Peaked ?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Peaked ?

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ma Springs wrote: 1 year ago You have such a strong family of routers, Stormy.
Every single year I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see who a couple of her mares are going to be bred to :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Ma Springs wrote: 1 year ago You have such a strong family of routers, Stormy.
Every single year I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see who a couple of her mares are going to be bred to :lol:
You two have made me smile...needed that.

Thanks for the compliments.

And, yeah, I know the luck runs up and down in this game...been playing it long enough to have experienced it before.
I'm just frustrated more easily, maybe? And too, I really do believe my yearling, two and three year old crops are all experiencing higher Peaked comments. At age 3, it's not such a big deal...but geesh...seeing a nice yearling router Peak, and knowing it will be almost done with it's career by the start/middle of it's 3 year old season...it just makes my heart ache when I think of the money and time I spent on it, and it's from awesome pedigree lines.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

9 of 118 peaked
of those 9 peaks 6 are allowances...sure woulda preferred some lower galloped peakers instead!

42 of 118 are allowances in training barn (35.6%)
6 peakers so 14.3% of alw

1 of my only stakes galloper, a peaker 100%!

1 productve one solid peaker (23 solids of 118 - 49 of 118 prods)

Maybe you just have a bunch of high gallopers? as it seems they make up a disproportionate amount of peakers in my barn
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Peak or no, they could just... not be that good. I've had a decent number of yearling peaks run competitively (at whatever level they're competitive at) until they're 4 or so.

The problem is that we see "stakes peak" and get our hopes up, and then if they're not world-beaters right off the bat, it's easy to get really down on them.

If anything I think this is more of a reflection of this year's gallop level change than the maturity comments.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.