Notice gallops to remain with new features

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Notice gallops to remain with new features

Post by Dave Trainer »

Some players enter very close to closing time so they could ruin your plans anyway. Races can split and you wouldn't know which half you would be in.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

For the information to be useful, you need to monitor entrants' styles. It's time consuming, but if you want to run a small stable (or have a lot of time), can help with placing your horses in the right races.

As to the timid/heart - I think that plays out in field sizes and nose-to-nose finishes- the ponies that put up great times and win by multiple lengths in a small field, but then seem to fade in a large group of competitors or close competition (mentally I see two horses racing up to the wire - the horse with heart goes "this race is MINE" and the timid one is "yeah, um, OK, see ya' round" and backs off.

I think the freaky-freaks are going to turn out to be flexible style runners with heart.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Without fractional times who knows if the speed held or not? There would be too many other factors to consider to figure out a result and the split races are a perfect example of why running style is not worthy of consideration
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I am the one who splits. In races I am invested in, running style is something I do pay attention to, learn from, and see returns on increasing my understanding, same as weather, distance, and post position all play a part. Luckily it's perfectly free to ignore these factors if they aren't deemed necessary! Most were noticeable by other means before the new comments, but convenience can be nice sometimes.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Can someone explain to me when you want a specific running style based on all other horses in the field? (E.g. Do you want a horse that runs out front if there’s no other horse like that and the rest all closers, etc) I think I understand the three different speeds, but I have no idea what field I would want that would be most advantageous to the different styles. This may help others too.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago Can someone explain to me when you want a specific running style based on all other horses in the field? (E.g. Do you want a horse that runs out front if there’s no other horse like that and the rest all closers, etc) I think I understand the three different speeds, but I have no idea what field I would want that would be most advantageous to the different styles. This may help others too.
I would think that you wouldn't want to enter your front runner in a field full of other front runners. I have horses that need the lead, and if they can't get it they lose their will to win and fade badly in the second half of the race. If you can enter into a field of closers, you have a better chance of running away with the race. Your front runner is happy, they have no competition for the lead, they still might slow down in the second half of the race but if they can build up a strong lead early on it may not matter. Vice versa is good too, i.e. having a closer in a field of front runners who have all fought for the lead and are hitting a wall in the final stages of the race. I personally like the horses who can rate right off the leaders in mid pack (so those Tractable horses) because they get the first shot at the tiring front runners, and if the closers are too far back they might not have enough track to catch them before the wire. Of course these are my own personal thoughts on the matter, so may or may not be accurate.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Thank you Autumn!
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

To add to that, if you have a small field full of front runners they might run too fast for a closer. It all depends on distance preferences and quality of runner too.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Yea the closer might feel like he needs to do more early
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

theres nothing about game play that says why it matters, and the fact that however it matters, it surely does not in the way it does IRL because fractional times are integral into determining if a frontrunner is going too fast or not. that should be explained in some kind of detail as this game tends to hide stuff so well no one will ever discover it making its existence irrelevant
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Nothing really matters
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

A horses sim life matters!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Galileo figaro magnifico