then they're probably speed horses and multiple speed horses in a race usually means a quicker pace, giving closers something to close into.

Example: 2022 Kentucky Derby, it was unexpected but there was a speed duel up front which gave Rich Strike the opportunity to close.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Thanks Nicole,
That now makes a whole load of sense....!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 1 year ago The threshold change saved me from buying 4 headshots, so I'm happy haha
Right, if this is the end of sad freaks (or mostly the end of sad freaks) I am all for it.
Naw, I still think sad freaks exist. They are the timid ones. 😂
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

ta muchly....
Check the other entries in races that you want to enter her in. If a lot of the other entries have led all the way in their wins, then they're probably speed horses and multiple speed horses in a race usually means a quicker pace, giving closers something to close into.

Example: 2022 Kentucky Derby, it was unexpected but there was a speed duel up front which gave Rich Strike the opportunity to close.
Oh, I knew that a closer was going to win the Derby. There was too much early speed in the race. I just picked the wrong closer.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 1 year ago

ta muchly....

Oh, I knew that a closer was going to win the Derby. There was too much early speed in the race. I just picked the wrong closer.
My tri came 2nd, 3rd, 4th. :lol: