Why Do Players With Amazing Stats Hide Them?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Why Do Players With Amazing Stats Hide Them?

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Being a small barn I look at the Top 100 Ranked Owners for categories other than Wins and Earnings. I can usually hit the board with Win %, On the Board % and Average Earnings / Start. This year I noticed the top AE/S was $123,343 for 43 starts (mine was $15K for 28 starts). At first it seems kind of easy, you just need one big horse, but then I looked at the other stats for that player: 55.8% Wins, 83.7% OTB, 19 of 24 wins were stakes, 13 of the 19 stakes wins were G1s! and $5.3 million in earnings. The 13 G1s rank 8th overall with everyone else having between 10 times the number of starts and over 100 times the number of starts (the top number is 28 G1s out of 3942 starts).

I'm really curious who this player is and what their stable looks like but they have chosen to be Private. If I had those stats I'd have my name in caps and bold if that is possible.

Anyone know this player is? Just curious.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: Why Do Players With Amazing Stats Hide Them?

Post by Jon Xett »

Those are indeed amazing statistics. It is painfully obvious that I am not that player even though my SIM account has been private for a very long time. There are a wide variety of reasons why a player would choose to have their SIM statistics opted in as private.
I would guess the top three reasons for a private account are:
privacy for name recognition
privacy for money amount
privacy for personal reasons

I doubt that this person wants the recognition. By the way, there are most likely ways to determine the player identity of this specific person but out of respect for them.... it is my hope that they are not named in the public forum unless they give permission.

Just my thoughts as a person who has checked the private box. jX
Last edited by Jon Xett 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I do the private money thing and understand that but stats, unless they are really bad, are fun to look at. I started to do a process of elimination search by looking at G1s but life got in the way. I may look again later to figure it out.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I wondered why one would hide stats aswell, 🤔 I can see why you would hide the cash tho
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago I wondered why one would hide stats aswell, 🤔 I can see why you would hide the cash tho
It's a privacy issue or it's that it is just not that important to them. I would guess that some players do not wish to share statistics no matter how amazing they may be as a way to keep things simple and fun for them. I can respect that. jX
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 1 year ago If I had those stats I'd have my name in caps and bold if that is possible.
Obviously that player is not me (hahahaha imagine me having good stats) but I read your post and my thought was, immediately "I know if I did have amazing stats I'd still hide them." I guess I'm just private in general and I don't want attention on me. I've always said, if I won the lottery, you wouldn't see fancy sports cars in front of my house, I wouldn't buy a boat, I'd want to make myself and my wealth as inconspicuous as possible. The way that that translates to the game is my profile is fairly private and I think it'd be more so that way if I was successful.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Clarehaven Stables
Sprinter

Post by Clarehaven Stables »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 1 year ago I may look again later to figure it out.
Or not ;)
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

It’s 100% not me, but as someone who keeps my stats private it’s completely because I was putting far too much pressure on myself because of how I compared to my peers on the leaderboards. Sure it’s easy enough to figure out where I sit with my stats private but it helps my brain and lets me have more fun, rather than stress how my long shot I’m throwing in for fun will impact my stats. After all it’s a game, the sim should be fun!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Jon Xett wrote: 1 year ago
it is my hope that they are not named in the public forum unless they give permission.
I looked again. And, yes please don't post here unless they give permission.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

I just want to say I don't give permission for my awesome win%, all my G1 wins, and my overall domination to be made public at this time. Thank you.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Yeeeeah, that's me lol

I've always kept my stats private, because I started playing when I was a young teen and wanted to maintain as much privacy as possible. I made my stats public just now for a temporary amount of time, just to prove it's me lol

Adding to say, real life has gotten in the way recently of maintaining a large stable so I always end up just racing those I adore
Last edited by Fanta Arcadia 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Congratulations Fanta Arcadia.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Congratulations Fanta!!! Those you adore did very well for you. First time I started looking I didn’t think it was you because of the number of horses you have. It had to be awesome to check your racing nights and see all these big wins.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 1 year ago Congratulations Fanta!!! Those you adore did very well for you. First time I started looking I didn’t think it was you because of the number of horses you have. It had to be awesome to check your racing nights and see all these big wins.
Thank you Jon and Keith!

In all reality I have a ton of horses, but really only ran like 7 (two of which are 2yos). Work and SIM life constantly interfere with each other so I prioritized running my babies so it was easier to keep up and have fun too (and prevent mental burn out)

Shout out to my G1 winners for the year: Caledfwlch, Quetzalcoatl (now retired and standing at stud!), Faith of the Devoted, Altifl Al'akhir, and Hope Springs Eternal.

Edit to say: fun fact, they're all descended from My Heart of Hearts ❤️
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee