Distance Help? Kinda Wanna Punch This Wow...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Distance Help? Kinda Wanna Punch This Wow...

Post by Lily Wilkins »

So I had this filly totally bomb in an Allowance race tonight. It's such a saturated division that I never get my hopes up anymore, but I was a little surprised she couldn't even get on the board. I figured that being a Kingdom Come x James Dean cross, she would enjoy a little more ground. I checked to make sure she went to a farm between this race and her last (she did), and she has no weather preference so the slop shouldn't have mattered.

Do you think that, despite her pedigree, she wants shorter? Or could she have been outpaced tonight and actually need further? She held position through the whole race and her running line said she was tired, so perhaps the former? Thoughts?

She could also just not be as fancy as I thought she was, and that's okay too :lol:
(Stakes Late Bloomer, for those curious. Was a Freak LB prior to gallop adjustments)
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Distance Help? Kinda Wanna Punch This Wow...

Post by Shannon Hunt »

My guess is she felt insulted by the allowance class after four straight stakes wins and decided to flip you both hooves.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’m thinking she likes 9 or 10, no more and no in between. Biches be like that some times, fickle. Time for a barrier trial, her confidence done got wrekt.
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Yeah, I've had a horse inexplicably run bad in an allowance he was supposed to thrash then bounce back and win a stakes next out like nothing. In my experience, horses run to their class and you're better off just continuing in stakes.

Yeah, KC x James Dean screams distance, but just because the races are getting longer doesn't mean that she will be getting "better". 1 3/16 is still pretty short. Is it possible she likes short? Sure, but there's no way to tell until you run her in stakes at a longer distance and compare them.

Also, sometimes horses just run clunkers for no reason. Could be one of those times. If it were me, I'd just continue with business as usual.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Shannon Hunt wrote: ↑1 year ago My guess is she felt insulted by the allowance class after four straight stakes wins and decided to flip you both hooves.
Good possibility! Lol.
Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: ↑1 year ago I’m thinking she likes 9 or 10, no more and no in between. Biches be like that some times, fickle. Time for a barrier trial, her confidence done got wrekt.
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Nini Hunter wrote: ↑1 year ago Yeah, I've had a horse inexplicably run bad in an allowance he was supposed to thrash then bounce back and win a stakes next out like nothing. In my experience, horses run to their class and you're better off just continuing in stakes.

Yeah, KC x James Dean screams distance, but just because the races are getting longer doesn't mean that she will be getting "better". 1 3/16 is still pretty short. Is it possible she likes short? Sure, but there's no way to tell until you run her in stakes at a longer distance and compare them.

Also, sometimes horses just run clunkers for no reason. Could be one of those times. If it were me, I'd just continue with business as usual.
Thank you, i'll chuck her back into Stakes company and see what happens. Silly filly.
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!