Notice gallops to remain with new features

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Notice gallops to remain with new features

Post by Dave Trainer »

The common terms for those just behind the pace are "racing prominently" or "handy" Some horses prefer large fields so they can get plenty of cover.
They often don't run well in small fields. Some don't like large fields,

Some horses who run the longer trips set a fast pace even though they don't have "natural speed" to run the finish out of speed horses who might not have the same stamina.

Difficult to replicate everything in a Sim but I don't associate natural speed with being a front runner. Baaeed is currently the world's highest rated racehorse, he has plenty of natural speed but isn't a front runner.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

A horse that sits just off the pace is a stalker, kinda like Kryptonite

Steamboat Willie and Unmerciful, Unmerciful more so are closers

Having natural speed could be any horse that's good but if the comment is saying it its probably cause the horse likes being in front, some just do
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago A horse that sits just off the pace is a stalker, kinda like Kryptonite

Steamboat Willie and Unmerciful, Unmerciful more so are closers

Having natural speed could be any horse that's good but if the comment is saying it its probably cause the horse likes being in front, some just do
Why do you assume that? Some horses with natural speed like being held up.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Simplifying the comments and sim horses you can separate them into those 3 categories. Front, stalker, closer. Which matches up with the 3 gallop comments, speed, tractable, clouds.
;p
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

That being said, there’s examples of those 3 categories each performing outside of that norm from time to time.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Cause they aren't as fast as another and don't care about dirt in their face
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Natural speed simply means the horse can run faster to a spot with minimal effort
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Simplifying the comments and sim horses you can separate them into those 3 categories. Front, stalker, closer. Which matches up with the 3 gallop comments, speed, tractable, clouds.
This was my interpretation ^
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

So speed , tractable, clouds .. and how is this info helpful ? Are we giving the jockey instructions now or something?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Seems most comments let you get to know your horse and the Label with its new improved rating system gives you all the info you need
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago So speed , tractable, clouds .. and how is this info helpful ? Are we giving the jockey instructions now or something?
No. This info was always there, you just had to pay attention to your races. I don’t want to explain how I use this info, so I can keep some secret advantage.
;p
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I'm just going to run them as I always have. I may look back later to see how these new terms may actually corelate. Until then I'm not going to break my brain trying to figure it out or worry about. At my age I have to save my brain cells...for something. I just don't know what yet.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Brad Fabman wrote: 1 year ago I'm just going to run them as I always have. I may look back later to see how these new terms may actually corelate. Until then I'm not going to break my brain trying to figure it out or worry about. At my age I have to save my brain cells...for something. I just don't know what yet.
Brain cells? I forgot what those were a long time ago :o
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Unless you are going to monitor all the opponents and their running styles and say your guy seems to be the only early speed , or full of front runners with your guy the only closer which we don’t really know because there’s no fractional times , good luck with the secret advantage
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Running style is pretty evident in the PP, so yes I'm more likely to throw a front runner in a race where it's the only front runner than in a race with six other front runners, when overall talent of the two fields is similar.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE