What do you think of the Comments Insure and Longer Career together

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

What do you think of the Comments Insure and Longer Career together

Post by Tammy Fox »

I have been getting comments for both insure and longer career for the same horse. I also have gotten comments for no insure and longer career. So what do you think that means. Do you think the ones with the insure and longer career horses are going to be pretty competitive at their level or do you pay attention to that. Does it mean something different when you get a longer career with insure in regards to soundness even if the horse is sound or very sound.
Just curious what everyone thinks about that comment. Same thing goes for the Insure and Breeding Shed comment. Do you think you have a higher chance of that mare being a star or blue hen with that comment or not. Do you think a colt needs to be raced until he hits $350K and over if he is say an allowance late bloomer and then put to stud.
Looking forward to reading every one's thoughts on this.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: What do you think of the Comments Insure and Longer Career together

Post by Nicole Marie »

It may depend. It seems longer career means their gallop rating is higher than their breeding rating. BUT say you have a freak galloper, that could still mean the mare is a 'star mare'. So if she has a good pedigree and a high broodmare rating, but the gallop rating is still higher, you would, I think, get 'insure' and 'longer career'.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

So far as I’ve worked out, the insure comment is allowance and above. I think it was originally meant to replace gallop levels. Aka allowance and above, insure. Productive and below, don’t insure. Two levels instead of six
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

What about if you get a insure and breeding shed comment combo? Do you think that means the mare is a star or blue hen. Since it was mentioned that insure might mean allowance and above, do you think insure with breeding shed means star or blue or does it perhaps mean formidable and above?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So far, I have only seen insure comments on horses that are allowance up and I've definitely come across some that are insure but have the longer career comment. Pretty sure the insurance comment is just about gallop level, and the breeding shed/longer career comment is just about breeding level.

Found an example: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1564296
Y62-Preseason Trainer: I would insure 'Magnifeat' if you can afford it. You wouldn't want to lose this one! This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races!
Y62-W16-D6 Trainer: 'Magnifeat' is a stakes quality horse. This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races! You can plan for 'Magnifeat' to have a longer career if you want.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Once again I say that unless the Steward has specifically explained the comments, all of this is player guessing and I am taking it with a grain of salt. Cleo did a nice experiment with her young horses but I dont think the numbers involved make it statistically significant. Plus I doubt if she early retired any of her good horses.
My own opinion which is also a guess - is that 'longer career' give an indication of when the horse is burning out and ready to retire and tell us zip about breeding ability. It has always been a frustration on when to retire a good money-making mare if you like the racing aspect of the game. So many times I retired a horse only to find she is a crappy broodmare, so I'm really hoping this comment gives a clue as to whether the horse is done with racing or can go on and win more.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago Once again I say that unless the Steward has specifically explained the comments, all of this is player guessing and I am taking it with a grain of salt. Cleo did a nice experiment with her young horses but I dont think the numbers involved make it statistically significant. Plus I doubt if she early retired any of her good horses.
My own opinion which is also a guess - is that 'longer career' give an indication of when the horse is burning out and ready to retire and tell us zip about breeding ability. It has always been a frustration on when to retire a good money-making mare if you like the racing aspect of the game. So many times I retired a horse only to find she is a crappy broodmare, so I'm really hoping this comment gives a clue as to whether the horse is done with racing or can go on and win more.
I feel it is, but guess we have to wait and see
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I think that when the breeding number is higher than the gallop comment, they will get the breeding shed response (ex: blue hen but claimer gallop). If the breeding number is lower than the gallop comment (ex: no potential broodmare but stakes galloper) it will be longer career. It will be interesting to see if the longer career/breeding shed comment changes if you have a horse that goes from claimer 2yo to stakes/freak 3yo. As of right now, if I have a claimer/solid mare with the longer career comment who is at Peak and older than 4, I am not keeping them lol.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Oh man, I hope the Longer Career comment isn't an indicator of breeding level because every Stakes+ colt in my barn (including two from the Select TBS auction) have gotten that comment :lol:
I could see how it might be put on horses whose running number is higher than their breeding number, but it also makes sense that it could be unrelated and just be a way for us to gauge which horses we could run longer if we wanted to prioritize racing over breeding.

I just did my own mini experiment and retired two Allowance level fillies who each had the Longer Career comments... Formidable and Good.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago Oh man, I hope the Longer Career comment isn't an indicator of breeding level because every Stakes+ colt in my barn (including two from the Select TBS auction) have gotten that comment :lol:
I could see how it might be put on horses whose running number is higher than their breeding number, but it also makes sense that it could be unrelated and just be a way for us to gauge which horses we could run longer if we wanted to prioritize racing over breeding.

I just did my own mini experiment and retired two Allowance level fillies who each had the Longer Career comments... Formidable and Good.
Thanks for sharing!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I retired -
a longer career productive and got formidable.
longer career allowance and got formidable
longer career allowance and got good mare
breeding shed allowance and got blue hen
breeding shed allowance another blue hen
breeding shed allowance #3 and another blue hen

I think its safe to say there is a correlation here.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

This stuff is fascinating and I'm kind of toying around with a few horses of mine. What about with the colts, I got one that said, hope to see in the breeding shed one day, I have an idea with fillies, but colts are a little harder to pin down. The one in question is a productive, so is this one supposed to improve enough to even have a shot at the shed?

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Jack Meyer wrote: 1 year ago This stuff is fascinating and I'm kind of toying around with a few horses of mine. What about with the colts, I got one that said, hope to see in the breeding shed one day, I have an idea with fillies, but colts are a little harder to pin down. The one in question is a productive, so is this one supposed to improve enough to even have a shot at the shed?

Jack
I think the breeding shed number is already in place but it will be up to you to get the productive up to 350k if you want to stand him and get that additional extra boost.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago
Jack Meyer wrote: 1 year ago This stuff is fascinating and I'm kind of toying around with a few horses of mine. What about with the colts, I got one that said, hope to see in the breeding shed one day, I have an idea with fillies, but colts are a little harder to pin down. The one in question is a productive, so is this one supposed to improve enough to even have a shot at the shed?

Jack
I think the breeding shed number is already in place but it will be up to you to get the productive up to 350k if you want to stand him and get that additional extra boost.
Thank Nena!
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago

Jack
Wow. I had not realized that there is an actual SIM calculation boost for horses that reach the $350k in earnings mark. I knew that the stated $350k mark was a target and "suggested level" to stand a stud (and the relatively new $50k to initially stand) to keep out the riff-raff not-worthy studs. Do you all know for certain that there was a very real stallion boost associated with the earnings.

If so, I shall have to go visit the barn and permanently evict my riff-raff. jX