Who is your biggest letdown this festivus?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Who is your biggest letdown this festivus?

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 1 year ago My entire crop, think this is the first time in near on 30 sim seasons I have bred completely allowance or worse!

11 allowance
23 productive
11 solid
12 claimers
1 Different (chaser)

27 (4 allowance) late bloomers from the 58 foals bred
Ok so it not just me then lol
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

More than twenty of my A hypos result in productive or worse. Can't even tell which one is worst. Only 1/3 of my flat A hypos are allowance or above, which is insane. It's safe to say this festivus is the biggest letdown in my breeding career thus far though.
Last edited by Tan Gent 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 1 year ago My entire crop, think this is the first time in near on 30 sim seasons I have bred completely allowance or worse!

11 allowance
23 productive
11 solid
12 claimers
1 Different (chaser)

27 (4 allowance) late bloomers from the 58 foals bred
I'm also all allowance or worse, BUT there are a few that I think would have been stakes before the adjustment.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

My flat A hypos, especially those that had the $100k+ stud fees.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Allowance Progressive. I guess he decided he doesn't wanna be like his brothers...
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1603794
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago Allowance Progressive. I guess he decided he doesn't wanna be like his brothers...
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1603794
This auction is also disastrous to me. I bought 10. While all hypoing flat A, the best thing I have are a pair of allowance.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

It’s a tie between a. me, because I’m just terrible at breeding fast horses, and b. Shiloh, who just threw her second straight productive/progressive, this one off an A+ cross. If I ever decide to sell this foal please kindly disregard this post.

I made sure to send an angry DM to the steward regarding my lack of breeding competence. /sarcasm

🤷‍♂️🖖
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

None, I expect they won’t be all that I hoped but in numbers I wasn’t surprised.. I bred 58 horses , at least 55 were A hypos , not A- , but A, I resulted in 4 stakes , no freaks , but 22 allowance, 16 of whom are late bloomer , however on the racing side 3 stakes horses are now freaks which seems to suggest that you shouldn’t let the yearlings gallop be the total story, it seems that the gallop changes as they age are becoming more volatile and consequential, Zibanejad for instance had 1 freak reduced to stakes upon the adjustment but now has 3 freaks , none of which are yearlings and the upgrade has mattered as Zibanejan changed at the half point as a 2 yo and was markedly improved at the track, that won’t always be the case as we’ve noticed sometimes it seems the improved gallop is in name only but assuming anything would be a mistake
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Nearly everything. A disaster which means next year when this trash hits the track...blech!
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

The only one i bothered to name is an allowance, late bloomer and sad to say she's the best of this year's crop. I don't know whether to laugh or cry 🤣😭

Good thing I've got some older ponies still racing and her half sister that's now 2 is a freak.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Spent 100k to breed my mare with an A hypo to Flightline.
Got a Claimer.

I figured a 100k sire couldn't produce anything less than Allowance. Hoping for a Stakes at least.

:( :roll:
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

T.D. Palm wrote: 1 year ago Spent 100k to breed my mare with an A hypo to Flightline.
Got a Claimer.

I figured a 100k sire couldn't produce anything less than Allowance. Hoping for a Stakes at least.

Oooof.

I bred a mare to him this year (so a foal now, not a yearling). The mare's first foal was a claimer and since then she's given me a stakes and two allowance (and the stakes was freak before the adjustment so the two allowance might be pre-adjustment stakes) but watch her go back to her claimer producing ways with this one. :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
T.D. Palm wrote: 1 year ago Spent 100k to breed my mare with an A hypo to Flightline.
Got a Claimer.

Oooof.

I bred a mare to him this year (so a foal now, not a yearling). The mare's first foal was a claimer and since then she's given me a stakes and two allowance (and the stakes was freak before the adjustment so the two allowance might be pre-adjustment stakes) but watch her go back to her claimer producing ways with this one. :lol:
I knew I was bad at breeding, but I didn't think I was THAT bad
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

I'm tempted to root against Flightline in the Breeders Cup Classic
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

I don't have a single horse that's a disappointment for me. I managed to avoid pinning too many hopes on any one foal.

I'm the sort of player whose happy with allowance and productive gallops and I even managed a stakes so I'm pretty happy there. I'm less happy that around half my crop is below productive.
Last edited by Gwen Morse 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100