What do you think of the Comments Insure and Longer Career together

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: What do you think of the Comments Insure and Longer Career together

Post by John Smith »

I also, now, think the breeding shed/insure are possibly more related than say longer career/breeding..."you wouldn't want to lose thise one" and "unless you are attached to pedigree"

I'm up to 4 cents
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

That being said, I got one like Mary - a longer career and then galloped into an "insure" today too though, so only way that could happen is possibly the pasture she is at is near a nuclear reactor for the hypothesis were to hold water. To move into a genetic superior place is superhero stuff! Maybe she got bit by a spider!...so longer career durability could co exist with one to insure for breeding/racing, at least

Y63-W6-D5 Galloped
Y63-W6-D5 Trainer: 'Lovecaster' really wowed me today! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully. I would insure 'Lovecaster' if you can afford it. You wouldn't want to lose this one!
Y63-W4-D7 Renamed 62 Here for Your Love to Lovecaster
Y63-W4-D1 Galloped
Y63-W4-D1 Trainer: '62 Here for Your Love' really wowed me today! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully. What a bunch of natural speed '62 Here for Your Love' has! I'm impressed.
Y63-W3-D1 Galloped
Y63-W3-D1 Trainer: '62 Here for Your Love' really wowed me today! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully. What a bunch of natural speed '62 Here for Your Love' has! I'm impressed.
Y63-W2-D4 Walked the Shedrow
Y63-W2-D4 Schooled in the Paddock
Y63-W2-D4 Schooled in the Gate
Y63-W2-D1 Galloped
Y63-W2-D1 Trainer: '62 Here for Your Love' really wowed me today! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully. What a bunch of natural speed '62 Here for Your Love' has! I'm impressed.
Y63-W1-D4 Worked on the Longe Line
Y63-W1-D1 Galloped
Y63-W1-D1 Trainer: '62 Here for Your Love' really wowed me today! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully. You can plan for '62 Here for Your Love' to have a longer career if you want.
Y63-Preseason Galloped
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Is anything about mares that don't have a win?
I don't think so since in real life the standard for mares is way lower than for stallions (probably since they can only have one foal per year, and studs can have 400+ if they shuttle hemispheres)
True
I don’t have the stats to support my hypothesis, but have found that allowance type mares who break their maiden give me a better breeding shed comment/hypo. Of course, this could be due to a million other reasons, but something interesting to keep an eye on.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

The first "Insure" that I retired is an ok bred Formidable/Galloped Allw
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Just the other day I had a horse randomly improve. He went to stakes peak at 2 and chase different career shortly after that but at 5yo he turned freak peak. When I galloped him to check this he gave me the longer career comment. So I think you can take the comment to mean literally longer career racing, because the sim knows it will get better later in life. It knows how long it will hold a comment before it declines, which could be 3yo or 8. You never know. I consider 5 to be turning point of going over the hill. I’m retiring most * before they turn that age. Anything running 5or 6 or 7 is a long career, to me. Who knows how long this horse will stay good or last but the improvement is cool.
;p
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Just the other day I had a horse randomly improve. He went to stakes peak at 2 and chase different career shortly after that but at 5yo he turned freak peak. When I galloped him to check this he gave me the longer career comment. So I think you can take the comment to mean literally longer career racing, because the sim knows it will get better later in life. It knows how long it will hold a comment before it declines, which could be 3yo or 8. You never know. I consider 5 to be turning point of going over the hill. I’m retiring most * before they turn that age. Anything running 5or 6 or 7 is a long career, to me. Who knows how long this horse will stay good or last but the improvement is cool.
This +1 the idea that it has to do with breeding is nuts
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Just the other day I had a horse randomly improve. He went to stakes peak at 2 and chase different career shortly after that but at 5yo he turned freak peak. When I galloped him to check this he gave me the longer career comment. So I think you can take the comment to mean literally longer career racing, because the sim knows it will get better later in life. It knows how long it will hold a comment before it declines, which could be 3yo or 8. You never know. I consider 5 to be turning point of going over the hill. I’m retiring most * before they turn that age. Anything running 5or 6 or 7 is a long career, to me. Who knows how long this horse will stay good or last but the improvement is cool.
This is my interpretation as well - "longer career" means just that - longer racing career, and may be a very, very late bloomer. It has nothing to do with breeding ability.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 1 year ago
Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago
This is my interpretation as well - "longer career" means just that - longer racing career, and may be a very, very late bloomer. It has nothing to do with breeding ability.
+2
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

But didn’t Em confirm Tim’s theory that breeding shed=better breeding numbers, longer career=better racing numbers?

We also need to see if longer career actually does materialise as better results for horses as they age. I personally haven’t seen significant evidence of this so far but I’m of course willing to give it more time.

I also have horses like this 3yo filly that is a stakes late bloomer (https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1504680 ) and is a “breeding shed” comment, so by this logic she should really have reached peak now right? Or should do so by week 9 this season, so I guess it’ll be interesting to see if she does so.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Today I galloped Magic Kingdom and got the Longer Career note. He is 6 and racing about as good as he always has.......He Peaked at 3 (Mid season)
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago To me Longer Career is just what is says it is. A horse will be at or near it's peak at ages 4-5-6-7 depending on each horse. It has nothing to do with Breeding. As to when a horse will improve it's still the Peak/Progressive/Late Bloomer values. Very few improve before 3, most improve betwen 3-4. a few will go later and a few earlier. Most,the improvement will be negilgible, some will be noticable and a handful will hit the lottery
This response in a different thread by the Steward seems to suggest, based on my reading of it, that the longer career comment is tied to breeding capability compared to racing talent.
The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago
I guess maybe breeding shed could s mean its not necessarily a good breeder, just better at breeding than racing? I dunno.
That's why the OR is in there, because so much can be covered. I looked at the horse (The Rhys filly, right? I think that's where the thread started). So she's far from a good racehorse at this moment, but she's a late bloomer that WILL improve later. But how much will she improve? Enough that we think you should spend your hard earned cash to insure her? Naw, but you can if you want to/are attached to the pedigree. Will she better in the shed than on the track? Sure looks like it, but "better than" can be a formidable mare is better than a claimer, so you STILL might not need to spend hard earned money to insure. It's all subjective, if a formidable mare is tops in your barn by all means insure. (Note: this does not mean this will for sure be a formidable mare in this example, I'm just saying how the comment could work (better breeder than racer, and really not that good of a racer so it's not saying much)).
Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago I stand by my comments. It's the beauty of the game to learn and react to what you learn along the way. Been playing 29 seasons and learn new things every one!
I’ll include this here as it seems to be the same issue/discussion? I’m trying to not provide my opinion, because it is merely that, an opinion. What I’m trying to do here is direct everyone’s attention to the one person who has the facts and what they communicated to us. Perhaps we are just interrupting what is said here differently, even though it’s seems pretty clear to me.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I can't imagine how the above comment is tied to Longer career? Again, I stand by my previous comments and am done with this thread. I have seen nothing in all the comments to change my opinion of their meaning.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago I can't imagine how the above comment is tied to Longer career? Again, I stand by my previous comments and am done with this thread. I have seen nothing in all the comments to change my opinion of their meaning.
The above comment is related to the longer career as the comment in question was the breeding shed comment. A horse receives either the breeding shed or the longer career comment. Perhaps that is this disconnect here?

Either way, I appreciate you’re done with this thread, I was simply trying to help us all come to the appropriate conclusion on this, as there is a right answer here. I’m not trying to be argumentative in anyway and hope you didn’t take it as such.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago Hello, I am back with 3 "freak" galloper examples. 2 with the "breeding shed" comment and 1 with the "longer career" comment:

1) Easy to See Why-DR BREEDING SHED
Y63-Preseason Trainer: Oh, my! 'Easy to See Why' is a freak! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future! I'm really hoping to see 'Easy to See Why' in the breeding shed one day!
Y63-W4-D7 Agent: 'Easy to See Why' looks like a blue hen, what a special mare! Unfortunately, 'Easy to See Why' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.
Hypos:
Astro: A
Steamboat WIllie: A
Valley of Fire: A

2) Snow Kitty-TR BREEDING SHED
Y63-W2-D1 Trainer: 'Snow Kitty': Freaky! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future! I'm really hoping to see 'Snow Kitty' in the breeding shed one day!
Y63-W6-D2 Agent: 'Snow Kitty' looks like a blue hen, what a special mare! Unfortunately, 'Snow Kitty' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.
Hypos:
Impacts: A-
Still Fire: A-
Henry VII: B+
Improvisational: B+

3) Love Can Fail-TR LONGER CAREER
Y63-W2-D3 Trainer: Oh, my! 'Love Can Fail' is a freak! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future! You can plan for 'Love Can Fail' to have a longer career if you want.
Y63-W4-D5 Agent: 'Love Can Fail' looks like a blue hen, what a special mare! Unfortunately, 'Love Can Fail' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.
Hypos:
A Fighter: A
All the Way Up: A
First Class: A
Henry VII: A
Impacts: A
Still Fire: A
Freddy With a Y: A-
Moonlighte Sonata: A-
Voyage: A-

So this information has made me somewhat confused, considering how badly Snow Kitty is hypoing
But don't we have legit concrete evidence here? "Love can fail" a freak like all, ran better on track than breeding shed comment horses, even though labeled a freak. And seems to hypo better. I guess it is still possible to have that phenomenon happen where breeding was lower than racing for Love Can Fail since she was so accomplished and the others relatively unaccomplished. So maybe. like most communications, are just not connecting the labels - that is freak doesn't really indicate ability, as seen in these examples, anyway, but longer career could be a more precise way of judging talent? That s if you have a freak/breeding shed...well might end up with one of the 1st two runners versus a freak longer career, go ahead and nominate.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

I think yall are thinking too hard about numbers that make such a minor difference for it to be worth it.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another