Crown field

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Crown field

Post by Jon Xett »

What do you think of this Crown field?

Thanks to the 8 owners of Louisville Derby raced colts who are entered in the Gr. 1 Baltimore Crown Stakes with a purse 0f $2,000,000.

Eight runners from the Derby who finished above the imaginary "disappointment barrier" (10th and better) look to be the best of the 3 year olds so far.

The field includes the off the pace Mace for Emily Mitchell and the place horse, Regina Morore's Kingdom of Spiders along with the show horse, Ted Lasso for Louise Bayou. Kris Bobby is represented by Buonaparte who completed the Derby owner distaff superfecta.

The 7th thru 10th place Derby horses are represented; Allthetimeintheworld, Jonathan Phaedrus, Mandalorian and Apparte. These spell check specials certainly belong in this race with their past performances, class and breeding. Jonathan Phaedrus helped to set the pace.

A hardy welcome to the Louisville Oaks winning filly, Elliebelle, trained by Durzo Blint. She is an impressive filly that seems to bring her grit and heart to the colts in the race.

Newcomer, Fair Fight is entered here. Why? He ran in the pace scenario before fading in the Steward's Cup Juvenile against many of these same horses. He ran a decent speed figure losing to Mandalorian in a Derby prep.
And most importantly Dr. Hinede Hacklu asked me if I had a favorite band when I vetted Fair Fight (War Like Me - Enough (Happy This Way). And as everyone knows by now, I do have a favorite band in that American funk band, War , of Why Can't We Be Friends? fame. Funny the way it is, huh? All kidding aside, Fair Fight deserves his shot in a triple crown race because this rather fragile colt is peaking after his mini break, having skipped the Louisville Derby. If the wheels don't fall off due to a melt down pace in the Crown, Fair Fight should be battling for the win on the lead.

Have a fun Baltimore Crown week 7. Thanks for playing SIM. jX
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Crown field

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Nice job Jon!!

Love that Elliebelle is in this!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I think she gets a knock for running in the oaks. Very tough for a filly that doesn’t skip week 6 or run the derby
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Oh yea didn't even think about that, good point
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I love a filly, crown, upset tho
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago I think she gets a knock for running in the oaks. Very tough for a filly that doesn’t skip week 6 or run the derby
I believe fillies do get the boost if they run back in the crown. These are Rewrite the Stars' vet notes when I ran her in the Crown after she finished 3rd in the Louisville Oaks:

Y58-W7-D5 Vet: Rewrite the Stars doesn't have any leg problems currently. This horse isn't even a little bit tired.
Y58-W7-D4 Moved to Baltimore Race Course via 1st class airplane
Y58-W7-D4 Vet: Rewrite the Stars has no current issues that I can see. This horse is ready to race!
Y58-W7-D2 Vet: X-rays are coming back clear on Rewrite the Stars! This horse isn't even a little bit tired.
Y58-W6-D7 Vet: Rewrite the Stars is currently totally healthy! Look how dappled and happy this horse looks! You're good to go!
Y58-W6-D5 Moved to Paradise Acres via 1st class airplane
Y58-W6-D4 Vet: Rewrite the Stars is currently totally healthy! Look how dappled and happy this horse looks! You're good to go!
Y58-W6-D4 Vet: Looks like Rewrite the Stars is currently well. If you aren't planning on racing any time soon you might want to give this horse a little bit of exercise elsewhere.
Y58-W6-D4 Vet: I don't see anything going on with Rewrite the Stars's legs right now. This horse isn't even a little bit tired.
Y58-W6-D4 Moved to Louisville Downs via 1st class airplane
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago I think she gets a knock for running in the oaks. Very tough for a filly that doesn’t skip week 6 or run the derby
I'm hoping for a miracle! A very nice trainer (aka Nini) reached out to me and asked if I was planning on running her in the Crown. I, too, thought she would have a "knock" against her, but she mentioned that fillies that run in the Oaks, but then run in the Crown, do get the "quick rest" or whatever it is referred as. The made me decide to give it a shot, cause what the heck. I did just vet her and got the following:

Y62-W7-D3 Vet: Elliebelle seems A-okay to me. This horse isn't even a little bit tired

So here's a hopin'
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

This is excellent news!!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You know what I’m thinking of; in the year of our savior (simhorseracing.com), 55, symphony did it backwards and went derby>oak. Emily said on the broadcast that it doesn’t work that way and she got a knock for run back to back weeks.

Then a couple years ago panthergard ran the oaks oaks back to back on only 1 day farm rest and she won both races. So what the f do I know about racing horses right?
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

It's also worth pointing out Danny's wonderful Oaks winner, Spe Chan, ran back 1 week later in the Crown against the colts and was beat only 1 length. A filly coming back after the Oaks and winning is certainly doable, in my opinion, we just haven't seen it been done yet. Maybe this year.

https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1452027

Good luck Durzo!!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Goodluck Durzo!! She has a real shot at history!!
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Welcome Gigi Gofaster's speedy colt Stigma to the Baltimore Crown field. Stigma recently won the Gr. 1 Puerto Rican Derby.

The start could resemble barrel racers heading to the first turn. Did I work my colt from the gate yet? This will be interesting.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1935809

jX
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago You know what I’m thinking of; in the year of our savior (simhorseracing.com), 55, symphony did it backwards and went derby>oak. Emily said on the broadcast that it doesn’t work that way and she got a knock for run back to back weeks.

Then a couple years ago panthergard ran the oaks oaks back to back on only 1 day farm rest and she won both races. So what the f do I know about racing horses right?
To be fair to Panthergard, she could have won that second race if they were back to back days, that's how good she was at that time!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Took Mandalorian out of this one, he'll see you all in New York or Canada.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago Took Mandalorian out of this one, he'll see you all in New York or Canada.
New York, he may like the distance