Versatile question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Versatile question

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

What I mostly got is the 2nd distance/surface is always less quality. If a horse were to stud, would winning on a different surface/distance help in anyway?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Versatile question

Like would it open up that 2nd distance surface to breed to, is like what I'm asking or could that be there without winning on distance surface?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

A horse being proven at a certain surface/distance helps, but if you get the "Versatile" comment and you try what you think is the correct alternative distance and they don't win, you can still set them as having that ability in the Stud Book.
A good example is Blue Bayou - He's got Dirt Route and Mile ability, but never ran at a mile. People still sent miler mares to him though, and some of his sons (Achievement comes to mind) also inherited that miler ability.

I hope that helps. I haven't had my coffee yet :lol:
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Perfect that's just what I was looking for thanks Ms. Lady