On the Yr63 Updates

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: On the Yr63 Updates

Post by Sara Julin »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago And we can test our older horses hearts now ^^D
My two best two year olds are both brave, I may have cheered out loud. :lol:
I know the feeling ^^D I did it too with 2 of my promising 2 year olds.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

So, I've checked some of my runners from my stallion who I know has a heart rating of "Interested" and one of his runners out of a "timid" mare is "brave". So I wonder if this is actually a breedable trait?
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I'm **obsessed**
It's so interesting to test Heart on my mares and see who has what level. Like, Master Of Death is timid.. I wouldn't have thought that based on her accomplishments.
And, I know they're gonna gallop next year and might give up the info for free, but i'm impatient and have tested some foals - my Deputy Dog daughter by Valley Of Fire is Brave <3

I'm having to restrain my twitchy fingers because I wanna gallop my runners and see what info comments they get, but most of them are running this week.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago So, I've checked some of my runners from my stallion who I know has a heart rating of "Interested" and one of his runners out of a "timid" mare is "brave". So I wonder if this is actually a breedable trait?
I'm seeing some similar outcomes. This filly's parents are both sound and brave. She is sound and interested. Also my stallion Valar is Timid, but I have 6 yearlings of his and only one of them is "timid" while 3 of them are brave. At this stage I'm thinking its sire + dam with a randomizer component thrown in. Which does make sense because in real life I've ridden full siblings and one has been an absolute bulldog while the other one would rather be set on fire than get within 6 feet of another horse.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

FWIW I just tested one of my foals who is a 3/4 sibling to a brave 2yo of mine; she is also brave.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ok, I just had to see what her comment was...

-----------
Dr. Hinede Hacklu Says:

"Here is what I found. 'Roughian' is pretty easy going and shows interest in racing. Have a nice day, see you around!"

Night's Quiet x Fortitude
-----------------

Imagine what she could have done if she wasn't easy going, and exerted some real effort, and showed more than an interest in racing...lol

:? ;)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Here's a fun one for you guys. I just retired a "Breeding shed" comment filly and she rated "Unpredictable"

I would have thought that a horse with that comment would at least be Formidable.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago
Imagine what she could have done if she wasn't easy going, and exerted some real effort, and showed more than an interest in racing...lol
Won the mile race, maybe? :lol:

Her little niece is also 'interested'.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I have a G1-winning timid with a record of 19-10-4-1 and earnings >$750k. There clearly are quite a few factors at work.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

I'm also obsessing a little. 😆

Most stand out findings: the 2yo brave stakes LB out of a timid formidable mare, and the timid graded stakes winner.

Agree with comments above, this is obviously one of many factors, and it looks like there should be at least some random element to it.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago
Won the mile race, maybe? :lol:

Her little niece is also 'interested'.
I hope her little niece equals the same level of interest. :twisted:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago Here's a fun one for you guys. I just retired a "Breeding shed" comment filly and she rated "Unpredictable"

I would have thought that a horse with that comment would at least be Formidable.
What was the gallop on that one? I thought I'd heard somewhere (or maybe it's just a theory??) that it's in comparison to the gallop comment.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Laurel Addams wrote: 1 year ago
Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago Here's a fun one for you guys. I just retired a "Breeding shed" comment filly and she rated "Unpredictable"

What was the gallop on that one? I thought I'd heard somewhere (or maybe it's just a theory??) that it's in comparison to the gallop comment.
She was a Claimer Late Bloomer.
I've definitely noticed a correlation between gallop comment and breeding ability. It seems like my Allowance + level fillies more reliably retire to Formidable or above.
Though I swear i've seen the Steward state that the two (racing ability and breeding ability) are separate. It's all so confusing!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago

I've definitely noticed a correlation between gallop comment and breeding ability. It seems like my Allowance + level fillies more reliably retire to Formidable or above.
Though I swear i've seen the Steward state that the two (racing ability and breeding ability) are separate. It's all so confusing!
The breeding shed comment just means that the breeding comment is higher than the gallop comment so if the horse was currently sitting at claimer, that would be like No Potential as a broodmare but she got Unpredictable which is, indeed, higher than claimer.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago
Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago

The breeding shed comment just means that the breeding comment is higher than the gallop comment so if the horse was currently sitting at claimer, that would be like No Potential as a broodmare but she got Unpredictable which is, indeed, higher than claimer.
Ohh, I must have missed that. Thank you!

*suspiciously eyeing the "Solid" and "Claimer" fillies in my barn who got the "Breeding Shed" comment* :lol:
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000