Notice gallops to remain with new features

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Notice gallops to remain with new features

Post by Art K Stables »

Will the older horses ever get the new info?
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Notice gallops to remain with new features

Post by Shannon Hunt »

"We will try a few seasons of this format of gallops, where you learn level AND more about your horse, and include older horses", so it sounds like it.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I super love this idea, especially in light of the fact that ALL comments about what these new gallop comments mean are ALL guesses by various players until these new yearlings are finally running. I have a request though - - - if the steward lets out hints on what these comments mean anywhere in the Sim - chat room, PM etc, she should make a forum announcement too so all players are privy to this info.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I am so happy about it! I love the 'accident' that we got this year and I'm so, so excited for the new year now. I did some breeding this year that I'm proud of and my stats and horse quality has slowly improved each sim year so far, so I'm glad I'll have something direct to compare the Y62 babies to. I also got to free lease a mare I am excited to have a baby from, so I'm glad I'll get to see how that one gallops compared to everything else in my barn.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

couldn't be more pleased
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I'm a fan of this. I like the new comments, but also appreciated the old ones. So best of both worlds. I'd also be on board with something where the but was fixed but the old comments were folded in as one possibility you could get along with the new ones. Yes "festivus would be ruined" but in theory we would still all get the comment reasonably quick and it would avoid the day 1 mass purge of horses
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

🥳
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

So glad that we'll see the gallop rating right away again. I'm not at all a fan of the new comments, I don't get the point to them, I don't see how any of the information is useful. Also some of them seem incredibly silly that they are on a particular horse, both of my claimers (geldings) would be great in the breeding shed, like they'd ever come close to making 350k, and one of them has a lot of speed, uh, his rating and workouts suggest he in fact does not have any speed whatsoever. I love the constant development and trying to improve the game, but this one I just don't understand.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago So glad that we'll see the gallop rating right away again. I'm not at all a fan of the new comments, I don't get the point to them, I don't see how any of the information is useful. Also some of them seem incredibly silly that they are on a particular horse, both of my claimers (geldings) would be great in the breeding shed, like they'd ever come close to making 350k, and one of them has a lot of speed, uh, his rating and workouts suggest he in fact does not have any speed whatsoever. I love the constant development and trying to improve the game, but this one I just don't understand.
The only thing I can say is being it's a claimer if it raced among other claimers it would indeed show early speed. Shed comment seems to hold the least value, and heart may turn out to be great value
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Between this and the auto ship to nearest farm I feel like we've kinda won the lottery. Love this decision.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago Also some of them seem incredibly silly that they are on a particular horse, both of my claimers (geldings) would be great in the breeding shed, like they'd ever come close to making 350k
I'm also confused on that one, I guess maybe if it was a filly and got a bad slide on talent but will wind up being star/hen it might make sense, but then it shouldn't apply to colts/geldings since no one is going to stand a claimer who won 20K. The insurance comment, at least in my limited sample size, seems to only be allowance or better (maybe I have it on one productive LB?) so that seems sort of consistent, but the breeding shed comment is just nonsense - to me. Maybe as we go I'll figure out what exactly they mean by that, because the obvious answer doesn't as of now seem to be making sense at least not consistently.

This is part of why I am VERY glad gallop comments are staying because I can use multiple pieces of information - some new, some familiar to me - to put the big picture together. Without gallop comments, I might have gone wild and insured all my breeding shed comments.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I personally think the breeding shed comment just means that the horses breeding number is higher than it's racing number. So it could have a 1 as a racing number and a 2 as a breeding number but in reality that just means different career vs no potential. Same with longer career which would mean higher racing number vs breeding number. It doesn't mean that every breeding shed comment is the next Into Mischief.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Happy and relieved we're keeping the old gallop comments.

I for one am also still struggling to get much value out of the new comments, hopefully once these horses race I'll get smarter.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago
Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago So glad that we'll see the gallop rating right away again. I'm not at all a fan of the new comments, I don't get the point to them, I don't see how any of the information is useful. Also some of them seem incredibly silly that they are on a particular horse, both of my claimers (geldings) would be great in the breeding shed, like they'd ever come close to making 350k, and one of them has a lot of speed, uh, his rating and workouts suggest he in fact does not have any speed whatsoever. I love the constant development and trying to improve the game, but this one I just don't understand.
The only thing I can say is being it's a claimer if it raced among other claimers it would indeed show early speed. Shed comment seems to hold the least value, and heart may turn out to be great value
I don’t think anyone races their claimers in that division since they’re completely useless, it just doesn’t make sense why I have a claimer that has a lot of natural speed, but my freak has never gotten that comment, I feel like the freak would actually have a lot of speed.

The heart is annoying to me, from what I’ve observed it’s a pretty random comment, my stable is split pretty evenly 1/3rd each, but the rating is part of the stable chart, that’s the part that is annoying to me. The rating means nothing to me, but it’s part of the stable chart and I can’t force the comment to fill the chart.

All the other comments I don’t understand either, the shed and insure comments, I already know who I like for breeding and who I want to insure, also breeding ability is for the most part related to the gallop comment. Everything else, we have soundness ratings so that comment seems unnecessary, and honestly I don’t care how my horse goes about their race, it doesn’t change anything, they’re still racing the same way they did before, after a race or two if the player wants to know how the horse races they can look at their races.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago
I don’t think anyone races their claimers in that division since they’re completely useless, it just doesn’t make sense why I have a claimer that has a lot of natural speed, but my freak has never gotten that comment, I feel like the freak would actually have a lot of speed.

The heart is annoying to me, from what I’ve observed it’s a pretty random comment, my stable is split pretty evenly 1/3rd each, but the rating is part of the stable chart, that’s the part that is annoying to me. The rating means nothing to me, but it’s part of the stable chart and I can’t force the comment to fill the chart.

All the other comments I don’t understand either, the shed and insure comments, I already know who I like for breeding and who I want to insure, also breeding ability is for the most part related to the gallop comment. Everything else, we have soundness ratings so that comment seems unnecessary, and honestly I don’t care how my horse goes about their race, it doesn’t change anything, they’re still racing the same way they did before, after a race or two if the player wants to know how the horse races they can look at their races.
The speed comment relates to running style. Means the horse wants to be a frontrunner. Nothing to do with quality.

Heart has always been a small factor perhaps on par with jockey or track condition. Now we just get to know if the horse "has it" or not, which we didn't before.

The insure comments seem to have been meant to be a general indicator of overall quality, because the gallop comments were to have gone away. A little bit irrelevant now that we're keeping them imo.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.