What To do With Empathion

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

What To do With Empathion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

This sounded kinda bad but it isnt I was just wondering what to do next with my Marathon winner Empathion

He is Nominated for the pegasus but I really wanna go for the Scott eiland memorial Marathon w6 so How do I set this up

I have a couple choices so i am asking you lot¨

1: Race him week 2 in the pegasus then week 4 in saudi arabia and then week 6 Scott Eiland Memorial
2: Race him week 3 in the Gladiator Stakes and then week 6 Scott Eiland memorial
3: Race him week 2 in the pegasus then week 4 in Saudi Arabia then skip The Scott Eiland Memorial and give him some rest and come back and do a race like week 7
4: he is going to be an awesome sire retire him at once
5: None of The above( if you choose this please add what schedule you think I should put him on)
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: What To do With Empathion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

He is Nominated for the pegasus but I really wanna go for the Scott eiland memorial Marathon w6
If the Marathon is your goal, I only see two different pathways among the ones you suggested.
Which path you'd choose is personal, and depends on at least two different things:

1) Is your horse able of being competetive at top level over "sprint" (+how much do you want to race in the Pegasus and Saudi Cup)?
2) If the Marathon is your goal, which of the two different paths would prepare your horse best for that race?
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

If it were me and my ultimate week 6 goal were the Marathon, then I would not want to drop my horse back from 2 miles to the router equivalent of sprints for a couple races and then back up to 2 miles. In my experience, most horses (there are always exceptions, and I'm sure I've owned a few) do not respond well to having their race distances drastically changed week after week. Having just come off a huge effort in the SC (after racing weeks 12 and 14), if he were mine, I'd also want to get him a little fresher before Dubai. Just my two cents.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Okay the fact is he has only ran 2 miles once and won
but the fact is I still dont really know if he would like that more than shorter distances like the classic distance
the reason I want to run the SE memorial is more because I would love to win that race and my horse did win at 2 mile more than me knowing that would be where he is best suited

As I see it and this is just guessing
1 I think he should be decent at the classic distance 1 1/4 and up to 2 miles
he did finsish 6th and 7th in strong fields in The Derby and long Island after all

2 There was a reason I skipped the week 7 one the name eludes me lol
because I just felt that was too short
ofcourse I would love to win the pegasus but I kinda feel as that is not that much longer than that week 7 race is it baltimore?
which could make it hard
but I dont know if that was correct either the horse is in fact unbeaten at 1 1\8

I do think what has been said is correct though if I want to prep for the memorial its probably more important that it is at or close to the marathon than it being a g1