Was the AARP Invitational open to anybody?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Was the AARP Invitational open to anybody?

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago How does the money work? Just break even?
Total purse payout for the race was actually only $4,740,000 - $3M for 1st, $1.32M for 2nd and a $420K breeder award. The remaining $1.26M that would normally get paid out to 3rd-5th just didn't exist here.

Pete and I each contributed 1/2 of that $4.74M to the purse, so $2.37M each, which equalled the total amount to be paid out. So it's better than break even for the winner and a negative for the loser.
Thanks
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Dan Gordon wrote: 1 year ago If I missed it, I'm kicking myself as I believe my Born Rambling Man would have had a shot. He ran a 96 last time and has a 99 in his career.
If it was an arranged match race, I get it. But why not open it up to others? I think I missed a chapter in this book.....

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1353817
I had been anxiously awaiting for this horse to retire to stud..I gave up on him for this year, but ill be hoping for next year!

you can send me a couple freebie invitations when he does! ;)
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago How can others create races like this?
Match racing with all time greats has been going on since Year 4 in the SIM. Happens about once every 5-10 years and is reserved for really special types.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Men in tights!!