Y63 Festivus - How'd you do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Y63 Festivus - How'd you do?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

All my horses are awful this year. Just burn the whole barn down lol

I especially loved these two Allowance Progressives, that $9 million dollar half to Primetime, in particular... :lol:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1603794
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1614100
Almost yelled and woke my son up.

There were some that made the sting a little less terrible..
7 Stakes out of 71 TB yearlings, no Freaks. Three of them are A+ Valley of Fire babies, and four total are Late Bloomers.
26 Allowance types, mostly late bloomers.

So I guess this group could be fun in a couple seasons, and i'd rather see this than have a bunch of Freaks that aren't actually competitive (no matter how disappointing seeing no Freaks is)

I had a couple older horses jump to Freak - I'm very excited about this one:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1483106
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

4 freaks (2 ds,1 dm and 1 ts )and 30 stakes so I am happy
Cindy Saunders
Miler

Post by Cindy Saunders »

Overall I am happy with my Y63 gallops.
174 horses bred.
Gallop Results - Y63

Gallop Comment ------ Count -------- %
Claimer -------------------11 -------- 6.32%
Solid -----------------------23 ------ 13.22%
Productive --------------- 71 ------- 40.80%
Allowance ---------------- 54 ------ 31.03%
Stakes ---------------------13 -------- 7.47%
Freak ----------------------- 2 -------- 1.15%
Chase Different Career -- 0 -------- 0.00%

TOTAL BRED Y63 174
ALLOWANCE OR BETTER PERCENTAGE -- 39.66%

FREAK TR FILLY OUT OF IMPACTS
FREAK DR COLT OUT OF VALLEY OF FIRE.
Good Luck and Happy Racing, :lol:
Cindy Saunders!

http://www.facebook.com/cynthia.m.saunders
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think its too easy to overreact to gallop results after the very steep adjustment in the game .. as I stated in the “disappointment” thread that I’m not because 3 of my massive racing barn of 13 went from stakes to freak , so consider that the gallops aren’t always the story but maybe it’s not until they turn 3, as I mentioned Zibanejad has had really 0 freak yearlings but he has 3 now .. read the stewards latest post on the game and the gallops , and also as mentioned the upgrade at 2 and 3 have also shown improved performance as well .. for those who were fortunate to see freaks now maybe some of those drop to stakes by age of 3 so all I’m saying is it would be wrong to compare this years results to anything beyond last years
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

My thoroughbred numbers, all turf milers:

Allowance = 4 (50%)
Productive = 2 (25%)
Solid = 2 (25%)

Total = 8

Haven't gotten a stakes galloping yealing since the adjustments womp womp, but pleased with the 50% allowance.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

1 Freak Tr https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1632474 momma was a freak BH so thats exciting
17 stakes
- 1 Ts
-5 Aws
-4 Awm
-5 Tr
-1 Dr
-1 Awr

and 71 Allowance out of 210 foals
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I knew my first year back breeding would not be the greatest but it was better than I thought. I did have some claimers and solids that were A or A- Hypos so I gelded the colts sent them to greener pastures and I am keeping the fillies to retire when they turn 2 and see if they are better broodmares than racers.
I then proceeded to go through I think 114 or so mares and have cleaned house down to 78 mares to breed this year, not counting the ones I will retire that are racing at end of year or sooner depending on how they do. I was looking for consistency in the mares and I noticed the older the mares got the worse their foals got with a few exceptions. When I mean older I am talking about over 10, the younger mares out produced the older mares this breeding season.
So after all the cleaning out, I am left with 86 yearlings

2 Stakes (one progressive and one late bloomer)
50 Allowances (with over half of them being Late Bloomers (I have 21 mixed between progressive and peak)
22 Productive (over half are late bloomers with around 14 or so being mixed between progressive and peak)
7 Solid (with 4 being progressive or peak and 3 being late bloomers (all are fillies and I plan to retire them at 2 and not race them)
4 Claimers ( 2 Late Bloomer 1 Progressive and 1 Peak(all fillies that I plan to retire when they turn 2 and not race them)

I am going to focus on the Stakes, Allowances, and Productive gallopers as future racing prospects, If I have peak productive colt then he will be gelded and sent to greener pastures, I may retire the peak fillies and use them for breeding if they are good enough).

Just like everyone else I had some A+ and Flat A Hypos I thought would be at least an allowance and they turned out productive. Yes I spent money on high stud fees just to end up with some disappointments but it a learning experience that will make me look harder at some of the lower fee studs as I came across more than a few that I didn't pay high dollars for that turned out to be a lot better than I expected.

Its all a learning process and I will work with my first batch of homebred yearlings (since I took a break somewhere around Sim Year 50) and hope that my stakes and allowance horses will surprise me and bring home some listed stakes wins or good allowance wins. Not holding my breath for a G1 winner in this first batch of homebreds but you never know one of them might surprise me.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Anyways the numbers 57 bred
4 stakes 3LB
21 allowance 16LB
20 prod who cares LB
11 solid
1 claimer

Not common I have more stakes than claimers and I’m fine no freaks yet with 19/25 78% LB on the allow/stakes gallops
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

3 Stakes from 24. TR First Class over Night's Quiet (3x3 Shahir'ra), DR Unforgiven over World of Color (for a whole stack of linebreeding in the 4th gen), and AWS Lloyd's Keeping It over At the Gallows End (so 3x2 ATGE).

The TB gallops were more polarized than my mixers. Mixer solids were very light on the ground and anything worse was nonexistent. Though my mixer mares were roughly 6:1 hens:stars while my TB mares were 2:1:2 hens: stars:formidables. Four of my five claimer TBs were from formidable mares.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

2 Freaks (Beau & DMB)
5 Stakes (Backstreet Boy, 2 Beau, Torque, War Like Me)

🥰 very happy

Also Beau now has 2.7% Freaks, and just over 40% Allowance and up ❤️ Such a good boy
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago I think its too easy to overreact to gallop results after the very steep adjustment in the game .. as I stated in the “disappointment” thread that I’m not because 3 of my massive racing barn of 13 went from stakes to freak , so consider that the gallops aren’t always the story but maybe it’s not until they turn 3, as I mentioned Zibanejad has had really 0 freak yearlings but he has 3 now .. read the stewards latest post on the game and the gallops , and also as mentioned the upgrade at 2 and 3 have also shown improved performance as well .. for those who were fortunate to see freaks now maybe some of those drop to stakes by age of 3 so all I’m saying is it would be wrong to compare this years results to anything beyond last years
I remember a time when we were complaining about the lack of seen improvements as they graduate gallops - I wrote an article off of Derby's forum post from Allowance Late to Stakes being undetectable almost. So, perhaps that has been rectified? So yes, I agree in "holding our horses" on some of what happens in the new gallops. If one has superior breeding perhaps we will see more "jumps" with more noticeable improvements ... maybe
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I still feel like I'm producing way too much junk on the Thoroughbred department, but stakes were up from last season:

AWS late bloomer by Lloyd's Keeping It
AWR late bloomer by Avacas
DR by Valley of Fire, Unforgiven and War Like Me
The first three all late bloomers so some small hope of a freak remains.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Because I am a degenerate mass breeder, I have separate yearling barns. I bred a total of 1448 TB split between the two barns.
I have one barn for the TB I actually put effort into choosing studs based on crosses and pedigree.
The 2nd for all the mass bred garbage, basically things I am throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks.

I feel like it's probably time I shy away from my mass breeding ways and focus only on the ones that I put real effort into.

Image Image
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Happy to have a freak and 13 stakes types in the training barn. I noticed that I had a lot more alw. types than ever before but I am ok with that because I had fewer claimers and because I understand the gallop ratings were downgraded. Time will tell with these yearlings whether or not I had a successful breeding Year 62.

Shout outs include:

Freak:
by Valley of Fire

Stakes:
by Clark Kent
by Nighteyes
by Parts Unknown
by Zarley (bred by Kelly Haggerty)
by Astro
by Shahryar
by Lebowski

by Flightline
by Dave Matthews Band
by Valley of Fire
by Dave Matthews Band
by Valley of Fire
by Flightline

jX
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I have 44 TB yearlings - amazingly surprised 3 are Stakes - Arizona( From Now On), Owilgator(Prince Louder) & Nightwatch(Distant Dream)All LB & all fillies. can’t wait to see how the work. I will keep breeding a few more Tbs yet each year, thats enough encouragement for me.
13 were allowance, 18 productive…

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats