How does your leased stew bred filly gallop?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

How does your leased yearling stew bred filly gallop?

freak
No votes
stakes
86%
allowance or worse
14%

Total votes: 14

Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

How does your leased stew bred filly gallop?

Post by Tan Gent »

Just curious about how much threshold change affects gallop of stew breds.

If you leased a filly just now in stew bred lease auction(w1 d6), please vote. It shouldn't have more than 23 votes as there are 23 fillies.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Re: How does your leased stew bred filly gallop?

Post by Durzo Blint »

All 23 have galloped, 1 freak, 19 stakes and 3 allowances
Last edited by Durzo Blint 1 year ago, edited 8 times in total.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

She had that small lease auction with 4 two year olds in it a week or so ago too. I got a filly from each, both Stakes.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

WHAT??? Why are you still getting gallop comments?? The yearling I got free leased from the Stew didn't give me a gallop comment, just the new snippets (as I call them).
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Check your training barn (or racing barn if 2 years or older), the gallop will show up there
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago Of the 21 horses currently galloped, 1 freak, 17 stakes and 3 allowances
Thanks for the updated info :)
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago Of the 21 horses currently galloped, 1 freak, 17 stakes and 3 allowances
How do you know this, Durzo?
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
Durzo takes screenshots of the gallops stats of the stallions that have foals in the auction before the auction ends, and then compares that data with the new set
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

A magician never reveals his tricks, but also what Carole said
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Dude...that's dedication!

Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago

Durzo takes screenshots of the gallops stats of the stallions that have foals in the auction before the auction ends, and then compares that data with the new set
I'm just curious how you account for re-gallops of other horses, Durzo? I had a freak that dropped to stakes over this weekend (not related to any of these horses). If she were from one of these studs it would skew the stats. And then if other people _also_ re-galloped and had a change, it could make a real mess.

Or do you just assume most people don't have out-of-condition horses that need repeated gallops after the season starts like I happen to have?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Gwen Morse wrote: 1 year ago
Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago

I'm just curious how you account for re-gallops of other horses, Durzo? I had a freak that dropped to stakes over this weekend (not related to any of these horses). If she were from one of these studs it would skew the stats. And then if other people _also_ re-galloped and had a change, it could make a real mess.

Or do you just assume most people don't have out-of-condition horses that need repeated gallops after the season starts like I happen to have?
I would think he takes the screenshots close to the end of the auction; most people gallop their purchases shortly after the auction, so it reduces the time period in question in which someone else might be galloping another horse. In addition, if you have the screenshot, you'd see the total number, so you could see if the total galloped went up by one, for example, or stayed the same, and say stakes went up one and allowance down one.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Yeah, I type the numbers into excel, I do not go take screenshots, but it took me like 5 mins right before the auction ended. Usually people are not regalloping in between but there have been other yearling auctions where this happened and I usually mark it as stakes/allowance and wait for the trainer to comment somewhere what the true gallop comment was for my records
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

This obviously only works for yearling auctions and not foals
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago Yeah, I type the numbers into excel, I do not go take screenshots, but it took me like 5 mins right before the auction ended. Usually people are not regalloping in between but there have been other yearling auctions where this happened and I usually mark it as stakes/allowance and wait for the trainer to comment somewhere what the true gallop comment was for my records
Okay, that makes sense. It was just a random thought. Even if there was a freak situation and you missed one horse, it's still an impressive amount of dedication and it's nice for the rest of us to see.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100