Who Are Your Breeding Shed Colts?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Who Are Your Breeding Shed Colts?

Post by Laura Smith »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago I'll just say it bluntly. This comment seems completely useless in it's current format and I won't be attaching any weight to it.
A huge reason why I desperately want the gallops to stay, especially with the threshold adjustment, since you can make much more informed decisions with that information added to the new comments, but by themselves at least right now they are confusing at best and misleading at worst. (And I know, I know people complain about gallops every year and that's why the steward wants to get rid of them but...I'd rather have a 'sad freak' then some of these new comments which to me are less reliable than the sad freak.)
I get it, but I think the idea is that if you gallop every few days until week 5 and then start timed workouts, you'll have a variety of info to go on that should give you a picture of your horse's potential. I've galloped mine three times so far, and even if I didn't have the "old" gallop comments to go on, I'd already have a good idea of the ones I wanted to prioritize and the ones I didn't. Not as precise, but still.

IMO if we're supposed to be using these comments alone, we need to be able to sort/filter our yearling barns by who's got what comments in the past. Maybe that's a one small thing thread item...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1575771
Very interesting one. Unpredictable mare, cheap stud, productive late bloomer.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

After two gallops I have 13 colts with the comment. I'm not taking too much since I've gotten the breeding shed comment along with the I wouldn't insure comment.

Freaky Wind - AWR by Freak Out, allowance, late bloomer
61 Lunesta - DM, by Outlaw Warrior, allowance, progressive
61 Be Gone Boys - DM, by It's Cold Cash, allowance, progressive
See the Captain - DR, by As People See Me, productive, progressive
Cause the Night - DR, by Nighteyes, productive, progressive
61 Wake Up Sunny - DM, by Eyes for Gold, productive, late bloomer
61 Never Be Sassy - TR, by Antares, solid, late bloomer
Kitasan Shine - TR, by Shine Bright, claimer, late bloomer
61 Stormy Indiana - DR, by Wyvern, claimer, late bloomer
61 Sono Proprio Qui - TR, by Magnus, claimer, progressive
61 Rocket Queen - Chaser, by Fiftyshadesbriter, claimer, late bloomer
61 Go to Sea - Chaser, claimer, progressive
61 For Diana - Chaser, by A Rose for Emily, different career, late bloomer
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Only 2 of my 25 colts got the breeding shed comment. Most of them have the longer career comment. The moment that gets proven as connected to breeding ability, they're all getting gelded.
Counter Strikes progressive productive half brother to Blinding Light
Cyclonic late bloomer stakes, a twin to an late bloomer allowance sister and a half brother to Tell Me What You See
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Gotten a few so far, a couple of which I find very strange:

61 Beyond the Veil - Solid/Progressive by Wayward Son out of a blue hen dam
61 Crossroads - Productive/Late Bloomer by Can't Take the Sky out of a Pact granddaughter
61 Parts Unknown - Stakes/Late Bloomer by Parts Unknown out of a stakes winning hen
61 Drums of Autumn - Allowance/Progressive by Acid Test out of a blue hen half sister to Castles Crumble
61 Fervent Prayer - Claimer/Progressive by Fade to Black out of a blue hen from the Olive Branch family
61 I Am the Storm - Allowance/Progressive by Castles Crumble out of a champion from the Tempest family
61 May It Be - Allowance/Late Bloomer by Castles Crumble out of a graded stakes winning hen from the Enchantedtikiroom family
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!