How important...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

How important...

Post by John Smith »

...are workout times these days?

Stoked I have a relevant register (a sire top 5 as of 6-1 works) at 2f on dirt for a son of At Time's End. Now, to understand what it may mean!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/studbook ... ID=1280324

He is keeping company with two Chris Barber trainees at least. None of them have correct equipment yet.

As I look around at other top DS sires, like Storm, "Perfectly Splendid," holds down the top spots and he's been quite successful; success in which I would be happy with just 1/2 of his accomplishments on the track and seems to have a good 1st crop going - standing for $23,500 (Free Plug for Art K!). The other two in Storm's top 5 are stakes winners from Chris Barber, "Own the Night," and "familiar to millions" <-- fillies.

at 2f maybe just signifies possible early speed, or is my cross storm analysis a wanton reach for greatness indication!? My assumption is he will of course speed up with correct equip (as will the others)

Curious for any input and a bit proud of my no namer - yet!
John
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: How important...

Post by Carole Hanson »

Difficult to say, some horses go on to live up to fast works (for example, recently you have horses like Exodus or Steamboat Willie who have done so), and then some kind of flop a bit when they hit the track. You’ll know better where your horse stands once there have been plenty of works from other horses in his crop.

Either way, it’s exciting to get a fast one so best of luck! I hope the horse continues to give you fast workouts, and then carries that speed onto the racetrack!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Yes, exciting... I know its a new sire and early in work schedule but the field is level at least. He is about - 0.5 of perfectly splendid times I used in example, so hopefully the right equip can get that shaved down... guess was hoping this had been "tweaked," to give more accurate revelations given the changes made to the gallops that weren't supposed to be there... in his gallops, nothing else has been revealed like interested/brave or timid or... so yes, I hope it translates well to the track - let's go attitude, maybe the talent is there or speed at least...

Thanks for the reply
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I’d just say in regards to sprinters whether turf or dirt, 3f seem more indicative of predicting success than 2f , but who knows how much the change on the gallops which was supposed to include more “consistent “ workout times has changed it, no idea .. it’s also important to know that many people don’t workout the right distance for this division to disguise their ability and they just depend on the gallop to place the horse
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Thanks for the insight on works...

Maybe I'll give him a whirl at 3 if he gets his equipment earlier... 1500 gps is expensive...I'm still getting some equipment on my 2 yolds via racing and asking afterwards...

Thanks again.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)