What is the Resting Ratio during Pre Season

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

What is the Resting Ratio during Pre Season

Post by Tammy Fox »

I know this has been discussed before but what is the rest earned ratio during preseason. I think someone said instead of a full day, you only get a 1/2 day.
Also, how often do you gallop during preseason. Do you gallop until you get a warning from the trainer that this horse could be injured or do you gallop just one time?
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: What is the Resting Ratio during Pre Season

Post by Nicole Marie »

The past two preseasons I've galloped twice with 3-5 days in between. I've been doing some experimenting with vetting the horses every real-life day to see when they get back to not getting 'time for a rest' type comments and it seems to average about 4 days for the horses I've checked.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea something has been messed up these past couple of seasons where horses seem to be resting quicker than they used to, but first class shipping and companion animals might also play a factor. I tend to carry on with a normal 2-3 week break schedule on most horses but will occasionally try out a 1.5 or 1 week break if I think something looks like the perfect spot for my horse.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I continue to use 50% rest for this week
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago Yea something has been messed up these past couple of seasons where horses seem to be resting quicker than they used to, but first class shipping and companion animals might also play a factor. I tend to carry on with a normal 2-3 week break schedule on most horses but will occasionally try out a 1.5 or 1 week break if I think something looks like the perfect spot for my horse.
I am fully convinced with a very sound horse, first class shipping, and a pet, horses can run on a 1 week break

Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

I played this last game year with a occasional one week break between races with my pacers and trotters and broke nothing. More exploring needs to be done.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ali Sills wrote: 1 year ago I played this last game year with a occasional one week break between races with my pacers and trotters and broke nothing. More exploring needs to be done.
I've had some of my sound/very sound horses vet "ready to race" with just one week in between.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ali Sills wrote: 1 year ago I played this last game year with a occasional one week break between races with my pacers and trotters and broke nothing. More exploring needs to be done.
The Steward once said pacers and trotters can run more often because they're not actually full on running, rather...well, pacing (or trotting). So just like in real life, they can handle a more intense schedule.

I hope my friend Shannon won't mind me sharing this cool filly of hers:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1486036
1.5 weeks rest and she wins a Grade 2

Or this awesome eventual SC winner from Nini:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1379389
She accidentally ran just 3 DAYS apart and ended up winning a Grade 3 on the 2nd of those 3 day starts

Definitely something we should experiment with!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Nini's horse did break her leg coming out of that race though, so she did win, but then she was out for a pretty decent amount of time and had to miss the Oaks due to it.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago Nini's horse did break her leg coming out of that race though, so she did win, but then she was out for a pretty decent amount of time and had to miss the Oaks due to it.
That’s true, I did forget about that one.