Turf sprinter people, geld or keep intact?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Turf sprinter people, geld or keep intact?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I have this freak colt that is decent but don't really know if I should leave him intact, race a few more years, and then see how he hypos, or just go ahead and geld him. Anyone familiar with TS have thoughts?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1365935
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Turf sprinter people, geld or keep intact?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I see no benefits to gelding. I can’t remember the last time I’ve clicked that button
;p
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The only time I held now is when a horse is 4+ with no chance of earning over $350k. Let your boy keep his bits!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

He'll be spared the knife. He said to thank you both!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Normally I'm a ruthless ball-chopper, but he's already past the stud threshold and the very minimal gelding boost isn't worth it at this point. Run him til he's done, and throw a few hypos his way -- you never know if he might be useful in the shed until you try.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I would only add that while you might get decent hypos, unless those have been as adjusted as the gallops, the results won't be what is expected. I have a similar stud who hypod surprisingly well despite the similar earnings and out of 96 foals, one was stakes. And that was a solid A hypo, no A- hypos and several other A hypos managed a stakes. I realize this is sitewide so at this point can't say it was an overestimation. It was more of a gallop shift which makes hypos much less valuable as well as supposedly blue hens.. they should be equally adjusted because if they aren't, I find no value in them.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

I know you already decided but I would also vote to give him a chance. I cut nearly every boy but I would keep him whole. I kept a TM stallion whole who was very "iffy" (it was a struggle to get 354k) and he's a very nice home stud now.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100