A couple of questions for The Steward

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: A couple of questions for The Steward

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 1 year ago

I have a filly like this too. She is a claimer gallop, has the don't insure but breeding shed comment. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1598076

Y62-Preseason Trainer: I wouldn't bother insuring '61 Dark July Night' right now, unless you're attached to the pedigree. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.
Y62-Preseason Galloped
Y62-Preseason Trainer: I'm really hoping to see '61 Dark July Night' in the breeding shed one day! This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.

Mixed messages :lol:
I assume the insure comment looks at racing ability (with the footnote of insure if you like the pedigree) and the breeding shed comment looks at breeding ability. But that’s just a guess on my part. So not mixed messages, just two comments from different abilities
Em said the insure comment was based off of gallops, improvement and breeding potential
I get frustrated when I can't find the source - where is the Steward's post that says "based off of gallops, improvement and breeding potential"? If I've missed that post, my apologies. In any event, assuming that's correct, a bad insure/good breeding comment could match up if the insure is saying your horse sucks right now, it will continue to suck on the track, but it will be great in the breeding shed (so 2/3 bad means a bad insure comment). I can see that being the reason for the difference, again, assuming that is actually what the insure comment is based upon.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Laura I’ve replied to Em saying that in this comment here viewtopic.php?p=456580#p456580
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago Laura I’ve replied to Em saying that in this comment here viewtopic.php?p=456580#p456580
Thanks.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Personally, I'm not reading too much into the new comments. Insure an allowance horse? Not happening. Not here anyway.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Phil Hoeflich wrote: 1 year ago How can I have a yearling colt that galloped productive and got the insure and hope to see in the breeding shed comments? It’s not likely that he’s going to be that good.
People are falsely equating insure with a gallop level. Insure is more an overall thing, gallop level OR breeding shed OR possibility of jumping. It's not just "must be an allowance gallop" answer here.

But as noted earlier, if he's NOT going to jump, it doesn't matter how good he might be in the shed if he doesn't hit that $350k.
I don't know how to tag you Laura but this is it :) I guess OR is in there so I guess maybe breeding shed could s mean its not necessarily a good breeder, just better at breeding than racing? I dunno.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Phil Hoeflich wrote: 1 year ago How can I have a yearling colt that galloped productive and got the insure and hope to see in the breeding shed comments? It’s not likely that he’s going to be that good.
People are falsely equating insure with a gallop level. Insure is more an overall thing, gallop level OR breeding shed OR possibility of jumping. It's not just "must be an allowance gallop" answer here.

But as noted earlier, if he's NOT going to jump, it doesn't matter how good he might be in the shed if he doesn't hit that $350k.
I don't know how to tag you Laura but this is it :) I guess OR is in there so I guess maybe breeding shed could s mean its not necessarily a good breeder, just better at breeding than racing? I dunno.
That's why the OR is in there, because so much can be covered. I looked at the horse (The Rhys filly, right? I think that's where the thread started). So she's far from a good racehorse at this moment, but she's a late bloomer that WILL improve later. But how much will she improve? Enough that we think you should spend your hard earned cash to insure her? Naw, but you can if you want to/are attached to the pedigree. Will she better in the shed than on the track? Sure looks like it, but "better than" can be a formidable mare is better than a claimer, so you STILL might not need to spend hard earned money to insure. It's all subjective, if a formidable mare is tops in your barn by all means insure. (Note: this does not mean this will for sure be a formidable mare in this example, I'm just saying how the comment could work (better breeder than racer, and really not that good of a racer so it's not saying much)).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I just got the breeding shed comment on a claimer progressive colt. This is going to be frustrating if the gallop comments do go away next year; I just continue to wish we could keep it the way it was this year.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago I just got the breeding shed comment on a claimer progressive colt. This is going to be frustrating if the gallop comments do go away next year; I just continue to wish we could keep it the way it was this year.
Progressive means that he could improve his gallop comment in the future.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago I just got the breeding shed comment on a claimer progressive colt. This is going to be frustrating if the gallop comments do go away next year; I just continue to wish we could keep it the way it was this year.
Likely a mixture.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Loretta Lavendar
Two Year Old

Post by Loretta Lavendar »

As a new player..I am so confused..

Does anybody have a big like..info rundown sheet of what all of these new comments mean that we have learned so far? I am so confused lol
Lavender Estates
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Progressive means that he could improve his gallop comment in the future.
I know that, but it's extremely unlikely he will progress from a claimer to a horse that would be worth standing at stud.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Loretta Lavendar wrote: 1 year ago As a new player..I am so confused..

Does anybody have a big like..info rundown sheet of what all of these new comments mean that we have learned so far? I am so confused lol
Until a few sim years go by we may not really know what some mean when paired with gallop comment. But for now the big one is heart ❤️ this gives u a bouns in racing 100%
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

In fact the heart comment should be added to the auction list of things to see, cause I feel it is that important
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Now that our mares have the Stakes Producer label on their individual page is it possible to add Stakes Producer and even Multiple Stakes Producer to the Status drop box in the Breeding Barn. Thanks.
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Ryan Whitehead wrote: 1 year ago Now that our mares have the Stakes Producer label on their individual page is it possible to add Stakes Producer and even Multiple Stakes Producer to the Status drop box in the Breeding Barn. Thanks.
for 20k gp
;p