On the Yr63 Updates

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: On the Yr63 Updates

Post by Tim Matthews »

John Smith wrote: 1 year ago Well..- I think the breeding for colts at least is the most confusing - that is if you have a stakes or a freak and you get the longer career what would be a higher breeding shed comment?
I don't know if this is exactly what you mean, but a horse cannot get both the "long career" and the "breeding shed" comment. They can only get one of them.

But this raises an interesting question, not sure if it's been addressed: Say you have a claimer filly who is set to improve to freak as a 3yo. Suppose her BSA comment is "formidable." Would she get the "breeding shed" comment when she gallops claimer, and then change to "long career" when she gallops freak? Seems like that would be the case, but interested for confirmation.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago
John Smith wrote: 1 year ago Well..- I think the breeding for colts at least is the most confusing - that is if you have a stakes or a freak and you get the longer career what would be a higher breeding shed comment?
I don't know if this is exactly what you mean, but a horse cannot get both the "long career" and the "breeding shed" comment. They can only get one of them.

But this raises an interesting question, not sure if it's been addressed: Say you have a claimer filly who is set to improve to freak as a 3yo. Suppose her BSA comment is "formidable." Would she get the "breeding shed" comment when she gallops claimer, and then change to "long career" when she gallops freak? Seems like that would be the case, but interested for confirmation.
That's some food for thought, Tim.
I believed that a comment is set. Would be interesting if it changed though depending on circumstances :)
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

... I guess what I am trying to say is, when the algorithm calculates for the comment and you have a freak or stakes...what type of blue hen/star sire level must he be to get the "hope to see this one in the breeding shed" therefore wouldnt this show up for lower level galloping colts more? I think we are saying somewhat of the same thing, I am just interested in the change and of course some insight on how colts are deemed shed worthy since we never get anything other than hypos from mares that may indirectly indicate their ability as a stallion.

do colts have these? and if so, I thought their breeding prowess, at least to some extent, was based on "on the track performance"
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

I think John is asking about colts because they don’t get a comment so it seems tough to gauge their breeding ability, especially when they have a high gallop comment?

For instance I have this freak yearling https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1589928
That leads the yearlings workout times for 2 and 3 furlongs but he got the breeding shed comment…does that mean he will be a really good sire or okay sire? I think based on what everyone saying he should be really good considering where his workout times are at, I’m excited to see him in the shed more than race to be honest.

However, if the same horse got the longer career comment it would be tough to know how he’d be as a sire since it just means lower compared to his freak gallop, don’t really know what “tier” he would fall under for sires (e.g how he would hypo)
Last edited by Gavin Guile 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

John, on track performance doesn’t mean anything for breeding ability unless they earn less than 350k then they get a penalty hit to their true ability
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year agounless they earn less than 350k then they get a penalty hit to their true ability
I actually don't think I knew this! I just thought that 350K was a number chosen along the lines of 'look if they can't earn this are they really worth passing genes on'.

Not that it really impacts my gameplay since I have no stallions nor any immediate plans for any, but a good fact to know.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago I think John is asking about colts because they don’t get a comment so it seems tough to gauge their breeding ability, especially when they have a high gallop comment?

For instance I have this freak yearling https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1589928
That leads the yearlings workout times for 2 and 3 furlongs but he got the breeding shed comment…does that mean he will be a really good sire or okay sire? I think based on what everyone saying he should be really good considering where his workout times are at, I’m excited to see him in the shed more than race to be honest.

However, if the same horse got the longer career comment it would be tough to know how he’d be as a sire since it just means lower compared to his freak gallop, don’t really know what “tier” he would fall under for sires (e.g how he would hypo)
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Yes, this, to me, means he will be quite the stud seeing as his breeding comment must have outweighed his track comment, which can't be any higher.

Congrats on the double homerun!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year agounless they earn less than 350k then they get a penalty hit to their true ability
I actually don't think I knew this! I just thought that 350K was a number chosen along the lines of 'look if they can't earn this are they really worth passing genes on'.

Not that it really impacts my gameplay since I have no stallions nor any immediate plans for any, but a good fact to know.
yes this is good to know...because i seem to be standing in the way of one of my possible studs by my close to incompetent placings and shippings!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available