On the Yr63 Updates

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Re: On the Yr63 Updates

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Ohh, I must have missed that. Thank you!

*suspiciously eyeing the "Solid" and "Claimer" fillies in my barn who got the "Breeding Shed" comment* :lol:

Right? I'm hoping that some have a better slide than just "Unpredictable"! Seems like most of my Stars and BH are from Productive gallops or better...
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Not the least bit interested. Being on a fixed budget has to take president for me.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Neato!

Question - will this be implemented for harness as well? I see we can check heart stat with 100GP but I'm wondering about the gallop-given info?
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago Ohh, I must have missed that. Thank you!
I missed that too! That makes sense, though. Now I'll stop laughing at my solid peak gallopers that have the breeding shed comment; I thought they were slipping Mary some cash. :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Wonder how those stakes gallop breeding shed comments work out!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

This mare of mine is 'interested' and of her four foals, the three oldest are 'brave' and the baby is 'interested.'
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

No secret, I never liked these comments, I was skeptical of them before they were introduced. I can confirm, I still cannot get on board with these comments, I hate them. I've never felt so lost in this game, I don't understand the comments (this may be why I absolutely hate them and everyone else seems to love them), I don't see the point to them, none of the information is really useful/can't be found elsewhere. Honestly it's a big reason why I'm switching to mostly just breeding, this and limited time in RL, though I could've sold a bunch of horses and kept playing as normal.

I love this game, I don't want to let it go, but these comments are extremely frustrating to me. It took half the SIM year and someone kindly explaining at length what some of these comments mean because to me they meant something completely different. Like the speed comment, to me that says the horse is a fast animal and should be a good racehorse, the comment even says "I'm impressed". There is also already have a way to check soundness, I guess it's free this way, but there's already a way to check it. Breeding ability for the most part coincides with the gallop comment, higher gallop, higher rating. The breeding comment is also incredibly flawed when it comes to colts, no way should a low ranking colt be getting a breeding comment, they will never meet the minimum earnings requirement, it should also be removed on geldings. I understand how it's coded is probably racing ability vs breeding ability, higher breeding than racing ability would get the comment, but gender should be taken into account as well. As it is now it really only applies to fillies, and again, gallop comment/racing ability for the most part is consistent with breeding ability

The comments that say how the horse like to run are the worst, PLEASE change the wording on those, pace setter, midfielder, backmarker (I know there's different terms for the latter two but I don't remember them). Make the comment clear, don't make it sound like the horse is a fast animal and a good racing prospect when it's actually a pace setter, likewise with the midfielder, it makes it sound like the horse doesn't care where it is. The backmarker comment is just really oddly worded in my opinion, in case it isn't clear, I don't know a single thing about racing horses in real life, but not everyone on here is a horse racing fan, good horse games are hard to find. I'm begging you, PLEASE change the wording, make it clear to those who do not know a single thing about racing horses in real life, don't use racing terms that only people who are horse racing fans can understand. Simplicity is needed in these comments, nearly all of them could be simplified for the players who are horse people or horse lovers but not horse racing fans.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 1 year ago The new info doesn't appear for trotters and steeplechasers?
Good catch, will add
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Moving this for discussion.
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago As a side note, I believe this refers to the actual numbers rather than the comment itself. It could be the horse is only .1 better as a broodmare than as a racehorse, and so she might still get the breeding shed comment and it could match her rating as a runner (e.g. allowance to formidable).
Have you seen any breeding shed fillies/mares that have the matching BSA label and gallop rating or did the Steward say it some where, or is this a guess?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Gwen Morse wrote: 1 year ago Moving this for discussion.
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago As a side note, I believe this refers to the actual numbers rather than the comment itself. It could be the horse is only .1 better as a broodmare than as a racehorse, and so she might still get the breeding shed comment and it could match her rating as a runner (e.g. allowance to formidable).
Have you seen any breeding shed fillies/mares that have the matching BSA label and gallop rating or did the Steward say it some where, or is this a guess?
I feel like I saw this talked about more extensively somewhere, but it might be false memory. But it was hinted at a bit here at least viewtopic.php?p=456601#p456601
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

If one wouldn't use the underlying numbers, one would have to decide whether the "shed" or the "longer career" comment would take precedence.
I only have one freak among my yearlings, and he got the "shed comment", so I reckon if there are freaks with the "longer career" comment out there, the hypothesis that actual numbers are used would be valid.

(I hope I didn't misunderstand. I wasn't fully certain this was what you asked)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 1 year ago If one wouldn't use the underlying numbers, one would have to decide whether the "shed" or the "longer career" comment would take precedence.
I only have one freak among my yearlings, and he got the "shed comment", so I reckon if there are freaks with the "longer career" comment out there, the hypothesis that actual numbers are used would be valid.

(I hope I didn't misunderstand. I wasn't fully certain this was what you asked)
I have a freak with the longer career comment. I'm mostly guessing it goes by numbers rather than comment level itself, but I do remember The Steward confirming Tim's theory that 'breeding shed' means the horse is just better than it is as a racehorse, and 'longer career' is the opposite.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I have a freak with the longer career comment. I'm mostly guessing it goes by numbers rather than comment level itself, but I do remember The Steward confirming Tim's theory that 'breeding shed' means the horse is just better than it is as a racehorse, and 'longer career' is the opposite.
Aye, it makes sense.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago No secret, I never liked these comments, I was skeptical of them before they were introduced. I can confirm, I still cannot get on board with these comments, I hate them. I've never felt so lost in this game, I don't understand the comments (this may be why I absolutely hate them and everyone else seems to love them), I don't see the point to them, none of the information is really useful/can't be found elsewhere. Honestly it's a big reason why I'm switching to mostly just breeding, this and limited time in RL, though I could've sold a bunch of horses and kept playing as normal.

I love this game, I don't want to let it go, but these comments are extremely frustrating to me. It took half the SIM year and someone kindly explaining at length what some of these comments mean because to me they meant something completely different. Like the speed comment, to me that says the horse is a fast animal and should be a good racehorse, the comment even says "I'm impressed". There is also already have a way to check soundness, I guess it's free this way, but there's already a way to check it. Breeding ability for the most part coincides with the gallop comment, higher gallop, higher rating. The breeding comment is also incredibly flawed when it comes to colts, no way should a low ranking colt be getting a breeding comment, they will never meet the minimum earnings requirement, it should also be removed on geldings. I understand how it's coded is probably racing ability vs breeding ability, higher breeding than racing ability would get the comment, but gender should be taken into account as well. As it is now it really only applies to fillies, and again, gallop comment/racing ability for the most part is consistent with breeding ability

The comments that say how the horse like to run are the worst, PLEASE change the wording on those, pace setter, midfielder, backmarker (I know there's different terms for the latter two but I don't remember them). Make the comment clear, don't make it sound like the horse is a fast animal and a good racing prospect when it's actually a pace setter, likewise with the midfielder, it makes it sound like the horse doesn't care where it is. The backmarker comment is just really oddly worded in my opinion, in case it isn't clear, I don't know a single thing about racing horses in real life, but not everyone on here is a horse racing fan, good horse games are hard to find. I'm begging you, PLEASE change the wording, make it clear to those who do not know a single thing about racing horses in real life, don't use racing terms that only people who are horse racing fans can understand. Simplicity is needed in these comments, nearly all of them could be simplified for the players who are horse people or horse lovers but not horse racing fans.
Well..- I think the breeding for colts at least is the most confusing - that is if you have a stakes or a freak and you get the longer career what would be a higher breeding shed comment? Are there breeding shed comments for sires like blue hen for mares? I thought it was based on its' on the track accomplishments to some extent, so shouldn't every young colt have a higher racing number than breeding number and therefore get the "longer career" comment? Unless maybe claimer peak types?
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

John, the sires get a decrease in their ability if they retire without $350k in earnings, but their breeding ability is pre-set as a foal.