Who Are Your Breeding Shed Colts?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Who Are Your Breeding Shed Colts?

Post by Ma Springs »

Diane Townsend wrote: 1 year ago Just throwing it out there: I wonder if the breeding comment takes into account whether they are colts or fillies or if the comment is just if they were fillies they would be good breeders
My thoughts too. Like they have "ok star mare+ type breeding points" or some other quality like top sires in the pedigree.

I have eight breeding colts from two gallops. Claimers to Allowance. I might get back to list them.

But I also wonder if some of these Allowance-Stakes colts with this comment might get a chance in the shed in the future? What happens, decent results or still mostly Different Careers..?
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I agree with Diane. I did think yesterday, just like with the BSA comment on racehorses, or the insurance comment, this seems to be a broad spectrum comment that could cover a horse that would hypo anything from B+ to above (kind of an equivalent to the formidable mare comment).

I wonder if the counterpart to this comment is 'this horse can have a longer career if you'd like'. Sort of implying that this horse will be better off staying on track than going to the breeding shed.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I wonder if the counterpart to this comment is 'this horse can have a longer career if you'd like'. Sort of implying that this horse will be better off staying on track than going to the breeding shed.
Hah! I don't seem to have both these comments on the same horse, so it makes sense. To go from "Nice, it's going to be a good racehorse for longer" (which I initially thought) to "crappy broodmare/stallion - keep it far away from the breeding shed!" in a matter of days. :D
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

The two that I can find at the moment:

Face the Wind-Flaxen Points, Toho Jackal (stakes LB, exciting because I've wanted a nice one from that mare for awhile)
At the Summit-Igaveyoumyheart, The Black Glove (alw prog)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

I have a few fillies but this one colt

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1549578

DMB x Meru who is an allowance LB
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I don't remember all of them off the top of my head but here's a couple (there's also some fillies with the comment)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1575309 - productive late bloomer

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1548674 - productive peak, his half brother has done decent in LA-bred races but I don't see either of them being shed quality (half bro is already a gelding)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 1 year ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I wonder if the counterpart to this comment is 'this horse can have a longer career if you'd like'. Sort of implying that this horse will be better off staying on track than going to the breeding shed.
Hah! I don't seem to have both these comments on the same horse, so it makes sense. To go from "Nice, it's going to be a good racehorse for longer" (which I initially thought) to "crappy broodmare/stallion - keep it far away from the breeding shed!" in a matter of days. :D
I just went through all of my yearlings and the breeding shed and the longer career never show up together so you may be onto something. I originally assumed that the longer career meant that the horse was more valuable on the track so hmmm interesting. Im sad that some of my best-bred fillies are longer career if that is the case, especially my Oceanside one :lol:
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 1 year ago
I think this may be correct and would be good to know what this really means…
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’m not 100% sold on the race longer comment being breeding related. I had originally thought it was quite literally to do with career length. Because I had Theatre in my barn and she was a late blooming freak yearling who peaked as a freak week 9 of her 2yo year and then fell off the cliff to be a peak stakes in week 9 of her 3yo year. So she was a late bloomer with a VERY short peak. Where other horses can stay on their top for 2-3 seasons.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I agree with Diane. I did think yesterday, just like with the BSA comment on racehorses, or the insurance comment, this seems to be a broad spectrum comment that could cover a horse that would hypo anything from B+ to above (kind of an equivalent to the formidable mare comment).

I wonder if the counterpart to this comment is 'this horse can have a longer career if you'd like'. Sort of implying that this horse will be better off staying on track than going to the breeding shed.
I interpret the "longer career" comment that way. Kind of as "might as well geld the colts and just keep running these" but it could also mean that the horse will just hold its form for longer. I guess we will have to watch this and see.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I agree with Diane. I did think yesterday, just like with the BSA comment on racehorses, or the insurance comment, this seems to be a broad spectrum comment that could cover a horse that would hypo anything from B+ to above (kind of an equivalent to the formidable mare comment).

I interpret the "longer career" comment that way. Kind of as "might as well geld the colts and just keep running these" but it could also mean that the horse will just hold its form for longer. I guess we will have to watch this and see.
I've had some fillies get both the "Breeding Shed" and "Insure this horse" comments, but also say longer career. I think it's referring to their form staying good longer into their career, not lack of breeding quality.
EDIT: actually, I just looked again. I could have sworn there was one with the Breeding shed comment too, but there's only advice to insure along with long career. So maybe it does mean "keep this horse on the track, because it will win like crazy but won't produce squat" :lol:
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Diane Townsend wrote: 1 year ago Just throwing it out there: I wonder if the breeding comment takes into account whether they are colts or fillies or if the comment is just if they were fillies they would be good breeders
It takes into account if they are colts... but it doesn't take into account their probability of reaching $350k.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
It takes into account if they are colts... but it doesn't take into account their probability of reaching $350k.
my understanding is that the 350 mark just means they take a slight hit correct? So essential we can have very nice standing studs that made 100k in the lucrative claiming circuit?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I'll just say it bluntly. This comment seems completely useless in it's current format and I won't be attaching any weight to it.

If every colt with this comment were to stand as a stallion, we''ll be seeing hundreds and hundreds of new stallions hitting the shed in 4 years once this crop starts to retire. Absolutely no way most of these are actually of useful stallion potential.
Last edited by Danny Derby 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago I'll just say it bluntly. This comment seems completely useless in it's current format and I won't be attaching any weight to it.
A huge reason why I desperately want the gallops to stay, especially with the threshold adjustment, since you can make much more informed decisions with that information added to the new comments, but by themselves at least right now they are confusing at best and misleading at worst. (And I know, I know people complain about gallops every year and that's why the steward wants to get rid of them but...I'd rather have a 'sad freak' then some of these new comments which to me are less reliable than the sad freak.)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes