What do you think of the Comments Insure and Longer Career together

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: What do you think of the Comments Insure and Longer Career together

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ok, another example for studying:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1558989

-Y62-W9-D1 Trainer: I wouldn't bother insuring 'Castles in the Sky' right now, unless you're attached to the pedigree. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

-Y62-W16-D6 Trainer: Great mover! 'Castles in the Sky' should have a productive career. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future! I'm really hoping to see 'Castles in the Sky' in the breeding shed one day!

-Y63-Preseason Agent: If you had a barnful of broodmares such as 'Castles in the Sky', you would have a formidable breeding operation! Unfortunately, 'Castles in the Sky' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

And just as a bonus, here are 4 hypos for her:
Valley of Fire: A-/C
Dave Matthews Band: A-/C
Maximus: B+/C
Owlpha Romeo: B+/C
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

And another one to study:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1577305

-Y62-W1-D1 Trainer: I wouldn't bother insuring 'Esken for Love' right now, unless you're attached to the pedigree. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

-Y62-W16-D6 Trainer: Great mover! 'Esken for Love' should have a productive career. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future! You can plan for 'Esken for Love' to have a longer career if you want.

-Y63-Preseason Agent: If you had a barnful of broodmares such as 'Esken for Love', you would have a formidable breeding operation! Unfortunately, 'Esken for Love' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

Hypos:
Impacts: A-/C
Still Fire: B+/C
Dissimulation: B+/C
Henry VII: B+/C

Based on how I believe comments work, this filly would have seen a random improvement at some point since on my understanding, her breeding ability should be lower than her racing ability, and the highest broodmare comment I've seen productives get is formidable (unless she is just marginally better as a racehorse than a broodmare?).

This is all interesting stuff and I'm finding myself more and more curious to experiment.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ok one last one I promise haha!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1496084

-Y63-Preseason Trainer: 'Forget to Love' moved easily! I hope she isn't a morning glory. This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races! I wouldn't bother insuring 'Forget to Love' right now, unless you're attached to the pedigree.

-Y63-Preseason Agent: 'Forget to Love' looks like a blue hen, what a special mare! Unfortunately, 'Forget to Love' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

I unfortunately didn't get a breeding comment on this one since she is a 3yo so she didn't have extra comments last season. My guess is she would have gotten the breeding shed comment but I can't be sure.

Here's the hypos:
Impacts: A/C
Brilliance: A/C
Improvisational: A-/C
Henry VII: A-/C
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago If people don’t think the 350k matters then can people share the blue hen and stars they bred to stallions that earned less than 350k and what were the gallops?

I think it’s been clearly stated before that a horse’s ability takes a hit if they don’t earn 350k…..doesn’t matter if they earned 10m or 400k - as long as it’s over 350k the horses ability does not suffer.
This is the best documented example I can think of of a horse that didn't reach $350k but was an exceptional stallion: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=461896

I remember Nena commenting and wondering what he would have been like as a sire if he HAD reached the 350k threshold because he was already so so good (iirc, he was THE top hypoing AWM stallion at the time).
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago If people don’t think the 350k matters then can people share the blue hen and stars they bred to stallions that earned less than 350k and what were the gallops?

I think it’s been clearly stated before that a horse’s ability takes a hit if they don’t earn 350k…..doesn’t matter if they earned 10m or 400k - as long as it’s over 350k the horses ability does not suffer.
This is the best documented example I can think of of a horse that didn't reach $350k but was an exceptional stallion: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=461896

I remember Nena commenting and wondering what he would have been like as a sire if he HAD reached the 350k threshold because he was already so so good (iirc, he was THE top hypoing AWM stallion at the time).
Yea, the only reason I even tried him at stud is because I was sad that he didnt make 350k and I loved his dam. I was SHOCKED when he got an A- hypo because AW NEVER gave me great hypos like that at the time so I stood him. Pic below is Snowflake's A-/A hypos and his measily earnings were below $300k

✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Is anything about mares that don't have a win?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Is anything about mares that don't have a win?
As far as I know, mares don’t have any extra requirement to get them to reach full potential as broodmares.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Is anything about mares that don't have a win?
I don't think so since in real life the standard for mares is way lower than for stallions (probably since they can only have one foal per year, and studs can have 400+ if they shuttle hemispheres)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
I don't think so since in real life the standard for mares is way lower than for stallions (probably since they can only have one foal per year, and studs can have 400+ if they shuttle hemispheres)
True
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Carole, What were the mares gallop rating that you tried the experiment with in regards to breeding shed. I am curious is a productive late bloomer with the breeding shed comment and no insure will be more likely to be a formidable and if they have the insure comment with the breeding shed comment if they are more likely to be a star or blue hen.
I have several productive late bloomer yearling with and without the insure comment plus the breeding shed comment that I am going to try the same experiment on next sim year.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Tammy Fox wrote: 1 year ago Carole, What were the mares gallop rating that you tried the experiment with in regards to breeding shed. I am curious is a productive late bloomer with the breeding shed comment and no insure will be more likely to be a formidable and if they have the insure comment with the breeding shed comment if they are more likely to be a star or blue hen.
I have several productive late bloomer yearling with and without the insure comment plus the breeding shed comment that I am going to try the same experiment on next sim year.
They were indeed productive gallopers. Few at peak, one was progressive (the one that became a blue hen).
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Carole so the peaks were formidable and the progressive was Blue Hen.
I need to try that experiment and see what happens.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago

There have been a couple good QH stallions under 350k as well. Rare, but it happens!

My understanding has always been that if they're under 350k they take a small hit to their ability, not that those over 350k get a boost, for what it's worth.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

My take on the comments thus far is that to "Insure" or "Not Insure" is a question I'm going to ignore for the time being because it makes no sense. :P
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I have yet to see anything lower than an Allowance with Insure... and Ive galloped a *lot* of horses.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚