preseason training

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

preseason training

Post by Eric Gray »

I have 2 questions for the sim.

1- during this preseason week, how often do you gallop your yearlings?
2- Does multiple gallops affect how you train once week 1 begins.

I currently only gallop once and then do a couple training works every 3 days or so. Maybe I am just overly cautious.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: preseason training

Post by Diane Townsend »

I gallop them once in preseason and will also do a jog and some schooling in preseason. They then get 2 days rest and then gallop every 3 days until wk5
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

check out my workout guide i posted recently here
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Everything you do from now until day 1 counts all on the same day. You can majorly injure a horse if you are not careful
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The first time I gallop my yearlings I count as WK1 D1. 4 days rest and I jog on WK1 D5, 3 days rest to gallop on WK2 D2, so on and so forth until they are fit and ready to start workouts. I do all the other trainings (gate, paddock, swim, pony) sometime during their first year.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I normally only gallop my yearlings once in pre-season and then not again until W2. This time I galloped them twice because someone had said galloping them again could get more comments, but I'm not touching them again until W2 so I don't injure them.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

I have galloped my yearlings multiple times during the preseason and never had an issue….so I dunno, I’ve seen people gallop on back to back days and not get injured horses during preseason….I usually gallop after two days even during preseason
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’ve also see someone do everything is preseason and they injure week 1
;p
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

I have a normal training routine that I am fairly comfortable with. I guess I'm just trying to decide if a second (or third) preseason gallop to possibly get another new comment is worth the risk of injury or having to vary my training ritual. Anyway, thanks for the varying opinions.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I mucked about with a couple claimers, galloping them twice. But usually I gallop once when the year turns over and then start again Wk 2. I am in no rush, there are 16 weeks to work with on my few sprinters, which is plenty of time to do all the things. Most of mine are routers, which gives me another 10 weeks next year, so a full 6 mo.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I usually do every available exercise for two days in a row to get them fit fast, then leave them alone to recover until about week 3.
This year I changed things up though because I wanted more gallop comments, so i've galloped every yearling 3 times. This morning I went for a fourth time, but the trainer warned me that all my horses were close to getting hurt, so i'm leaving them alone for a while.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Enpea Racing
Sprinter

Post by Enpea Racing »

I typically gallop 1x in preseason and then starting W1 D1 I schedule to gallop: W1 D1, W1 D3, W1 D5, W2 D1, W2 D3, W2 D5, W3 D1 - then they are usually fit so then I just gallop W4 D1 one more time and then wait until W5 D1 and start timed workouts 1x a week (vetting says rested and they are fit and ready to go). I won't do timed works every week if I paid for full equipment but if not then I work 1x a week using each piece of equipment (or combo if i know 1 piece). Then I always gallop sometime after W9 again to see if they have improved at all - although this may be unnecessary once the gallop level is gone.
Calia Mendez
Miler

Post by Calia Mendez »

I usually gallop every day in preseason until I get the "careful not to overwork" comment (for this year and last year, it looks like that's after four gallops). After that, I leave them be until a few days into week 1, where I gallop again. It looks like my yearlings last year were galloped nine times between gallops opening and workouts opening. I also try to squeeze in every form of training at least once, and I finish training on either W3 D7 or W4 D1 with a jog to make sure they're all well-rested for workouts. I've always done the first workout with no equipment.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I used to gallop them once a week... this year I have already given them 3 but they will get a break now LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago Everything you do from now until day 1 counts all on the same day. You can majorly injure a horse if you are not careful
I wonder how it is that we have so many truths about break week... Somewhere I read it counts as half a week of rest (and that has been my truth for the last couple of years), here we have no week while some trainers gallop every day. Why don't we know more? My head hurts a little now.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500