preseason training

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: preseason training

Post by Art K Stables »

vetting should give a clue.. galloping every day can be dangerous, injured a freak in training that way.. as far as these comments, they can repeat which means before you get everything galloping has to say about the horse, it will take multiple gallops.. Ive already had the same comment on one horse in 2 gallops, nothing about heart yet, so there will be repeats before it all fills in
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Ma Springs wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago Everything you do from now until day 1 counts all on the same day. You can majorly injure a horse if you are not careful
I wonder how it is that we have so many truths about break week... Somewhere I read it counts as half a week of rest (and that has been my truth for the last couple of years), here we have no week while some trainers gallop every day. Why don't we know more? My head hurts a little now.
I swear I've read that they rest, just at a slower rate. Things seem to change so much though who knows. I've also heard that a good rule of thumb is: If you're being charged board and daily horse expenses, they are gaining rest. On break, rest is paused along with those expenses. I'm sure if The Steward sees this, she will confirm for us.

I did notice this morning that my yearlings no longer had the warning that they might get hurt from working too much, which implies that they've rested a little.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I've galloped mine 3x so far this preseason. I usually do every 2-4 days (AKA whenever I remember) for galloping until you can work them in week 5 then work 1x per week till you get through all equipment and usually gallop again at the end of the year since usually the last work is a few weeks before the end of the year depending on how good or bad I was with actually working them, I hate training yearlings so usually I'm not very good about it.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Each day counts as half a days rest which is why some say its half a week.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago
Ma Springs wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago Everything you do from now until day 1 counts all on the same day. You can majorly injure a horse if you are not careful
I wonder how it is that we have so many truths about break week... Somewhere I read it counts as half a week of rest (and that has been my truth for the last couple of years), here we have no week while some trainers gallop every day. Why don't we know more? My head hurts a little now.
I swear I've read that they rest, just at a slower rate. Things seem to change so much though who knows. I've also heard that a good rule of thumb is: If you're being charged board and daily horse expenses, they are gaining rest. On break, rest is paused along with those expenses. I'm sure if The Steward sees this, she will confirm for us.

I did notice this morning that my yearlings no longer had the warning that they might get hurt from working too much, which implies that they've rested a little.
Yea I galloped some of my older horses on the day training opened and then vet checked them and it said they needed a few days, vet checked a few days latter and they were good to go, so does seem some rest was happening.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I had always assumed that while we know they didn't rest during break that they did during pre-season, so I'm glad that the vet checks for others have implied that they do. Just checked a few of mine that I galloped a few 'real life' days ago and they all say 'one more day without exercise but should be okay tomorrow.'
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Eric Gray wrote: 1 year ago I have a normal training routine that I am fairly comfortable with. I guess I'm just trying to decide if a second (or third) preseason gallop to possibly get another new comment is worth the risk of injury or having to vary my training ritual. Anyway, thanks for the varying opinions.
Probably not. I did gallop twice because I need more patience ;). But most of the horses got a repeat of the earlier comment. Might as well wait until the season starts properly and the horses can start to rest.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

I was told by the Steward and it was my understanding that SIMHorseracing was like real horse racing, only "speeded up". But then again, she told me that the guy standing next to me in the clocker stand was John Shirreffs. IDK anything, jX
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Who?
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

He is a good horse trainer
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

In real life
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Zenyatta's trainer!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Shame her kids stunk
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

I mean one could have atleast had those dance moves
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Oh. I guess he’s a cool guy or something
;p