Derby Field

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Derby Field

Post by The Steward »

What do we think of this Derby field?

Ted Lasso the only unbeaten horse this year, and I've heard from a few other players that it's a "little light" of a field on stars. I know there's a contest thread about your picks but I wanted some actual analysis of who is going to win!

Per usual, the fillies look stacked - also lacking in a superstar, but the future broodmares of the sport!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Derby Field

Post by Gavin Guile »

I was hoping Elliebelle went against the boys here.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Other than the obvious favs…

I’d love to see Xyst win because I really miss Nighteyes being in my stallion barn. Witted ran 3rd in his Derby so there’s form for that side of the bloodline.

Buonaparte also appeals to me a lot. He’s done enough without running his legs off and has the ideal pedigree.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I felt like maybe Proud Corazón wanted a little bit more time and some more distance when I added him to my TCT, so I think he might be a sleeper threat. I had similar thoughts on Cowboy Bebop but looks like he went elsewhere. Mandalorian certainly has the pedigree for it.

I thought about longshotting my filly in the Oaks when the field looked lighter, but dang it got heavy fast.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Only 2 horses in This field have only 90s sf. Mandolorian and some bum named derpy
;p
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I think the one I bred and did the contest deal has all the family in the world and will love the distance and prepped perfectly !
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Hard to bet against that Bayou woman that lives on the other side of the basin from me. As in Louise Bayou's horses in both the derby and oaks.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I'm going with Mace slightly over Mandalorian, reason being thier is a ton of speed here which should get the closers closing. But never know with the 1 1/4

In the Oaks I like Elliebelle mainly cause of her speed
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Correction on how many horses have 90 in the field Allthetimeintheworld has 99-94-91 speed figs
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

He was saying they are the only horses with only 90 and above every race - not that they were the only ones to have 90s
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yeah. What he said.

I’d image horses like Ted lasso for example would have it, but he had such a weak field in last race.

Mando and derpy, in second place finishes still putting up 90s. Just hard running ponies every time.
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

"I've done the odds on all of you. Evens it's Ted Lasso."

First of all congratulations to everyone with a colt entered in the Year 62 Louisville Derby. It takes a little bit of luck and good training of a young 3yo to get in the gate.

I pulled Fair Fight on Wednesday after reviewing his running lines because they suggested he did not have the grit and heart right now to stay near the lead. So I started looking at the running lines for the rest of the field to see if I could place the contenders in some sort of position for their race based on history. I do this for the Kentucky Derby in real life. Full disclosure, I am not a good Derby handicapper. The last actual big bet Kentucky Derby winner I had was Silver Charm in 1997. Has everyone stopped reading at this point?

Moving on to the Year 62 Louisville Derby in SIMHorseracing.com. I looked closely at the running lines in the SIM Past Performances. What obviously struck me first was the lack of speed to challenge Bayou's Ted Lasso from pp #6. James' Jonathan Phaedrus in pp #8 has some classy speed on the lead capability and Gofaster's colt, Farouk Blend in pp#2 have early speed. With short field's in the prep races and it is difficult to determine if the two horses on the outside, Moore's Kingdom of Spiders from pp#16 or Leavitt's The Body Electric in pp# 14, can get to the front and stay there.

There is a rather large stalking mid-pack herd in Mitchell's Mace (pp#1), Derby's Mandalorian (pp#3, Olsen's Apparate from pp#5, Xett's Xyst (pp #7), Hunter's Proud Corazon (pp#9) or Carlo's Allthetimeintheworld from pp#13. In my opinion, any one of these would not be a surprise for the win.

The big IF is can anyone challenge Ted Lasso on the lead. If not, the race goes to Bayou's colt. Ted Lasso's Louisville Derby fate might be found in the Year 61 Steward's Cup Juvenile race where he faced similar company.

Good luck to all the SIM players with horses entered in the Week 6 broadcasts on Friday night. Thank you for playing SIMHorseracing.com

jX
Loretta Lavendar
Two Year Old

Post by Loretta Lavendar »

Good luck to all! Hopefully I'll be participating in a few..(10+) years..
Lavender Estates