It's getting harder to cull!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

It's getting harder to cull!

Post by Ma Springs »

As a newish player almost all 5 year olds were productive or semi bad allowance claimer types, easy to send away end of year. All mares were retired in the search for broodmares.

Now I actually have stakes types and the odd 6 yo mixer freak still bringing in money, and allowance mares without pedigree that I don't really wish to breed.

I've become a bad culler! I will be flooded! 😅
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: It's getting harder to cull!

Post by Jon Xett »

This post made me emote a wry smile since I have always been a bad culler. I tend to hang onto 80% of my mares just in case a Just Victory type shows up again and presents me with that super cross and amazing hypos for my super old SIM pedigree horses. (I am also very bad at using run on sentences.)
A recent example is a hypo mate with Kentucky Trophy this week for one of my 'ye olden times' mares that had my Kentucky Trophy and my original Kentucky Trophy I sire in the hypo mate (thru the amazing mare Babe). You all remember Babe don't you? Here is the resulting foal: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1649833

All in fun, jX
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Oh fun! For some reason I almost expected to see Kentucky Trophy and Kentucky Trophy I in bold! 😄 I think I'm too tired...
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Ha- watch AJ for mine. I have no mercy.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

This means your making real progress and improving your stock!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Probably true! 🙂
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Emily keeps telling us to be more patient and hang on to them a little longer. I started way back in Year 21 and I tried valiantly to work towards a small boutique stable. My ideal was under 300 total head count.

This season, for the very first time, my numbers have climbed to 1041 head. Pleases let this day be done so I don’t breed any more, lol
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

I just got rid of almost every form mare I had and I think when I build back my star broodmares I’ll sell them all again when I get like 50
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I hear you. I had a moral victory in that, thanks to lots of leasing out mares - this is my second smallest crop in the last 10 sim years, 6 more than the smallest of those crops. It actually worked out because the past few weeks were nuts; if I hadn't leased out so many I wouldn't have had time to breed more. I ended up breeding mares today, which hardly ever happens.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

It's a good feeling knowing you are keeping your best! Though I have a number of mares like Jon's - they are the progeny of a great racemare that was not a great broodmare- but I keep hoping the talent just skipped a few generations
I'm just here for the fun of it
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I am a bad culler, not because my mares are getting better, but because my good mares do little-to-nothing and my bad mares throw the nice things :lol:
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

What is culling? :? Oh when you get rid of fake horses. :lol: I have not figured out how to cure this disease of horse hoarding. BUT I only have 1378 soon to be claimers to gallop for Festivus. :o Must at least to pretend to cull something this season. :mrgreen, and yes I will make Festivus WOOT WOOT. They did the surgery at 5:30 am and I was home by 9am. I just woke up from my long nap it's 4:43pm now so I am good to go for Festivus. :D
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

750 horses in total and 175 yearlings. Too many for my "small stable"! 😊 I hope some of them are fast!

Good for you Craig! 🙂
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500