Y63 Festivus - How'd you do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Y63 Festivus - How'd you do?

Post by Gavin Guile »

One freak:
Master of Depection

The rest of the crop not so great but can’t complain. First homebred DR freak colt, excited to race him
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

0 freaks, 6 stakes, 22 allowance, 32 productive, 8 solid, 14 claimer, 6 Different Career (Chasers)

For the amount of $100k stud fees I used, I feel let down
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I got a late blooming surprise freak in Zharkov, which is fun because he's 4th generation from my initial DR-line. The one that started with me being excited over a formidable mare with an A- nick. It's the same maternal line that produced Mike Eaton's Baltimore Crown-winner Just Ludicrous back in year 34 (ages ago, I know). And actually the same maternal line that produced my one freak last year.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

This year I culled out my breeding barn, getting rid of those who did not prove themselves as broodmares.
I studied the studbook even harder this year... and yet... It got worse?! Last year I had 4 stakes. This year 2 stakes... Oh well.
At least I got 3 improvers going from allowances/stakes to Freak among my older horses. My luck is not with yearlings though.

Claimers: 22 ~15%
Solids: 30 ~20%
Productives: 56 ~38%
Allowances: 36 ~24%
Stakes: 2 ~1,3%
Freaks: 0

Edit: I did make some research though, and among my 2+year old stakes runners about 50% of those started out as Allowance yearlings. Sooo... I won't give up on my allowance yearlings just yet x'3
Last edited by Sara Julin 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Among my older horses - Soaring Above went from late blooming stakes to freak and Under My Umbrella went from allowance to stakes- so yeah;

When it comes to everyone else - I don't want to talk about it
I'm just here for the fun of it
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Galloped my milers worst results ever not even an allowance if turf sprinters don’t do better might be time to give up
12 productive
1 solid
9 claimers
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Pretty pleased! :) Still no freak though, and I think it's soon about time to start focusing on the colts.

Out of 158 TB flats I got:

7 stakes fillies (3 LB, 4 progressive)
39 allowance
65 productive
25 solid
22 claimer

Stakes are by Nightwatch (×2), Federico Tesio, Impacts, Improvisational, Still Fire and Holland Road.

Highlights:
Pretty late bloomer
Pretty progressive
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Not much better from 4 blue hens 7 star mares & 8 formidables got
5 allowance
8 productive
5 solid
2 claimers
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

37 horses and best I got was a few allowance horses what a bad year for me

But good thing is there is always next season!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

2 Freaks - both turf milers
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1645303
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1645519

Stakes percentage went up, while still being pretty abyssmal at 3.5%
Claimer and Solid percentage went down which is amazing since I like to try and win a race with as many horses as possible.
The rollback last year seems to be most pronounced in the allowance/productive area where I have a TON of productive horses now. Up to 43 percent. Which is wild.

As per every festivus, some disappointments, some surprises and at the end of the day the stable is a little bit better this year than last.

Can't wait to go cull mares now!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Initially I was a little upset with my gallops, but when I break it down by percentages I am actually quite pleased.

Of the 63 horses I bred:
17 Allowance (27% !)
25 Productive (40%)
9 Solid (14%)
11 Claimer (17%)
1 Diff Career (2%)

For the first time my Allowance numbers are up pretty high. In previous years I think they were half that. Productive numbers are also high, and I almost managed single digit claimers! No Claimers or Solids are Peak, in fact only 6 horses are Peak in the whole crop! Very excited to see how they improve. I spent a lot in stud fees this past year, and while I don't have a flashy Stakes or Freak yearling, the quality seems to be up.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

3 freaks, all VOF. 28 stakes, mostly VOF. Not a bad haul.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago This year I culled out my breeding barn, getting rid of those who did not prove themselves as broodmares.
I need to do a cull this year. Lots of bloodline experimentation last year and I don't need to keep a lot of these mares in my barn.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

I am generally satisficed with my gallops, especially considering the Steward's comment in her Scramble Y63 post: "Year 60 stakes are allowances, the Year 60 freaks are stakes".

As a new player, I went quality over quantity, and bred mostly Fillies from high quality studs. Out of 21 yearlings, I ended up with:

1 Stakes (4.8%)
6 Allowance (including 2 Late Bloomers) (28.6%)
10 Productive (47.6%)
2 Solid (9.5%)
2 Claimer (9.5%)

I bred my 2 Blue Hens to Flightline and ended up with my one Stakes 62 Kit Kat Eyes and 1 Allowance Late Bloomer
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Adding my stakes because Em said they were the previous freaks (sad freaks maybe, but still). I like giving shoutouts to the sires. (There aren't a whole lot of stakes anyway. :) )
  • Portia's daughter by Poet's Corner.
    In theory Karazhan and Skyfall should work. Sometimes. I'm also really fond of Poet's Corner and I dearly wanted a real nice daughter of his
  • Teine's daughter by War Like Me. This is essentially almost like lightning striking twice, since this is a full sister of Ryhka - my sole 2yo freak
  • Arkhia's son by Karazhan (shoutout to myself, yarr!). This is also fun since Arkhia is fifth-ish maternal generation behind one of my old favourites Wonder - who also happen to be the great-grand-dam (or something such) to Sing Back Louder