Promises Kept

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Promises Kept

Post by Louise Bayou »

While there have been must better runners and broodmares in the Sim she was everything to my barn. Everything. I knew there was no way she was making it passed this breeding it still hurt to get the "Do you want to save this horse" message". :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And after MUCH back and forth I did something I never do and went full sib to one of her other foals. She is a full sister to It Is Done and I'm happy with the decision.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Promises Kept

Post by Sara Julin »

She has served you so well with so many offspring's! Hopefully her last filly will make you proud in it's racing and later breeding career < 3
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've had some success with full siblings, so believe in that Lightning strikes twice saying.

Next season, will be the 1st time I will drop a ton of money to save Roughian in the breeding shed. And it will get more expensive with each passing year. And unless I become a double digit millionaire soon, I will have to lease her out to keep her alive and producing a few more foals....and the breeder will have to remember to hit that 'save the mare so she can breed again' button.
I'm just glad we have that feature in the Sim.

I'm also happy that we have the $20,000 fee to keep one's mares alive, but in the pensioner's pasture. There have been probably less than a handful that I've saved that way.

I hope that last foal tears up the track and ends up much like her dam in the breeding shed too.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

It is hard to lose those kind of mares. For me, it was Sweet Sinsation. Whenever I see Promises Kept in any pedigree, I always link her to you. She was some mare! I hope her last foal is magnificent!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

An incredible mare with a lasting impact on the game. Enjoy retirement Promises Kept!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Promises Kept is such a cool mare and I hope her last baby is good to you! And you enjoy your retirement, big mare!
Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago Next season, will be the 1st time I will drop a ton of money to save Roughian in the breeding shed.
Stormy
Every year I eagerly await an update to her topic in the favorite horses forum to hear who you chose to breed her to and why, so as we're getting so close to festivus, I'm starting to look forward to that again. :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Well her last was a freak! THIS full sister to It is Done galloped freak and looks to be the bright spot in the disappointing crop. Can't wait to find a great name for her!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago Well her last was a freak! THIS full sister to It is Done galloped freak and looks to be the bright spot in the disappointing crop. Can't wait to find a great name for her!
AMAZING, can't wait to follow her!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

How cool is that!!
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago Well her last was a freak! THIS full sister to It is Done galloped freak and looks to be the bright spot in the disappointing crop. Can't wait to find a great name for her!
how about 'It's All Happening'

Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD